It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2003, 06:55 PM   #1

pim9in555 HB User
Post Can anyone help me please....?

Well i dont know where to start... Im 17 years old (male) and i have some issues that even i dont understand.

The thing is, i know some people wake up with those 'ugly' days when you just dont like the way you look ,etc. That happens occasionaly for some people. But lately its been happening a lot for me, and it really does kill my self confidence.

Its not that im ugly ,i dont think. When i took my senior pictures, i was offered a modeling job by the shop i was at. I was voted best eyes last year. My friends still mention all the girls that think im cute and how i should ask them out (they look very nice themselves)but i just cant work up the courage to talk to them because recently when i look in the mirror at school, i dont see myself. I see some ugly kid that just hours ago at home looked pretty good.

Why the hell is that? I seem to only feel like that at school, and i just started feeling like this a couple years ago. At home i look fine IMO, at the beach when i glance in the mirror i think i look good, but at school and occasionaly when im with some friends i just dont feel it. I feel like im ugly as hell.

Anyone else exprience this? It may sound strange but i just want to know if im alone or not.

I HATE the way i have been feeling as a result of this and i was wondering if its a mental type issue?

Can anyone help? i would really appreciate it.

Old 08-27-2003, 08:25 PM   #2

Miranda2626 HB User
i dont really know what it is im the same way i dont think i ever look good..! well at home im like alright a look okay and then i go places and im like..dont want anyone to look at me because i feel ugly..i dont know what the problem is i dont know maybe it is because i dont want to be stuck up and to not b stuck up i put myself down or see something im not..i honestly dont know..? sorry i wasnt much help
but just try to stay positive

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2003, 08:42 PM   #3

Hot Ice HB User
Quote:
When i took my senior pictures, i was offered a modeling job by the shop i was at. I was voted best eyes last year. My friends still mention all the girls that think im cute
Well, I ENVY you. Pretty nice complements you've got there. Did you take that modeling job? Everyone would dream that they were that person that was offered a modeling job. Seriously.

Though, some people just think that they're not good enough. Do you think your friends are lying about that look of yours? NO. So stop kidding yourself that you're ugly. Do you need some evidence to prove that you're ugly? Well it sounds that you wouldn't find any as it seems that everyone thinks you're good looking.

Old 08-28-2003, 10:37 AM   #4

Kylie1 HB User
I know EXACTLY how you feel. I think my problem is that I set my standards to high with pretty much everything. I am a bit of a perfectionist and everything I do has to be perfect and if it's not then its a load of c**p. The same goes for about how I look. if I dont look absolutley perfect I just feel like nothing. I get told I'm pretty but I never really feel like i am. I'd love to help you but I really have no idea how. Sorry

Old 08-28-2003, 03:59 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User
Smile

I think everyone in their teens has experienced this feeling. It's pretty universal, and I'm pretty sure you'll grow out of it. Try to change your mindset. Sounds corny, but try to write a list of things you like about yourself, good qualities, things people compliment you on, etc. Just be yourself and SMILE!

Old 08-31-2003, 11:04 AM   #6

pim9in555 HB User
thanks a lot guys...

just checked the boards now, i gotta go back to work

but thanks

Closed Thread