It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2003, 01:24 PM   #1

qteepie205 HB User
Post I'M BLACK HE'S WHITE

Me and this guy has been secretly dating for about 5years mainly because he's white and i'm an african princess(lol)well anyway my parents and his were kool thinking we we're just friends but when we told them we were dating they totally flippped. They won't let us be together at all. if he calls on th phone they say i'm not home or i'm out with someone else.His parents are a LOT more meaner than my parents though.They say things and do things i really don't want to talk about because i really don't want to think about it.I believe thats why my parents treat my boyfriend that way because they don't like his parents. we were thinking of moving out together we graduate this year coming up we've already gotten college offers from similar colleges we haven't pick (i'm on academic he's athletic(football)/so we have full scolarships and money saved up

WHAT DO YOU'LL THINK

Old 07-26-2003, 01:50 PM   #2

ImaCuteMonkey86 HB User
I think...if your seriously in love with this guy. You need to sit down and have a talk with your parents. They can not control who you fall in and out of love with, and I honestly think they should be willing to back you up in just about any situation (other than you know, abusive and stuff). So. If you honestly think this is the guy for you, talk it out with your parents have him talk it out with his parents, then you all talk together.
Why is it so different you guys dating and you guys being friends? What has them worried?

------------------
We were all born to die. And before we die. We must choose sides. God's or Man's.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2003, 12:35 AM   #3

wondertwin44 HB User
I completely agree with Imacutemonkey (love your name by the way.) You said that you don't think you're parents like this parents. Are you sure that it's completely about race? If you truly think this guy is for you and you are ready to live with him, then go for it. I'm a white girl, and I think black men are so sexy. I've had hypothetical talks about situations like this with my parents. They don't really approve of it, but I told them I'll fall in love with whom ever it's meant to be. They may not like it, but I think I've got them to accept it. Just try talking to both your parents and hope for the best. GOOD LUCK!!!

------------------
Game over. I had to accept the fact that in life some women are simply better and no amount of shoes or lack of pastry or making of pies will change that. I will never be the woman with the perfect hair who can wear white and not spill on it and chair committees and write thank you notes. And I can't feel bad about that.
Carrie, ~SATC~
Game over. I had to accept the fact that in life some women are simply better and no amount of shoes or lack of pastry or making of pies will change that. I will never be the woman with the perfect hair who can wear white and not spill on it and chair committees and write thank you notes. And I can't feel bad about that.
Carrie, ~SATC~

Old 07-27-2003, 05:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
Talk to your parents, sit them dowen and tell them, you really like this guy and nothing they do or say is going to change that. Then do it with his parents. Let them ask you any questions you want and don't get angry, just be mature and calm. If they still can't get over the raical differences, forget about them.

Old 08-07-2003, 08:51 AM   #5

Lambtube HB User
The colour of a person's skin should make no difference - just as a black car is not any better or any worse than a white car.

Your parents need to grow up.

You need to emphasize what a good person he is, and he needs to emphasize what a good person you are.

My daughter is 6 months old - when she is 16, if she has a really good boyfriend, a really great guy, I couldn't care a tinker's darn about his skin colour - its the quality of the person I care about!

Old 08-07-2003, 01:23 PM   #6
Inactive

shellylay HB User
Hrmm, that's a tricky situation. Parents are really important in your lives, but sometimes they just don't understand. My parents are from 2 totally different cultures and their parents didn't understand. They married anyway and my grandparents learned to accept it b/c they didn't want any of us out of the picture. I think if your parents realize how much you two care for each other, they will give you support. Plus, 5 years is definitely enough time to decide how important your b/f is to you!

G'luck!

G'luck!

------------------

*~* ShEllyLAy *~*

Old 08-08-2003, 09:34 PM   #7

romulus HB User
ive been in the same situation before, except we were both girls. her mother went psycho on me and it sucked. eventually she got over it though. you just have to let people come to terms with things sometimes. good luck.

Old 08-10-2003, 04:48 PM   #8
Inactive

Kizzzee HB User
talk to ur parents and tell them how u feel..ive been in this situation b4 too kinda cept im white hehe but this guy i liked was so sweet and stuff and he turned out to be a total jerk but that doesnt matter lol i think u should talk to ur parents and if they dont accept it say skrew u lol and keep liking him..if u really do.

Old 08-22-2003, 03:22 AM   #9

charris321 HB User
I think it does not matter what colour your skin is so if you really you should talk to your parents about it and tell them it is what you want.

Closed Thread