It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2003, 11:27 AM   #1

soccrgurl12 HB User
Thumbs down Lying Friend

I have this friend --lets say her name is...Amy-- and she lies A LOT! She's posted some stuff on this site, too and she just totally lied about it all. I know some of the stuff that she says is true, but I dont know when to believe her and when not to. Some of the stuff that she says is kinda extreme and I dont want other people to find out that she always lies and to get the wrong empression of her because she really is a sweet girl. She also sometimes talks about me behind my back...people have been telling me that she cant be trusted and that I should talk about it to her or something but I dont want to loose my friend and I dont want to hurt her feelings and get her mad @ me!! please help me!

Old 08-20-2003, 11:42 AM   #2

jessica123456 HB User
I'm sure you've probably heard this from other people, but it sounds like "Amy" isn't really much of a friend at all. Lying to you and talking behind your back is what we have enemies for. The best advice I can give you if you really want to keep her as a friend, is talk to her and tell her you don't like it when she lies, and if she doesn't stop you don't know if you can believe a word she ever says to you. My guess is if she is a good friend she might not even realize shes lying anymore, because it has become so natural. Let me know if this helped at all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2003, 07:16 PM   #3

soccrgurl12 HB User
I would talk to her about that stuff...except that she is having an EXTREMELY hard time w/her life right now and i KNOW that shes tellin the truth cuz a lot of it involvs stuff w/other ppl that i know. she probably will get better this year...i hope but if it doesnt, then I will talk to her. and i think the best thing would be to talk to her, and i should have done that a long time ago...but thanx 4 the advice!!

Old 08-27-2003, 10:01 PM   #4

losers HB User
Sit her down and have a serous talk with her. Tell her if she keeps lying you dont know how you can have a friendship with a liar. dotn be mean about it though.

Old 08-28-2003, 04:19 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

upshutter17 HB User
I agree...talk. Communication is something that friendship requires. Relationships require communication. Without it we would be lost. Good luck!
Upshutter

------------------
~I am but one small instrument~
~Smile, you live longer~
Paradigm shift to proactivity saves lives.
A smile will save this world, some of us just don't know that yet.

Closed Thread