It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2003, 02:48 PM   #1

computerwiz068 HB User
Post Who to like

Why is it that some girls judge on apperence even b4 the guy speeks? It happens to me a lot. Like girls don't like me b/c i'm overwieght, but not obese. And if I started liking them most girls would just hate me and stay away from me. What can I do? Loose weight?

------------------

Old 08-19-2003, 02:54 PM   #2

bathory88 HB User
well, most relationships work as an eqaulity. So find someone with similar apperance attributes as you. If overweight, find a slightly overweight gf. You would be equals. Now if you think a overweight gf is ugly, then your going to have to change yourself. This is just my opinion, that people on similar levels are more likely to work.

[This message has been edited by bathory88 (edited 08-19-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2003, 05:17 PM   #3

disc0sheep HB User
A relationship starts with attraction. As the person above stated, mingle with some girls with the same build. Since they are overweight as you are, they're less likely to be intimidated and may open up to you. But that doesn't mean you should stop there. There are girls who can see past whats on the outside and appreciate you for who you are within. Good luck on your search for a girl! I hope I was some help to you.

Old 08-21-2003, 11:48 AM   #4
Inactive

bojanglydave14 HB User
Dont pay any attention to the last two responces. There are girls out there that will except you who you are. Many girls overlook the appearance and judge based on personality. If your a charming nice guy there are plenty of girls that will be on your tail. Also, be confident! If theres a specific girl you really like, dont give up. Once you get to know her, i bet she'll come around. Hope this helps!

Dave

Old 08-21-2003, 02:45 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

james 4567 HB User
well, let me give you some advice. i used to be one of the slightly overweight computer-gaming kids. quit asap. lose the 'computerwiz' name, and when you talk to girls, dont bring any of that up. losing weight, works, but if your around my age, it'll stop your growth from wight training and its easier said than done. truthfully, you cant only look towards really hot girls if your not so hot yourself, which is where I agree with the girls. from my experiance, its not even about looks its about how you talk, so just be cool

GIRLS in high school are looking for bad boys. not computer boys, and in the end, computers / games will get you nowhere. the girls that dont want the badboys, are not dating yet!!

i just realized you never stated your age, but im hoping this problem is highschool related. anyway...i typed out all that thinking you were in high school, if your not, than ignore what i said, and just honestly, meet more people.

Old 08-22-2003, 12:04 AM   #6

chickadee99 HB User
I have to disagree a little with the last response. If you like computers, don't just stop what you like to do. (Look where Bill Gates is at!) And people seem to think that all girls like bad boys, but I wouldn't want to date someone who was a "bad boy". But it is true that, even though I'm old enough to date, I'm not dating yet.

Old 08-22-2003, 11:51 AM   #7

computerwiz068 HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by chickadee99:
I have to disagree a little with the last response. If you like computers, don't just stop what you like to do. (Look where Bill Gates is at!) And people seem to think that all girls like bad boys, but I wouldn't want to date someone who was a "bad boy". But it is true that, even though I'm old enough to date, I'm not dating yet.
I am 14 years old and in 8th grade. Still should I get rid of the computerwiz name?

Old 08-22-2003, 03:14 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

james 4567 HB User
well not here, i mean..i dont mind, but i mean if your AOL or AIM s/n is like ComputerKid2003 or like DBZGAMEDRAGON89

i mean honestly, if you had a girlfriend, do you think she would like to team up with you to destroy zombie's in a FPS, or what..i mean, i play counterstrike, used to play war3, but..im not about say its a hobby of mine, because its not somthing to neccesarily be proud of..in the context of getting girls.

Old 08-22-2003, 11:01 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

james 4567 HB User
Hot Ice, me and you from a few posts i've read, have totally different opinions, not to badmouth you or anything..but this is a teen post, girls arent looking for rich guys, theyre looking for fun. THIS IS HIGHSCHOOL, in New York a movie is 10 bucks a person, if i was a girl, i would not let a guy treat me to a movie, and myself? as unromantic as it is, i'd be ****** if I had to treat her. Women our age arent looking for fancy dinners in paris..(i hope)..i think you've gotten the age a little mixed up

as for computers, keep at it, but gain other hobbies.

as i said before. Looks attract, personality holds.

computers do the opposite of attract, and if im wrong, why havent you been successfull yet?

Old 08-23-2003, 10:13 AM   #10
Inactive
(male)

james 4567 HB User
Sorry, I mis-read,

Old 08-23-2003, 10:27 AM   #11

CamaroGuy HB User
To take this in a totally different direction...

If you're just a bit overweight, but not obese, you could probably hit the weights & become buff as hell. That would probably get rid of your problem, plus you'd feel better.

Although you probably already knew that, eh? Oh well it's never too early to start working out.

-Patrick

"If I could as well enclose my thoughts in verses as I enclose them
in my heart..." -Petrarch

Old 08-23-2003, 10:36 AM   #12
Inactive
(male)

james 4567 HB User
MM i dont know how that will work for women. I was 170 at 5'8-5'9 and ive been doing cardio and weight training for a few months, 3-4 maybe and i havent lost any weight, but gained muscle, i dont think thats what she's interested in..big boned is even less attractive, because the 'assets' get pulled out wider, n appear smaller

Old 08-24-2003, 05:37 PM   #13

Erinoru HB User
Believe it or not there are such things as COMPUTER-CHICKS. *Sigh*

Old 08-24-2003, 07:57 PM   #14
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User
SolidBen, you have some issues, man. That is some crappy advice.

DO NOT CHANGE WHO YOU ARE, COMPUTERWHIZ. Solid, I don't know where you're at and what kind of girls YOU hang around, but guess what, that's not the way the majority of girls work. You, not being a girl I'm assuming, just need to SHHH if you're going to give advice like that.

Computerwhiz, we're still young. You don't need to find the love of your life any time soon. You will eventually find someone who likes you for you, and will be willing to overlook any flaws you have. Everyone has imperfections, you need to remember that. Some kids have acne, some are a little overweight, just remember that no one is perfect, and no one is ever going to be perfect. Girls are not as stereotypical evil and shallow as Ben makes them out to be.

Old 08-24-2003, 08:06 PM   #15

CamaroGuy HB User
EVERYONE has unique & positive traits to them, Whiz... never forget that. And never change, only improve. Think positive thoughts, my friend. It helps, i promise.

-Patrick

------------------
"Stay positive and love your life..." -Nick Hexum, 311

"If I could as well enclose my thoughts in verses as I enclose them
in my heart..." -Petrarch

Closed Thread