It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2003, 07:22 PM   #1

soccrgurl12 HB User
Angry Stupid Jerk

ok, i wrote another post on this one time. theres this guy(joseph) and he's giving me the 'silent treatment'. even when we're w/a group of friends, he still wont talk to me. i know he'll eventually have to...but for now i just see him as being immature. and i HAVE tried to talk to him. and i've talked to his friends too. they're no help. so is there any advice out there?

Old 08-24-2003, 07:25 PM   #2

CamaroGuy HB User
Just don't ever say anything negative about him, to his face or behind his back, & be nice when you see him. If you stay positive, how can he stay mad at you? Just wait it out, i guess.

-Patrick

[This message has been edited by CamaroGuy (edited 08-24-2003).]

"If I could as well enclose my thoughts in verses as I enclose them
in my heart..." -Petrarch

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2003, 09:02 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

james 4567 HB User
Hey Camaro

uhm, just a guess--the guys probably got some really ebmarrasing secret that you know, but nobody else does, and he's afraid if you two talk alot, it'll come up..or maybe u know somthing or he thinks you do, that can be a threat to his popularity, or something like that...could be the reason he's avoiding you, so otherwise if you really like him, just wait it out, but i'd say f' it, and stop trying to be his friend, eventually he'll get the message and if he likes u, he'll come to u, instead of you getting all depressed about it.

Old 08-24-2003, 10:22 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
Tell him how you feel and ask him what's up, he's probablly just being immature but you need to get to the bottom of it.

Old 08-25-2003, 01:31 PM   #5

Foxxy Cleopatra HB User
no dnt be nice!tell him to grow up and stop bein a baby and hit puberty!then he will tlk to you-coz he'll say sumfin back,guarantee.and he will realise how silly hes bein at the same time.then work things out from there.

Old 08-25-2003, 04:59 PM   #6

CamaroGuy HB User
I don't think ever in the history of the entire planet has someone realized how stupid they've been by being insulted. Sorry, i just don't see it happening. Be nice to him. Even if he decides to be immature & stay a jerk, maybe his friends will see you being the bigger person. At the very least you'll get people thinking more of you.

-Patrick

------------------
"Stay positive and love your life..." -Nick Hexum, 311

"If I could as well enclose my thoughts in verses as I enclose them
in my heart..." -Petrarch

Old 08-25-2003, 06:26 PM   #7

Hot Ice HB User
It's kind of amusing when people say "grow up." As if everything would be solved if they just "grow up."

Just because one person has a difference of opinion with another doesn't necessarily mean one of them needs to "grow up."

Why don't you just let it sit. Wait and let the "anger" or whatever it is subside. Then, try again talking (if you're patient, but this kind of thing always nag you in the head)

Or if you're desperate and dying to know what's going on. CORNER HIM. (easier said than done, eh?)

Old 08-25-2003, 06:29 PM   #8

soccrgurl12 HB User
Thank you guys SOO much! This advice has helped out a lot and given me stuff to think about. I really think that he needs to grow up cuz...well, we're in the 9th grade and thats like kindergarden stuff to give the silent treatment. Thanx again!

Old 08-25-2003, 09:36 PM   #9

Hot Ice HB User
This supposedly best friend of mine gave me a silent treatment. It lasted about a week. I asked him why. He said it was better that way. I asked how. He said so that we wouldn't have things to fight/argue about?

B.S. He didn't want to talk to me because he didn't want another fight. I had a newsflash for him. In every relationship, fighting is an important ingredient in order for it to go strong and last.

Once you're over fighting, you'd realize that this is only a bump in the road. And if you stick together, neither of you would fall.

We're friends again.

Closed Thread