It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2003, 08:15 PM   #1

hoops11789 HB User
Talking I need to get this guy to like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi! ok i am in love with a guy from camp. like i need him!!!! lol. but here's the deal, i am <deleted> years old an i have never had a boyfriend. i have lots of friends but i can be so shy sometimes. can i please have some advice on how to get a guy!!??? and please dont give me cheesy advice like, "o just be urself, and its his loss if he doesn't like u." PLEASE NO!! i need some QUALITY advice that tells me exactly what to do! omg please i need help. i have an empty hole in my heart and i need a guy. i always cry everytime i like a guy and he doesn't like me. i love all of u and thnx for listening! PLEASE REPLY I NEED U ALL LOVE U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by hoops11789 (edited 07-26-2003).]

[This message has been edited by hoops11789 (edited 07-26-2003).]

[This message has been edited by hoops11789 (edited 07-27-2003).]

[This message has been edited by tntmod5 (edited 07-30-2003).]

Old 07-26-2003, 08:55 PM   #2

Lifeguard HB User
Cool

hey, I am 18 and have a hard time talking to girls, so let him know you like him(all of my girlfriends game me hints in the beginning), guys don't always have make the first move.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2003, 11:00 PM   #3

hoops11789 HB User
Unhappy

thnx for writing so much! thats really kind of u. by the way my name is Carole too!!!!!! anyway, i didn't lose my dad or my brother (knock on wood) thank God, but i want attention from guys so bad. i can't stand the fact that guys don't like me. guys that have liked me are just soooo....ugh not my type. ughhh i mean i cry a lot cause of it. so many people i know get guys and they are gorgeous. i mean this issue has made me so self concious and my friends can tell. they tell me that they think i care about being popular too much. and i know they are right. i can't help it, ive gotten my heart broken since i was little. i like a guy in elementary school like for 5 years and he didn't like me. i was absolutely HEART BROKEN. just torn apart. i guess ive stayed that way. but thank u so much carol for writing so much, u seem like a very sweet lady. and btw its a basketball camp and we talked and laughed and he was really sweet and he would like tap my opposite shoulder and i would look the other way and he would really be on the other side HAHA! omg! i always screw up with guys. but they make me feel so special when they flirt with me. ooooooo tear tear.

Old 07-27-2003, 08:46 AM   #4

hoops11789 HB User
Exclamation

im going to high school next year!!! thats y its all so important. every1 i know has bf. its nots necessarily about this one guy, just in general. i need to know what im doing wrong and stuff. but he wouldn't really do the same to other girls, but then again there were two girls he would talk to a lot and stuff. i just can't ever imagine a guy that i like liking me back. stuff like that doesn't wrokout for me.........

Old 07-27-2003, 09:42 AM   #5

Miranda2626 HB User
Smile

Okay Im gunna try and help you from my past. Okay guys hate it when girls dont have much confidence and always put themselves down. The first thing you need to do is just have confidence. It might take you awhile. I never had confidence and no guys really liked me for that..from 6th grade to 9th I have finally built up my confidence. This has helped me with lots of things not just guys. 1 in school 2 guys like me better 3 modeling. It has helped me talk to guys easy too. I dont know if im giving you cheesie advice or anything but this will seriously help you!!
Confidence Is The KEY!!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-27-2003, 04:23 PM   #6

hoops11789 HB User
Unhappy

thnx miranda!!! i just dont know what i should do in order to show i have confidence.......

Old 07-27-2003, 06:19 PM   #7

hoops11789 HB User
Lightbulb

HELP!

Old 07-27-2003, 08:07 PM   #8

*^*steph*^* HB User
hey...

the best tip i can say is...be urself..(i know u didn't want to hear that...lol but it is the truth..
and another thing that works is playin hard to get...

don't give him the cold shoulder or anything but don't go outta ur wayt o tlak to him or to say hi...let him come to u...

don't plan ur schedule around him...lol
u know wha ti mean

it does work alot of the time!

hey and u should try the "bend and snap" lol
(legally blonde)
u heard what she said...

hope that helped

KeeP SMiLiN'

Old 07-27-2003, 08:18 PM   #9

hoops11789 HB User
hahaha i think the bend and snap is my best bet lol thnx a bunch!!! i just dont know if i can play hard to get...it seems like if i dont talk to them, they are talkin to other girls or whoever. ughhh help the confused!

Old 07-28-2003, 12:29 AM   #10

nik86 HB User
Miranda2626
How do you gain confidence?

--Nikki

Old 07-28-2003, 12:35 AM   #11

nik86 HB User
Oh, It's like playing make believe by being yourself! I think!

Old 07-28-2003, 05:15 AM   #12

hoops11789 HB User
Exclamation

omg no! they aren't doing that in school!!! i just like guys! lol but thnx for looking out for me.

Old 07-28-2003, 06:30 AM   #13
Inactive

Sundance_Dawn HB User
To get a guy's attention, you have to be yourself and find something "innocent" to talk about (to get into conversation with him), say your local sports team or a film or something like that. Don't put on a show because otherwise he'll be disappointed because he fell for the "fake" you, and most of all don't obsess over him, just take it cool because the more relaxed you are, the easier it will be to talk to him and start hanging out with him

All in all though you can't, unfortunately, *make* someone like you I'm afraid. Who we are and aren't attracted to is not something we can consciously influence or decide. That doesn't mean we can't grow to like/fancy someone or take a little longer to realise how we feel about someone (i.e. there's more to attraction than love at first sight) but ultimately if he doesn't fancy you he doesn't fancy you, you can't force him or make him fall in love with you

[This message has been edited by moderator1 (edited 07-30-2003).]

Old 07-28-2003, 01:07 PM   #14

joshsmith_99 HB User
hoops, girl, its all about first impressions,, im a guy and believe me,thefirst impression realy counts... even if you dress up real nice the first time you interact with him, u got him hooked..
ofcourse your personality takes a big big part in it,and you both must share interests....if u want my opinion though i can help you out... 1.. guys love ponytails,,i for one love them,(if u can get abit of hair to hang down in the fron on eighterside, that would be awsome 2,, and i know your not gonna like this part, but even for me as i guy, i have grown to realise this,,ur gonna need to interact in some way.. thats what i try to do... one of my personal favorites to get him(her) to notice you is if you see him walking toward you in a distance,,pretend to be distracted by some memo or paper that you are reading in your hands, then without looking directly up at him, almost bumb in to him when ur close together(or u can bump sholders intentionally if u want, but not hard, cause that can make afirst impression go wrong...i did that and broke a girls arm after she fell...but when u bump into him, immidietly ask if hes ok,,look him in the eyes when your doing it, and touch him on the arm with your figers...i dont mean "brush him slowly or caress him" or anything just a light little tap.. thats what i do,, and it totally works,,,,
good luck

Old 07-28-2003, 06:07 PM   #15

Miranda2626 HB User
Thumbs up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Miranda2626
How do you gain confidence?
--Nikki"

Well the first thing you need to do is not put yourself down. And certainly dont put other down..it will just make you feel worst.
When a friend or guy gives you a compliment dont say "yeah right or whatever" tell them "thank you"
I dont know if your problem is you are shy? or are you just down on yerself or both or what..if you are asking for yerself?..lemme know and i will try and help you more or as much as I can!

Closed Thread