It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2003, 08:06 PM   #1

tinyferlife HB User
Unhappy do i act my age or should i change?

I am a fourteen year old girl and i have this friend lets call her K and she has this new friend lets call her G. K moved to my town a year ago my friends her and i all got along really well then we got in this fight because if k's attitude. She made new friends and we made up so she got more friends... and my friends and i were ok with that. Then this summer she hung out with G more often and G is really self centered. Now G is shapeing K's personality and they say my friends and i act like we are 1st graders. Is it ok to like disney movies, act dumb around friends, and be a kid, its not like we dont kiss boys, have boyfriends, and do all that kind of stuff. They say that we are not mature and thats why we dont hang out any more...in a IM conversation she said (no...haha, nuttin has changed, i guess sumtimes I mean, I love ya babe but I wanna be around people who act their age) gimme a break just cause we like fun...i mean its not like were not mature because we dont like to show off thongs and have sex and stuff...who cares...should we "grow up"?

Old 08-21-2003, 08:24 PM   #2
Inactive

Kizzzee HB User
hey, dont change if its urself and u like the way u are, thats how i am too lol and showing off thongs and sex is what u call IMMITURE but living ur life isnt immiture so forget about them they arent real friends if their trying to change who u are! good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2003, 11:52 PM   #3

chickadee99 HB User
I agree with AngelKizz. If they don't like who you for who you are, that's too bad for THEM. There's nothing wrong with liking Disney movies! lol You are only a kid once; don't try to grow up too fast! Be YOU and not what someone else wants you to be.

Old 08-22-2003, 02:11 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

Redhead23 HB User
Exactly - act whatever age you feel like, I'm not saying it's wrong to be into boys/clothes etc. when you're 14 if that's what they really like but most kids just grow up way too fast and miss out on a heck of alot of FUN because they are pressurised into acting like they're 20 or something! You're only young once, don't let anybody force you to abandon what you like for the sake of "fitting in" with some stuck-up cows!

PS: I'm 25 and my bf is 30 and we still watch cartoons sometimes and occasionally play with toys like lego, computer games and robots - life is too short to act serious and "grown up" all the time!

Inhibited Perfectionist

Old 08-22-2003, 06:04 AM   #5
(female)

liljo HB User
hi, b urself , if u wanna see a disney movie see a disney movie , if u dont, its there problem not yours be tru 2 ur self, i am 17 + i tok my lil bor 2 c rugrats movie + my lil sis 2 c piglet movie otha day b coz i wanted to,

its your life gotta do things ur way

luvz lil jo xx

Closed Thread