It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2003, 09:41 AM   #1

Charleybaby14 HB User
Question guys-date a dancer?

Hey, i am a dancer...u know ballet, jazz, hip hop and all that. It just seems like at my school all the cheerleaders and the girls who play sports like volleyball, basketball, etc are the ones the guys r after. Nobody seems to be attracted to the dancers! I was just wondering what u guys thought about dating dancers.

Thanks!
~LauraHey, i am a dancer...u know ballet, jazz, hip hop and all that. It just seems like at my school all the cheerleaders and the girls who play sports like volleyball, basketball, etc are the ones the guys r after. Nobody seems to be attracted to the dancers! I was just wondering what u guys thought about dating dancers.

Thanks!
~Laura

Old 08-23-2003, 09:49 AM   #2

CamaroGuy HB User
Dancers are the best. Cheerleaders are air-headed, & girls who play sports can be a bit competitive. But dancers know how to work it. Which is extremely sexy no matter how you look at it.

-Patrick

"If I could as well enclose my thoughts in verses as I enclose them
in my heart..." -Petrarch

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2003, 02:20 PM   #3

50000TearsIveCried HB User
Not every cheerleader is an airhead, if we were, I don't think I'd be able to read the posts on the boards;-) I happen to know many cheerleaders, myself included, who do quite well in school and do not apply to the common stereotype.

[This message has been edited by 50000TearsIveCried (edited 08-24-2003).]

Old 08-24-2003, 02:38 PM   #4
Inactive

bojanglydave14 HB User
Cheerleaders are snobby and prude, i always pick the dancers over the cheerleaders. Trust me, with alittle more confidence all the guys will be all over you.

Dave

Old 08-24-2003, 06:46 PM   #5

CamaroGuy HB User
There's nothing wrong with cheerleading. And most cheerleaders are very smart. But most of them, even if they don't realize it, begin to fall into the stereotype, usually only when they talk to guys. Because they know it's what guys expect. I don't know you two, i'm just stating what i've observed.

-Patrick

"If I could as well enclose my thoughts in verses as I enclose them
in my heart..." -Petrarch

Old 08-24-2003, 10:24 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
If people won't date you because of that, you don't want to be with them anyway. You'll find someone, just be yourself.

Old 08-25-2003, 01:58 PM   #7

I am not snobby am I'm not a prude. I sure as heck am not a **** though! I'm in honors English, I do very well in school, I don't like acting fake and ditsy for the attention of guys either. I don't want anyone expecting anything of me because I'm a cheerleader except the fact I'm an athlete.When I speak with guys, I don't use cheerleading for a topic or to show off, if I complain about an injury I sustained and they ask what's wrong, sure I will tell them it happened at practice, but I'm not going to twirl my hair around my finger, bat my lashes and say, "Well, we were doing a double twist down and I was hit, you know how us cheerleaders are." I do get silly at times, which may come off ditsy, doesn't everyone? It's fun to let loose and make others laugh. But, I'm intelligent enough to have a decent conversation with someone. I make sure to work on NOT falling into the sterotype. I'm not a cheerleader so I can have an excuse for being some impudent snob. Unlike many people, I do not boast about it on profiles stating, "HEY, HEY! I MADE CHEERLEADING IM A CHEERLEADER!" It's something I do, not who I am.

[This message has been edited by 50000TearsIveCried (edited 08-26-2003).]

Old 08-26-2003, 06:18 PM   #8
Inactive

danocasa HB User
just becuase you do good in school doesnt mean your not an airhead. there are two kinds of smart. school smart and common sense smart, i am sorry but cheerleaders don't usually have lots of common sense. but hell, what do i know? i'm a guy and i live in SoCal where the cheerleaders like HAVE to be stupid to get on the squad (just kidding, please dont kill me) anyway, if your a dancer like that i would LOVE to go out w/ you. it means you like lots of music and have a hobbie, plus, it means (sorry, male chromosone working here) that you should have a nice body, which is AWESOME.
if any cheerleaders read this im sorry just saying what i see.
Peace.

Old 08-27-2003, 12:33 PM   #9

Actually, that's true. I know many people who are book smart and have no common sense. But, that's not me and I'm proud of that. Thank god I read more than the first line, I was mad enough to actually consider correcting the form you used for "your." AH STEREOTYPE CHEERLEADER MOMENT! Lol. I'm sure some cheerleaders don't have common sense, a lot...but also...I'm sure there are tons of dancers, (I know of a few) and other athletes who do not either.
Dano- I'm a cheerleader, love music, have other hobbies, AND a nice body but I'm not a dancer. In fact, many lathargic people who sit all day near the computer have those qualities too, besides, I don't know about where you live but the dancers I know do not have great bodies. I wasn't offended at all though, so don't worry. I can handle a little humor...in fact your stupid cheerleader quote was funny.
...astronomical
Sorry, had to throw a big word in there somewhere;-)

[This message has been edited by 50000TearsIveCried (edited 08-29-2003).]

Old 08-27-2003, 12:57 PM   #10
Inactive

danocasa HB User
sorry i have to point this out im not making fun of you, its just that i said i live in SoCal and the little thing on the side of the post tells you what city. i think i would like to visit ahb jbjgb sometime it might be nice. anyway, i never said that cheerleaders didnt like music and i know that cheerleaders have nice bodies and enjoy hobbies. but the dancers i know have like, AMAZING bodies but i guess that just because where im from.
and thanks for not correcting it w/ some kind of crazy line of bleeped out vulgarities.
Peace.

Old 08-27-2003, 04:00 PM   #11

[QUOTE]Originally posted by danocasa:
sorry i have to point this out im not making fun of you, its just that i said i live in SoCal and the little thing on the side of the post tells you what city. i think i would like to visit ahb jbjgb sometime it might be nice. anyway, i never said that cheerleaders didnt like music and i know that cheerleaders have nice bodies and enjoy hobbies. but the dancers i know have like, AMAZING bodies but i guess that just because where im from.
and thanks for not correcting it w/ some kind of crazy line of bleeped out vulgarities.
Peace.
[/QUOTE
No, no no...I meant I didn't know how the PEOPLE are where you live, I did notice the SoCal.
"I don't know about where you live but the dancers I know do not have great bodies." I probably should have phrased it "I don't know what the dancers look like in your city."
"i think i would like to visit ahb jbjgb sometime it might be nice." lol, ur horrible. What can I say? I get lathargic sometimes too.

Old 08-27-2003, 04:49 PM   #12
Inactive

danocasa HB User
im sorry i dont know what "lathargic" means. i even looked it up and couldnt find it. im either illiterate or your spelling it wrong. im leaning towards illiteracy. but everything is now understood. but if anyone could please define "lathargic" it would greatly appreciated. thanks.
Peace.

Old 08-27-2003, 06:20 PM   #13

BeachBella289 HB User
Ok well, i was a dancer for 9 years, but the dance team at my high school (just started freshman year) was way to expensive, so i decided to try cheerleading, and i made so many friends...dance and cheerleading have a lot in common. I found that cheerleaders are NOT airheads at all, all of us are in all honors classes, have common, sense, and we can still laugh at that stupid stereotype, it's just hilarious how wrong it is!!! im not prude and im not snobby none of my friends are, and i am sorry all you guys feel that way, i have been an SHS cheerleading since march (at the end of 8th grade i tried out), and in those 6 months i have had the best times of my life. Dancers, cheerleaders, volleyball girls, basketball girls...we are all girls, it doesnt matter what sport you play, we are all girls, and to be honest guys do not always care about what you do, as long as you're cool, sweet, and nice, then it's all good!

Old 08-27-2003, 09:55 PM   #14
Inactive

danocasa HB User
i found out what "lethargic" means. you were spelling it wrong, but its alright. it means really lazy.

Old 08-28-2003, 08:44 AM   #15
Inactive
(male)

Jeffrey449 HB User
Being a prep and a jock, i've had various encounters with cheerleaders. Some are my friends, some i've dated in the past. Like any group of people, some are smart, some are a little low in the common sense side but very few of them are airheads. Its a bad stereo type, and another that jocks are mean. I am not mean, im one of the "popular" guys at school and i didnt get there by being mean and disrespectful. I am not stupid either. Honors Classes, and i know i am not common sense stupid. Would I date a dancer over a cheerleader or a girl in sports? No, sorry, cheerleaders and females in sports could relate to me a lot more since i am in athletics myself.

Closed Thread