It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2003, 09:40 PM   #1

Mybabyboo876 HB User
Question Leave him?

OK well theres this guy I have been bfs with for about a year now.Like a 2months ago we became more.Hes into drugs and drinking.My parents dont like him @ all because of this.(well mainly my dad)What shoul I do ?Sjould I stop seeing him or continue with our relationship?Just wanna know what other people think about it!

Old 06-08-2003, 11:55 PM   #2
Inactive

netviper13 HB User
You shouldn't do anything just because your parents want you to. The real question should be, do you want to leave him? If you're ok with his drinking and drug use, then that should be all that matters.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2003, 01:54 PM   #3
Inactive

Eeyore II HB User
well actually thats not true becouse think of it this way. you think you might be pg. you have already stated that so i dont know what your intentions are if you find out you are indeed pg. but a young boy who is drinking and doing drugs do you think that will be a good influence on your child?

Im not trying to be judgemental and I know you have got info from others about the whole pg thing but just think if you want your baby (if having one) to be around that kind of a person.

I would talk with him and tell him exactly how you feel. and tell him that he needs to stop.
and please if you are drinking or worse please at least make sure your NOT pg. first. You wouldnt believe the harm it can do to an unborn baby.

Old 06-09-2003, 02:44 PM   #4

Mybabyboo876 HB User
Hey thanks for the advice.I explained to him that if I am pregnant I want him to stop all his bad habits but he told me that if I am pregnant he wants be to get an abortion or give it up for adoption.He said hes not ready for a kid he is very scared,I know and understand that but I am too.I dont know what I am going to do if I am pregnant but I highly doubt I am so Im going to try not to worry about it too much.

Old 06-09-2003, 05:16 PM   #5

XcapeMyPain HB User
hey sorry to but in with a rude comment but I had a friend in the same position as you and she ended up regretting her decision. Her b/f wanted he to get an abortion or give it up and she ended up gettin an abortion.
I say, if he was man enough to whip it out and risk the chance of you getting pregnant then he should be man enough to take care of his child and quit all the drug and drinkin bs....
Once again sorry sweetie but that is how I see it...I didn't mean to be rude towards you at all!
Good luck with whatever happens = )

Old 06-09-2003, 05:20 PM   #6

XcapeMyPain HB User
hey, I don't mean to sound mean towards you cause I'm not at all... but my opinion on the pg and abortion situation is
If he is man enough to whip it out and do it knowing there is always a chance of gettin you pregnant then he should be man enough to take care of his child that HE created with you and quit all the drug bs...
Once again sorry for seeming rude....
Good luck in whatever you decide to do if ur pg = )

Old 06-09-2003, 05:21 PM   #7

XcapeMyPain HB User
hey, I don't mean to sound mean towards you cause I'm not at all... but my opinion on the pg and abortion situation is
If he is man enough to whip it out and do it knowing there is always a chance of gettin you pregnant then he should be man enough to take care of his child that HE created with you and quit all the drug bs...
Once again sorry for seeming rude....
Good luck in whatever you decide to do if ur pg = )

Old 06-10-2003, 12:06 PM   #8

Mybabyboo876 HB User
Hey xcapemypain no i dont think you being rude at all i acutally couldnt agree with you more

Old 06-10-2003, 02:32 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User
Legally, I believe, if you are pregnant and decide to keep the baby, you can sue him for child support. You may even have to sue his parents, if he is a minor, to cover you until he is of age. You can't force him to love you or the baby, but you can force him to pay his share of the costs of raising the kid to adulthood.

If he really loves you, he will accept your decision. Understand his wish that you get an abortion - he obviously is not ready to be a Dad and face up to his responsibilities - but the decision, if you are pregnant, is yours to make.

Regardless, you have to ask yourself is this they type of man you want in your life? Will a man who drinks and does drug be able to give you the kind of life you deserve? Will he make a good father, either now or in later years?

Old 08-25-2003, 03:14 PM   #10

lilcutie HB User
what this guys name because i had a friend he a guy and im a girl of course but he moved up to florida and he's into drug and i was just wondering if he was the same guy

Closed Thread