It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2003, 01:24 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User
Smile The troubles with jealousy...

Hey everyone, recently me and my boyfriend both started new schools. We aren't going to the same school this year, but we will be next year. We have been going out for a little over 5 months and I've figured something out that I wasn't exactly happy with... I'm really dependant on him. I mean, every night he calls me and I look forward to it so much because I love just talking to someone and venting. He's such a great guy but since we've started new schools we've both started to get really jealous. Any time either of us tells the other about talking to a member of the opposite sex it gets all weird and tense... the thing is I've heard stories from lots of people on 3 different occasions that he was cheating on me, but every time it turns out to be a misunderstanding. He hasn't heard anything about me, cheating on him or whatever. I hate being jealous and dependant! Does anyone know a way to, well I don't know, but, be "less jealous" somehow? I know it sounds crazy, but I would like to hear anything you have to say. Adios!

Old 08-24-2003, 08:00 PM   #2

CamaroGuy HB User
All I can tell ya is, stay positive. If you find yourself thinking something negative, say... your boyfriend is cheating on you... then try to start thinking something positive. Don't just start thinking "oh i'm sure he isn't really cheating on me...", go farther than that. Think something like "I know he really likes me & wants to see me ASAP." Honestly, thinking positive is a powerful force. It doesn't only pertain to jealousy, it can change your entire attitude. It's alot tougher to do than it sounds, though. Good luck.

-Patrick

------------------
"Stay positive and love your life..." -Nick Hexum, 311

"If I could as well enclose my thoughts in verses as I enclose them
in my heart..." -Petrarch

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2003, 07:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User
Thanks, Camaro. I know I shouldn't be jealous, seeing as how we are on a long-term engagement. It went pretty quicky, but we hang out every day. I'll see how it goes. We are going to college together next year.

Old 08-27-2003, 01:30 PM   #4

lostwou14 HB User
Smile

i have the same problem. the only time i didn't was with one boyfriend and i trusted him with my life.

anyways, you said you recently started going to different school, so you were at the same school at one time, right? well, how did he act when you were at the same schools? if you trusted him then, you should be able to trust him at least to some extent while you're at different schools.

i know it's harder to, since he's out of your sight, but nothing's gonna work out without trust. i know it's easier said then done, but slowly try to trust him more.

good luck!

Old 08-28-2003, 03:41 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User
Smile

Well ok we were going to the same school for a little bit while going out, but then that school was shut down and then we both started different high schools. But we are both finishing up high school this year and attending the same college next year. The thing is all these girls like him and he quote "doesn't want to hurt their feelings" so he basically leads them on. I guess I'm just as bad though. I don't know, I'm really confused as to what to do.

Old 08-29-2003, 09:00 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB User
Having trust and confidence in yourself that you are worthy of his love is a way to get rid of jealousy. If you are overly jealous, it will be a big turnoff and possibly cause trouble where none existed! Don't be jealous, be observant. You'll know when he's cheating.

Closed Thread