It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2003, 08:34 AM   #1

Kylie1 HB User
Post Havent had a real crush since grade 1!!!

As i mentioned on the title of this post, I havent had a real crush since I was about 6 years old and I'm in my second last year of school now. I date and all and I'm attracted to guys but I never "like" them. In fact I really hate having a boyfriend I am only comfortable when its completeley casual. So my last casual "boyfriend" was going around with other girls and trying to crack on to my best friend all the time and I just didnt care. I mean my friend got kinda mad at him and is saying what a sleeze he is but i really didnt care what he did. In the end he didnt even bother to hide it because he knew I didnt care at all. And it's not one of those things where I just tell myself I dont care so I can get over him, I honestly didnt care.

Also, if any guys say they love me or do so much as buy me flowers or a gift I freak out and don't want to go near them again. I hate it when a guy does something special for me or spends money on me. I just hate all that affectionate stuff! Also I get sick of guys really easily. I just seem to move from one to another jennifer lopez style, forgetting to let the other one know it's completeley over.

It sounds stupid but I think I like getting treated like c**p. Is there something wrong with me or have I just not found the right guy for me? That's another thing, i am TERRIBLY picky about what guys I go with. It's abnormally picky. I think it's because i kinda look for a guy who looks good but doesnt really care about me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2003, 01:37 PM   #2

lostwou14 HB User
Smile

the only advice to give u is just wait it out! its normal for lots of ppl not to like anybody right now, it'll happen sometime! so if you're patient, maybe that time will come sooner than u thought

good luck

Old 08-27-2003, 08:22 PM   #3

Hot Ice HB User
Real crush at the age of six? I wouldn't call it "crush."

WOMEN! (i'm referring to you Kylie) I just don't get them. I cannot emphatize. I thought most women like being given flowers (my sister does)and being treated nice. Well, you've proven me otherwise!

How about lowering your standards! Are you afraid of commitment? Were you hurt really bad before when you gave your heart to someone or when you were dumped? Because sometimes, people try to build a shell around them to avoid being hurt again.

"He hurt me so bad, I don't want that feeling. I'm going to keep my guard up, so the next man won't be able to hurt me."

The problem with this is that one shuts up their door. Even their heart. They won't let anyone love them, as they think it would only lead to suffering like what happened before.

My guess is that your previous relationships didn't last long.

You see, YOU'RE NOT LETTING YOURSELF TO KNOW THEM DEEP INSIDE, or know you. You're not giving them a chance. Take some time.

Old 08-28-2003, 09:58 AM   #4

Kylie1 HB User
lol hot ice I know how terrible it must be for guys. They all assume we like that mushy stuff but about half of us arent in to it. It depends on the girl

Actually, I've never been dumped or hurt emotionally in a relationship. Im always the dumper. And no, none of my relationships have lasted long either. I really dont want my relationships to last long and I think I seem to look for excuses to not be with people. I dunno whats wrong with me. I'm a freak

Closed Thread