It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2003, 02:18 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

james 4567 HB User
Post VIRGINITY vs RELIGION

this is a pretty stupid question, but why is virginity considered sacred to women these days, is religion to blame? im a guy so i dont know much about it, but i dont see it as a life altering thing when lost, why is it such a big deal now?

Old 08-26-2003, 02:31 PM   #2
Inactive

DanaJ HB User
People, men AND women, have a many reasons for savign their virginity. It's not solely religion. For some it is, for others it's just the fact that anymore you ened to be careful about who you have sex with etc.

Believe it or not, there are many smart and admirable reasons for waiting. Not everyone just goes out and attempts to **** whatever moves, b/c they're horny.

The list of options for those who choose to wait is too myraid to even attempt to dissect.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2003, 02:35 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

james 4567 HB User
heh, im sorry but your vocabulary far exceeds my intelegence i guess im just ignorant on the 'options' virginity leaves you with, i mean..other than 'i lost mine to a black man, a white man, a japanese man' etc, i dont really see where its going to leave ya...

Old 08-26-2003, 02:56 PM   #4
Inactive

DanaJ HB User
I think it also has a lot to do with respect for oneself.

I'm sure more replies will start to filter in here, so maybe you can get some first hand accounts from those who choose to wait, or those who also have insight and understanding when it comes to that perspective.

Old 08-26-2003, 06:34 PM   #5

Hot Ice HB User
Quote:
why is virginity considered sacred to women these days, is religion to blame?
Hahaha, I thought it's sacred to both women AND MEN.

What was that commandment. Oh yeah. "Do not commit adultery."

But religion is not the only reason why you don't copulate before marriage.

Old 08-26-2003, 07:01 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

upshutter17 HB User
Yo yo, I had to reply, lol. I am 18 and I choose to wait. It is because of religion. It's also because to me, that would be a reward to my husband, who chose to wait for me. Itill be given to a man worth my time, energy, and love....and that will be my husband, whoever he is.
Upshutter

------------------
~I am but one small instrument~
~Smile, you live longer~
Paradigm shift to proactivity saves lives.
A smile will save this world, some of us just don't know that yet.

Old 08-27-2003, 01:02 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

Redhead23 HB User
I'm not in the least religious but I never slept with anyone that I didn't have feelings for, and now at the age of 25 I have slept with 5 guys altogether - two of those were not what you could consider a "long-term relationship", although at the time I was hoping/believed it was (they turned out to be idiots - I was a tad naive back then, maybe I still am). So I only ever slept with guys I had feelings for and thought they had feelings for me (even if those feelings were sometimes misguided), so while I enjoy sex most of the time (in a long-term relationship you don't ALWAYS feel like it) I never slept with someone just for the thrill or the arousal.

Whether that was respect for myself (not being slutty and sleeping with every guy who asks you out) I don't know, yet I still made mistakes and slept with 2 guys who ended up turning out to be idiots (and no I don't just say that because I ended up splitting up with them!), both of these were in my teens, the first 2 guys I slept with. With hindsight I wish I had not slept with those two, so I wish I had been a bit more cautious.

I don't regret it "per se" though, but from my own experience I have learned that as a teen, no matter how much you think you're in love with someone, it pays to wait before you sleep with someone.

Sex isn't everything and if you get bored of someone so easily that all you have left to do is sleep with them for thrills because you're bored of talking to them then maybe you're better off splitting up.

And to Hot Ice - adultery has nothing to do with virginity, it has to do with being married and sleeping with someone other than your spouse.

[This message has been edited by Redhead23 (edited 08-27-2003).]

Inhibited Perfectionist

Old 08-27-2003, 01:23 PM   #8

lostwou14 HB User
Talking

technally, redhead, adultry has nothing to do with virginity to some people, but if you're religious, it definitely does. it's like cheating on your future husband.

i personally have chosen to wait because first of all, why risk getting an STD?? it's not worth it. second of all, sex is one of god's gift to married couples, and i want to be completely pure when i get married. it's like your body is your gift to ur husband.

i think its retarted to sleep with tons of different people, why do it? for fun? thats dumb.

Closed Thread