It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2003, 11:44 PM   #1

abbygirl3112 HB User
Post girls hate me...guys like me..HELP

i have a problem....
okay, not to sound vain and all, but i'm a <deleted> year old abercrombie model...like i'm on their websight, in their magazine, and on the walls in some of their stores...
i love it so much, but lately i've been thinking of quitting, because every guy likes me, and because of it every girl hates me...i only have 2 GIRL friends and they've told me that when a new girl comes to school, like all the other girls go, "Yeah, Abby's an abercrombie model, she's all stuck up." and stuff like that. It hurts my feelings that they dont even know me and say this stuff about me. I'M NOT STUCK UP AT ALL!!!! i love modeling and it's like my life, but i'm thinking about quitting so girls will like me more...what shoud i do?????? HELP

[This message has been edited by tntmod5 (edited 07-29-2003).]

Old 07-28-2003, 11:50 PM   #2

nik86 HB User
yea i wish i can be a model but i dont hate you, if girls hate you they are just jealous obviously b/c your pretty and pretty much famous

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2003, 04:51 AM   #3

nick3454 HB User
u shouldn't stop doing something you love because of what others think, it's a jealousy issue, don't stop modeling because you wan't girls to like you more. just keep being youself, if they can't see you for who you really are then that's their problem and they don't deserve your friendship

take care
nick

Old 07-29-2003, 06:41 AM   #4
Inactive

Sundance_Dawn HB User
I agree with the others who have advised you not to give it up just because of what your so-called friends think of you, but at the same time it might help if you stopped totally identifying yourself with modelling? You may not be aware of this but I do get the impression that you have a tendency to "rub it in" a bit (just look at the user name you chose!) and probably mention the modelling a lot more than is necessary (and to be honest why mention/point it out at all? You are YOU, not a brand name or a piece of clothing! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif ).

You may not be a stuck up person but someone who's constantly going on about how they're a model and did so-and-so for Company X is going to come across as a phoney and a bore, no matter what you're really like personality-wise.

[This message has been edited by Sundance_Dawn (edited 07-29-2003).]

Old 07-29-2003, 09:26 AM   #5

Miranda2626 HB User
Wink

Hey Abby I think it is cool that u are a model!
If you have 2 good friends then I wouldnt worry about a thing. If the girls hate u for being a model or whatever then they arent worth hanging out with anyway..
If those girls say one more thing to you about it just ignore it say "yeah whatever"..
much love

[This message has been edited by Miranda2626 (edited 07-29-2003).]

Old 07-29-2003, 11:08 PM   #6
Inactive

the_beautiful_mistake HB User
Your a abercrombie model, lol that would give me something to hate about you... lol. Just because abercrombie are preppy little people that think there better... lol Whoa and for you carol, only you would know what your son does... lol Sicko.

Old 07-30-2003, 02:26 PM   #7
Inactive

DanaJ HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by Sundance_Dawn:
atit might help if you stopped totally identifying yourself with modelling? You may not be aware of this but I do get the impression that you have a tendency to "rub it in" a bit (just look at the user name you chose!) and probably mention the modelling a lot more than is necessary (and to be honest why mention/point it out at all? You are YOU, not a brand name or a piece of clothing! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif ).

You may not be a stuck up person but someone who's constantly going on about how they're a model and did so-and-so for Company X is going to come across as a phoney and a bore, no matter what you're really like personality-wise.

[This message has been edited by Sundance_Dawn (edited 07-29-2003).]
Agreed.

Old 08-02-2003, 12:47 AM   #8

FirestormZero HB User
Alright, When you're really pretty it is very rough. Girls are very very very jealous of other girls. If I were you I wouldn't talk about being an abercrombie model. Let others discover on their own. This will make you look very self-confident and like you have a secret life that no one else can understand. Don't quit modeling. Quit talking about it. When I see a guy who brags about how tough he is. I'm not scared. When I find out that the quiet guy at the gym is rumored to be a hitman, I start to wonder.

Remember to branch out. Invite friends and friends of your friends. Create groups. Assert dominance but do so without being forceful. Make yourself a pleasure to be around, have fun, have parties.

Your modeling is another part of yourself. One that most people should not know or care about (yes you will miss classes for some shoots, try not to publicize. Also remember when you go through transition you will not be a model.) so keep others out of it.

Old 08-02-2003, 12:49 AM   #9

FirestormZero HB User
Ok. Also. *** Abbygirl. Screw that. Clear that. Get rid of it. BIGGGG MISTAKE. You are wrapping too much of your identity in what you are, rather than who you are. Find some other name, cause that one is a turn off.

Also.. I happen to think Abercrombie guys are MUCH hotter than the Abercrombie girls... though there are some very pretty ones.

Old 08-06-2003, 08:29 PM   #10

abbygirl3112 HB User
omg noooooooooo everyone!!
my name is abby...thats why me screename is abbygirl!!! it has nothing to do with abercrombie!!! PLZ dont be like everyone else and think that i am shallow.....i've only told my 2 friends about modeling and somehow everyone found out!! I SWEAR MY NAME IS ABBY

Old 08-06-2003, 09:20 PM   #11

abbygirl3112 HB User
Oh Yeah...thanx everyone who replied to me...even if you thought my screename had someting to do with abercrombie...but especially to those of you who gave me advice...thank you...miranda, nick, and nik...i dont think i'm going to quit modeling...but i'm not sure, is it really worth going through this??? Please keep sending advice...and agian...thank you

Old 08-06-2003, 09:33 PM   #12

babii_qurl HB User
hey abby,

dont give up modeling! it i was in modeling i sure wouldnt give it up. it sounds like so much fun and who gives a sh*t what other people think of you. they dont know you and they're already judging you. so i assume there just jealous of what you've got and mad because they want guys to like them too.

i hope i have helped.

Old 08-06-2003, 11:55 PM   #13

abbygirl3112 HB User
gggggg

Old 08-07-2003, 01:57 AM   #14

Kylie1 HB User
Abby, they are obviously jealous of you for your looks. It doesn't matter if you model or not, you are still going to get this ****

Old 08-07-2003, 08:32 PM   #15

hyzenthlay HB User
i have more faith in my sex than to accept that they're all a bunch of self-loathing jealous hags. perhaps you do not mean to come off as stuck up but it happens anyway. you may intend to seem friendly but it comes across as phony. i don't know you so i can only base my guess on your post which i'm sorry to say comes across as "stuck up".

Closed Thread