It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2003, 03:46 PM   #1
(female)

butterfly_babe1601 HB User
Question to all those with belly button peircings

i've been wanting to do this for a while but the idea of pain scares me. i can handle ear peircings(in fact i have 2 in each ear) and needle shots at the doctors. how is the pain compared to those? what is the risk of hitting the artery near the area? was it worth it?
the only thing that worries me the most is the artery thing.
thanks for all your info!

Old 02-24-2003, 11:23 AM   #2

charby15 HB User
Well I have my ears pierced twice, belly button and tongue pierced and i have 4 tattoos and i would have to say that gettin my ears pierced was the most painful!!! LOL Weird i know!! It didn't hurt at all and i took good care of it so i didn't have infection problems and i researched the place i got it done at and new others that went there also. The place has a very good reputation so i wasn't too worried. I think they look real cute if taken care of properly. Good luck to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2003, 06:22 PM   #3

starshine2212 HB User
Smile

I got my belly button pierced 3 years ago. It didn't really hurt that bad. The worst part was the clip they use to pull your skin out to stick the needle through. Make sure you go to a respectable place. My friend did it on a whim and the piercer didn't align the holes. She had to get it done again, right afterwards. Also, mine started coming closer to the skin. I really thought it was going to work it's way out of my belly button , so I took it out. But I've never heard of that happening to anyone. So, don't worry. I've also never heard about it hitting an artery. Good luck!

Old 03-12-2003, 06:18 AM   #4

Kylie1 HB User
Well I fainted from the pain.

Old 03-12-2003, 08:08 AM   #5

911_mom HB User
Cool

I got a tatoo around my belly button and 30 sec. after that was done, I got my belly button pierced. The tatoo definitely hurt worse! Had to take it out 2 yrs. later when I got pregnant and never have got it re-pierced. I guess that's cause I'm a mom now and feel so old. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif

Old 03-12-2003, 09:10 AM   #6

charby15 HB User
911_mom: I got a question I have a tattoo below my tummy on my pelvic area where my under cover it. Did your tattoo stretch when you got pregnant? if so did it go back to normal after? Everyone says when i get pregnant my tatt is going to be all nasty!! LOL

Old 03-12-2003, 10:03 AM   #7

Penguin4200 HB User
When I had mine done, I had a friend do it, and even though he was licensed, he didn't use the clamp and oh my gosh, that was honestly the worst pain that I have ever been through in my life... well, close to it. Not trying to scare you or anything, but make sure that they use the clamp.

Old 03-12-2003, 10:13 AM   #8

Tiff Tiff HB User
I have my belly button pierced.. my ears pierced a bunch, my nipples pierced, and my hood pierced, and none of them hurt except my nipples. and the bellybutton is nothing!!!! don't sweat it...

this is my theory: people who think it's going to hurt... it really hurts. and people who think it's not going to hurt when they get it done.. they hardly feel a thing. the bottom line is.. it doesn't hurt. but if you want it to hurt.. it will. so dont be scared it's cool and then u got a cute little piercing to show off afterwards dont be a wimp .. oh and make sure you clean it right or else it will infect. and then also one last thing.. make sure u go to a licensed place.. they know what they are doing... i have yet to hear of someone ACTUALLY getting an artery pierced by accident... honestly i think that is somehting moms made up to scare their kids from getting it done.
good luck!

Old 03-15-2003, 09:44 PM   #9

911_mom HB User
Charby-sorry it took so long to reply. Yes, it definitely stretched. I gained 64 lbs. when I was pregnant and my tat was HUGE. It did go back though-Thank Goodness. Now it's just a tattoo with some stretch marks through it.

Old 03-16-2003, 12:55 AM   #10
(female)

Im_Robyn HB User
The navel piercing is one the least painful, the only part that is uncomfortable is the preasure. I have been body piercing for almost two years so believe me there is a little chance of a artery being hit unless the piercer goes way too deep or if you have an outty belly button and if thats the case then I wouldnt get it done. And compared to lobes its about the same.

Old 03-21-2003, 03:44 AM   #11

christina313 HB User
First off don't let these people scare you!! I am so scared of needles , blood and pain. HELL IM THE BIGGEST CHICKEN! but i seriously thought my bellybutton peircings was gonna hurt , and let me be honest. The ear peircing hurts worse! its so fast you cant feel a thing. And on the artery issue , There are no arterys in that area it is only tissue.

------------------
christina

Old 03-21-2003, 03:57 AM   #12

brown suga HB User
Question

Hi,
i want to get my belly pierced too, and i'm SO curious,
1. i need to know if they make u lye down stand or sit
2. if it bleeds heaps after
3. how it hurts, etc. burning stinging aching
4. if thicker skin hurts more
5. if u cant do anything after,
like sleeping on your belly, rubbing your belly and stuff.
and 6. if u should get a bar or ring, i heard rings heal faster
oh and one more 7. if it catches on things easy

Old 03-21-2003, 03:59 AM   #13

brown suga HB User
sorry theres one more thing, does it take a while to get it pierced, or do they just put in the needle and straight after put in the bar.
thanx for ya help

Old 03-22-2003, 04:57 PM   #14
(female)

Talking

hey! it's me again, the one who started the topic. it's been about 3 weeks now since i got my naval piercing. it'll be a month on the 28th. anyways, im going to tell my story and put the ones who are wondering at rest. first thing, the WORST part about it is actually worrying about the pain before you get it done. well, my mom, sister, and i went to the room where they do they're piercings (this is at a very respectful tatoo and piercing shop) fisrt she got all the stuff out and clean her hands and stuff. she let me choose between a ring or banana bell,i chose the bell. then she explained a few things to me while cleaing my belly button. she clamped it and then took the needle out of the packaging.she put numbing stuff on the needle and on my belly button. when i saw the needle coming towards me i thought oh no here we go and i shut my eyes. i felt the pierce but it was more of a wierd uncomfortable feeling then pain. it took 3 seconds and the needle was out and the ring was in. she even told me i had tough (thick) skin. then she explained how to clean it(which is the most important thing to prevent infection). i didn't bleed or have pain. just a little sore two days afterwards.

Old 03-22-2003, 05:03 PM   #15
(female)

brown suga:

you have to be very careful with it the first few months and clean it twice a day. i would recommend the bell because it doesnt snag as bad and in my opinon it heals alot better. you shouldn't wear any tight clothes and no pants that touch your belly button. you can't sleep on your stomach for a while for one thing because it hurts too and second it could encourage the ring to migrate (move to the surface of your skin) and come out. be very careful about anything being around that area b/c i didn't a few times and pulled on my ring and it hurts! just keep it clean and dont touch it unless your cleaning it and remember to wash your hands before touching it. i have tough skin and i think that's why it didn't hurt and i didn't bleed. good luck!

Closed Thread