It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2003, 08:22 PM   #1

dark4112 HB User
Post can someone give me tips on dancing?

*i posted this in sexual health for teens board on accident. sorry! and also someone posted that i couldnt get an answer for every problem i have in life on here... i know that, but cant i just get some guidelines or something? thanks.*

hey all, quick question. ive always had a problem dancing.. im unsure of what to do? prolly sounds stupid. i know how to move my lower body but what do i do with my arms and hands? any tips? ty!

Old 08-24-2003, 12:50 AM   #2

dark4112 HB User
ahh im sorry to be so demanding but i really need to know about this. homecoming is coming up in school in a month and i need help! thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2003, 07:01 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

james 4567 HB User
I would definatly help, but for me to give you advice would be like a lion teaching a chicken to lay an egg...when the time comes, you'll know what to do(really bad advice, sorry heheh)

Old 08-24-2003, 01:19 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User
Smile

Hey! There's NO wrong way to dance. You may feel like you are doing it "wrong" but thats not possible- all dancing is is an expression of yourself through body movement. If you really want to learn how to dance then take a few hip hop classes- they will help you get the general feel of it. Just don't sweat it. I was always afraid to dance until 7th grade, then one day me and my friend just went out there on the dance floor and had fun! Turns out I'm not half bad. It may be the same for you! Just do what feels comfortable for you.

Old 08-24-2003, 06:59 PM   #5

CamaroGuy HB User
Since it's a high school dance, most likely you'll be "freak" dancing. Which is my favorite type of dancing to do, by the way. It's also the easiest to do. The girl's in front of you whether she's facing you or not. So just put your arms around her, pull her as close to you as you possibly can, & move with her. Just don't let your hands wander. If she wants you to say, put your hands on her butt, she'll take care of that. It's pretty non-gentleman like to do that on your own.

Sorry if that's a little graphic, but honestly that's probably what you'll be doing... I just thought it'd help.

-Patrick

"If I could as well enclose my thoughts in verses as I enclose them
in my heart..." -Petrarch

Old 08-24-2003, 10:26 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
Just move, and if you don't know what to do, follow what other people are doing. You look better if you make an effort then if you don't, so go for it.

Closed Thread