It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2003, 06:53 PM   #1

lostwou14 HB User
Red face I feel so trapped...

im on this soccer team, right? and the girls on it are pretty good... but im not all that good so i have no clue how in the world i got on the team.

anyways, sometimes im okay with playing on the team. sometimes its tons of fun just to goof off on the field and stuff... but other times i just feel really awful about it, like im trapped. it's the weirdest thing to explain. ill come home crying after practice sometimes for no reason. and when i have a bad practice, i feel like crap and i wana quit so bad...

oh yeah, i would've quit a long time ago and i wouldn't have this problem, but 1st, everyone tells me 'i made a commitment to this team' when i tried out and 2nd, im so wishy/washy and i can't tell my coach how i feel. i tried once, but that definitely didn't work.

if any of you know what's going on with me or have any help, let me know. i'd appreciate any advice i can get!!

Old 08-28-2003, 11:13 PM   #2

TranscendingAbyss HB User
well.. I think your best bet would be to be strong and talk to your school counselor or your coach if it's bothering you this much... but really.. why would they put you on the team if you were really a horrible player hon? you don't have to be an all star pro soccer player to be good at the game... being in a team is all about being part of team.. and coaches pick different people for different reasons.. I'm sure the coach had a good reason for picking you and you fit into the scheme.. maybe somewhere you don't even realize nobody is perfect at anything.. try not to compare yourself and just get out there and have fun...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2003, 07:07 PM   #3

soccrgurl12 HB User
ok, if the girls that are on the team are good, then you probably are pretty good, too. you should do what you want to do and not think about the other people, because if youre happy, then they should be happy. and if you think that youre making a mistake if you quit, well...you learn from your mistakes and there will be other soccer teams. let me know how it turns out!
-me-

Old 08-29-2003, 07:30 PM   #4

Geek_USA HB User
Well, if you made it on a team with some kick a$$ girls, then im sure your pretty kick a$$ as soccer as well, even if you dont think so..

I say feel confident when you run up on those fields, and do your best.

Closed Thread