It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2003, 10:09 AM   #1

sweethang3 HB User
Question I need more advice bout my belly -button piercing....please

Okay, so a couple days ago I wrote and was asking if anybody knew how to pierce a belly button-or if they had any tips on how to do it...and all the responses said i should get it done professionaly, which is what i would choose over doing it myself...but here is the big problem: i am under age and so i would need a guardian signature but my mom said she wouldn't sign for me--so i asked my sister who is 18 if she would sign for me, and she said she would, but the piercers said it had to be my guardian (like over the age of 21)---my sister's boyfriend is 21, so do u think they would let him sign for me, even if he is not realated to me???? or does anybody know of a place where u can have an 18 year old sign for u???
thanx a bunch!!

Old 05-24-2003, 12:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
No any decent place isnt going to just let anyone sign for you to get pierced simply because they can get sued by your parents for doing it if they just let anyone sign for you. They will ask him to prove he is your guardian. Also if your mom finds out,and trust me she will if you do manage to get it pierced she will not be happy with your sister's bf. You really dont want to make problems for your sister and her bf now do you?
Your best bet is to just wait until you are old enough to get it done right. I know that sucks but that is the way it goes sometimes.
You can try sitting and talking with your mom and ask her for her reasons for not letting you get it done. And then you can give your views on why you want it done. Also you can try working out a deal with her. Such as doing house hold chores and good behavior in exchange for her letting you get it done. But remeber as you do talk to her keep it calm and relaxed without either of you getting upset with each other. That wont help you get what you want. If she still wont go for it then just wait until you are old enough and then get it done.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2003, 04:16 AM   #3

deliciousmess HB User
Well I live in Australia, and the legalities are different over here, so I can't really give you advice about that. If it were me, I'd go get other piercings on my ears and stuff to keep me from getting bored until I was old enough to get my belly button pierced. I love getting stuff pierced

Old 05-25-2003, 09:08 PM   #4

blondy15 HB User
my fried did it herself and it was fine! just do it!

Old 05-25-2003, 10:26 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

toaskornottoask HB User
I am going to have to disagree with you Blondy. Your firend may have been fine, but many people are not. So many things can go wrong if you do it yourself, no matter how small, and getting infected can get very dangerous to your health. Get a good professional to do it.

Old 05-26-2003, 08:18 PM   #6

flychick HB User
i got my belly button pierce 4 about 4 months. the place where i went 2 get my piercing require u 2 b 16.some placesask u 2 b 18. but 21?that 2 much.please dont do it urself.ur not a pro.

Old 06-05-2003, 12:12 PM   #7

Foxxy Cleopatra HB User
Question

hi, hopefully some1 can help me! For like 4 years ive wanted to get my belly button pierced, ive tried everything to convince my mum.but still i get a "no" plz!!!!!can someone tell me how they conviced their parents!im 15 from England and the legal age here is 14 to get it done,but she still doesnt listen,any ideas??????And how can you stop it fron getting infected?
thanx for any help Alesha x

Old 06-08-2003, 09:18 PM   #8

Mybabyboo876 HB User
I pierced my own belly button about 5 months ago its fine now.I know alot of people are saying no to but im perfectly fine.Its a risk.Take the risk if your ready for the worst.Its not life decision.I mean if it gets infected it will heal and you can just go get it done professionally.No biggie.

Old 06-09-2003, 08:59 AM   #9

navylover HB User
ok, i had my belly button pierced not last spring break but the year before in panama city, florida. i went with my cousin and she signed for me at a place on the strip. i told them that i lived with her. she was also 25. we had to get a notorization and all but i got it done. i also tried to pierce it myself and i have a scar. don't do it, if you do it in the wrong place, it could impair your ability to have kids. i have a scar from where i did it and they had to pierce it a little high because of the scar. how old are you anyways? there's places all around where i live. in dothan, alabama, there's a REALLY good place called screamers, but i don't know about anywhere up north. just wait it out. or have a long talk with your mom. try this: do you have a job? if so, tell her you'll give her gas money AND pay for it to be done. if not, start saving a bunch of money and then tell her. talk to her now. ask her will she at least consider it if you can manage to pay for it? Tell her it's something that you really want. ask her did she ever consider it when she was younger. ask her to get it done with you. my friend did that and come to find out she talked her MOM into getting a piercing. lol. well, good luck and let us know how it goes
ashley

Old 07-13-2003, 08:07 PM   #10

Cola89 HB User
Red face

hey listen im in the same situation.. i really would likt to get it done... i am 14 and i have been askin for almost 3 1/2 years.. everything i have tryed dosen't seem to work.. and i have recently found a website that a gurl was goin through the same thing with her tounge and i think that might work.. even though i dont even wanna go there nothing against that .. but i personaly wouldn't want to get it done. i mean i dont want to gte a tatoo and i dont want to get like those really really perverted piercings like some people are getting now a days... but i need help as well ..

------------------
Nicole Higgins

Old 08-13-2003, 05:32 PM   #11
Inactive

ash5071 HB User
Question

ok ... i just got my belly button pierced like a week ago. It's obviously infected already and idk what to do! so many people are telling me different things to do. i work for a vet so we have special anti-bacterial things that my boss (who has had her bb pierced for 6 years) gave me instead of soap. but she said NOT to do the salt soaks (which i have no idea how to do) and other people tell me that i should!! so will someone PLEASE tell me exactly what i need to do step by step (like a daily routine or sth) THANKS!!

Old 08-13-2003, 06:09 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

The best advice is to go back to the place thatyou got it done at and talk to them. They should have gone over the care with you when it was first done. They wont have a problem helping you now either. So go back and talk to them. Ask if they have a an instruction card you can have or take a pen and paper with you adn write every thing down.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 08-13-2003, 07:41 PM   #13
Inactive

ash5071 HB User
Exclamation

hehe ... see my problem there is... i got it done in my friends fiance's back yard. ... he has all the piercing stuff and so he cleaned it and just did it. ... so i don't have that option... any other ideas ANYONE?? http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif i'm dyin here! hehehe

Old 08-15-2003, 07:06 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

That is extremely dangerous thing that you did. You best bet is to find a place that deal withs piercings and go talk to them. They will probably inform you of all the dangers you exposed yourself to but they might be able to help you out. If nto that then go see your doctor and explain waht is going on he/she should be able to help you.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 08-17-2003, 10:41 PM   #15
Inactive

ash5071 HB User
Smile

Thanks! I went to a piercing place today ... one that many of my friends recommended... and they were incredibly helpful and told m just what to do and gave me the right cleaning stuff! so thanks a ton!

Closed Thread