It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2003, 09:40 PM   #1

CrazyBoutLinkinPark HB User
Question What is it with guys and cars?

I know this is probably a dumb question, but...

A few months ago, for my 16th birthday, I got this really crappy "hand me down" car from my brother. Although I really liked that car, everyone (and I mean everyone) used to make fun of it including him; which, by the way, didn't bother me at all because it was always nice and it was never mean. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/clown.gif But, one day, unfortunately, my car died, so I bought a brand new and much nicer car.

When I had crappy car #1, I used to hang out with the guy I like (let's call him Joe), but now, ever since I got a new car, Joe always wants to do something, and he always wants me to drive my car wherever we go... or just drive the car for a few hours... I don't know about you guys, but in Cali, gas costs $2 a gallon, and even though my parents pay for gas, I sometimes put my foot down and say that I don't want to take my car and we end up taking his, but...

Even though we talk a lot, laugh, flirt, have serious conversations, share each other's secrets... I just can't help getting the feeling that he likes the car more than he likes me. I know that sounds dumb, because we have a good time together, and it isn't like my car is a "one of a kind" or anything worth killing over.

So...

What is it with guys and cars??

I mean, I really like cars, and I know how much horsepower, cylinders, etc. are in anything from a Ferrari Enzo to a Ford Focus SE, but seriously, does the type of car matter?

I know a ton of girls go out with guys just because they like their cars, but are guys the same?? http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif Please write back, I'm curious to know!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2003, 10:29 PM   #2

boardguy16 HB User
lots of guys are naturally attracted to cars haha

but i really dont think he would be going out with you only for your car. guys dont really do that.

Old 08-16-2003, 09:57 AM   #3

kbunch HB User
to answer that, ask yourself what is it with girls and shopping/makeup/fashion/always trying to look their best? probably the same answer for the guys, because they love cars.

Old 08-20-2003, 03:46 PM   #4

Brujeria HB User
If a car was a women...i would make love to it....but its not :-( .....lol j/k

I think its because we get a natural high(i do). A CAR WEIGHING OVER 2 TONS...DOING OVER 8O MPH ON THE STREET......OR....A RIDE WITH 24'S WITH SPINNERS.......OR!.....A F-250, DIESEL, RAISED 12 INCHES OR MORE WITH HUGE F*CKEN TIRES...HOW CAN U NOT LOVE THAT!...like some1 else posted, WHY do u women LOVE to shop? and buying sh*tload of shoes?

[This message has been edited by Brujeria (edited 08-20-2003).]

Closed Thread