It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2003, 10:29 AM   #1

snoboarder2344 HB User
Post Highschool

Hey everyone, I'm going to be a freshman at my highschool. And i was wondering if anyone has any tips about the whole situation. Like friends, homewrok, upper classmen, blah blah blah. Thanks
Matt

Old 08-26-2003, 01:04 PM   #2

CamaroGuy HB User
Academically, just make sure you have good study habits. They'll help alot in college.

Socially, just make some good friends. Whatever you do, don't fall into the stereotypical "he said/she said" crowd. There's one at every school. Just avoid them, & make good friends. And remember, 2 good friends are better than 25 aquantances. Quality, not quantity. Get what i mean?

-Patrick

------------------
"Stay positive and love your life..." -Nick Hexum, 311

"If I could as well enclose my thoughts in verses as I enclose them
in my heart..." -Petrarch

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2003, 01:04 PM   #3

just_missing_u HB User
Smile

Hey well its the same as Middle School it just means a lil more cuz like yer grades matter a lil more.. but were i live the older kids hate us freshman to death.. cuz all the girls are prettier than them and all the guyz are better at sports then them it's actually pretty funny.....but i bet we are gunna get some attitude ajustments this year ha ha lol good luck

Old 08-26-2003, 01:08 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

KarlT HB User
what is a freshman sorry im from the uk

Old 08-26-2003, 01:14 PM   #5

CamaroGuy HB User
A freshman is someone in their first year of high school (9th grade). Or it's someone with less than 30 credit hours in college, but that's not what he's talking about.

-Patrick

------------------
"Stay positive and love your life..." -Nick Hexum, 311

[This message has been edited by CamaroGuy (edited 08-26-2003).]

"If I could as well enclose my thoughts in verses as I enclose them
in my heart..." -Petrarch

Old 08-26-2003, 02:31 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

james 4567 HB User
OKAY, LISTEN AND LISTEN WELL

DO YOUR WORK, GET THE BEST GRADES YOU CAN GET

I diddn't, and I regret it, im going into 10th grade(i hope, ill find out september 5th) and I dont even know because i was too busy with girls n friends n such. and the truth is, homework is to blame. DO your homework, pretend to go to bed, wake up once ur parents leave and do it, or do it in school or whenever, becasue everything counts, im on the verge of getting left back because of ONE HOMEWORK. I got a 64 in a class, and that made me fail, and a homework is 1-2% of your report card grade. im warning you, do not f' around with your work, you can maintain friendships at the same time, but as i've heard and diddn't listen, youve got the rest of your life ahead of you so bite the bullet in school and the rest will be better...Listen to me, dont do what i've done!

Old 08-26-2003, 06:53 PM   #7
Inactive

danocasa HB User
freshman homie-
the grades are important, but realize that freshman year academics arent that hard. compared to say, junior year, its a walk in a park on a jet powered unicycle. if you want to be "popular" (realize the quotes) join a club or play a sport, that is the most important, if you play a sport you will be the man. its very stereotypical, but it is true. especially if its a sport w/ a cut like basketball or baseball becasue you will be part of the most prestigious club in the school. if not, just be part of track or football, where there is no cut and all you have to do is show up. just play a sport if you dont you will fall off the face of the earth. if sports dont work, join clubs like yearbook or the newspaper. something that will get you seen by the rest of the school, and be funny, nothing is more attractive to girls or guys (thats attractive in a non-sexual way for the guys) as a kid whose funny. but not smartass funny, like witty intelligent funny. and dont get offended if someone makes fun of you, it will make you a bigger person. as for upperclassman, im a seinor and nothing pisses me off more than a cocky underclassman, show me some respect. you dont have to be scared of me. im not gonna beat you up. just respect me and i will respect you. do not act hard you will be beaten up. if you do encounter a upperclassman that does beat up underclassman than he is a loser and has self-esteem problems and you can freely make fun of him behind his back, no one will care.(thats a joke) be nice to girls, talk to and become friends w/ your teachers, it will be a geat help in the future if you are friends w/ the teachers and staff. realize that girls lie a lot more than you probably think they do. and that you will probably not marry anyone of your highschool girlfriends. dont be lazy. college is important. driving kicks *** so dont procrastinate, but realize that your car runs on gas and not friendship. they are a WHOLE HELL OF A LOT of fake people in high school, and most of them are in the "popular" crowd. so beware. the most important thing to remember in high school beside your grades is this:
a friend will help you kill someone, a true friend will help you hide the body.
hope that helps post again if you need any more advice.
Peace.

Old 08-26-2003, 10:23 PM   #8

snoboarder2344 HB User
hey thanks everyone especially danocasa
later- matt

Old 08-27-2003, 08:21 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

Jeffrey449 HB User
Oh man, freshmen year was fun for me. I loved it. To make friends much easier or just to get more friends and be known by more people, you should join a sport. Any sport will help you meet people. Co-ed sports are much fun, like Track and Field and Swimming (Get to meet girls). Dont be intimidated by upper classmen, about half of mine could drive and do a lot of more things for me, it helps a lot in the long run to have upper class friends, the only part that sucks is when they leave, casue you cant see them as much. Well, good luck in High School, i hope you enjoy it.

Closed Thread