It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2003, 12:00 AM   #1

Rizzo HB User
Post Girl I really like, too affraid to talk

Ok, There is this girl that im totally into, weve stared at eachother at school and all. The thing is that I dont know how to approach her, my friend works with her and talks to her sometimes, I want my friend to tell her I like her, but I dont know if it would just be stupid to do that or if it would be ok. Im just shy, and its hard for me to go up to a girl and talk to her sometimes. I just really want to hook up with her, she seems really cool and people have said she is too. Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks.

Old 07-07-2003, 12:46 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

upshutter17 HB User
Nothing more flattering than a guy liking a girl, and stepping up to tell her. Personally, I hate when a guy gets his friend to talk to me. Only because jokes like that are played all the time. So, take a deep breath, and go for it!
The staring is good! I know when I am interested in a guy, I stare.
Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2003, 06:24 PM   #3

BeachBella289 HB User
Ok..personally, i wouldnt mind it either way, it's flattering if the guy tells us in person...that way you know firsthand. But if a guy told me that his friend liked me i would still feel flattered...as logn as i know that the guy who is telling me, and the guy who likes me are really good friends.

Old 07-13-2003, 09:47 AM   #4

kweli HB User
Ive met so many girls just by having a "worst answer is no" attitude and I really did used to be shy , now if I see some girl I think is attractive I just go for it becasue there really is nothing to lose if you think about it. so just talk to her yourself, itll be fine

Old 07-13-2003, 12:08 PM   #5

iLOVEmyBF87 HB User
Wink

if your shy...then going up to the girl would be the HARDEST thing to do!!..i think you should go to your friends work when BOTH of them are working and have him introduce you to her ...make sum small talk..maybe exchange numbers joke alittle bit and then at school the next day smile and wave..then maybe in acouple days stop and say hey wats new??.stuff like that..dont overwhelm her either ..just let time take its course
.:*cHeLLiE*:.

Old 08-29-2003, 02:08 PM   #6

truthseeker HB User
Courage is doing what you are afraid to do. There can be no courage unless your're scared.

This interest me because it happen to me over 40 years ago. Please listen.

When I was in the 8th grade i was infatuated with this girl. I was no more than 12. My buddies were 14 more mature with girls. I was shy, but one day i walked this girl to the bus the one i like so much. I even went to her father's store that she worked in. I was in 8th grade and she a Freshman in Highschool. It never went anyplace because i was shy. When I got to highschool the next year, I still liked her but was to shy. I talked to girls that i didn't feel like this toward but was scared of the one i liked.

On my 14 birthday, my older siter who was this girls age gave me a surprise birthday party. She invited this girl. Everyone including the girl knew i liked her. She came to my party and the whole night i was afraid to talk to her. A long story short. This girl married a friend of mine. When i was about 21, a little bit more comfortable with girls, I happen to see her in a bar. I talked to her and apologized for he opportunity we could have had. Please my friend, don't let this happen to you. I've had some more experience like that too. I didn't become real confident with girls until my Senior year of Highschool. And all the while, i was very popular, very handsome, played on the school football team , ran track, and was a B+ student. But, i was shy. I think being raised without a mother and father done this to me. I was an orphan.

Guy, go up to her man. Sometime when you are not sure of yourself with girls at your age they sense this and think you are more geniune and special. They are shy too, and will respect you more.

Never tell a buddy to do what you should do. I did that also, and when I was in the Air Force that buddy happen to be at a base I went too, and he showed me the pictures of a girl i was in love with and who i dated my Senior year. I shared some things with him about her. We had broke up, and i was very sad and i told him about it. Shortly, he was going with her when i went to the service. So, do it. You'll only lose her to someone less deserving than you.

Closed Thread