It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2003, 10:24 PM   #1

snoboarder2344 HB User
Post Girl I've known forever... how to be more than friends

Well there's girl melissa, and I've known her since she moved to my area, which was in first grade. I've had a crush on her pretty much ever since, an off and on type of thing. She's had a thign for me too, but not lately like past year. The problem is I get really nervous around her (only her) and I don't know what really to say to her, like conversation starters and stuff. Also, how do I know if she's interested. Some tips would be extremely helpful. Thanks a lot. (by the way i flirt a lot, it's jsut around her i get nervous, thats how I know i really care about her)

Old 08-30-2003, 09:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User
Smile

The best and easiest way to find your answer is to just be straightforward. "Do you like me?" It would be hard to work out and would take a lot of nerve- but there's the best way to find your answer. If you aren't feeling that outspoken, just ask her who she likes in general.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2003, 09:46 AM   #3

sickness187 HB User
i really have a hard time believing lovely lady on everything she posts because it doesnt seem that shes a teen or knows anything about psychology of females at all.....

Old 08-30-2003, 01:38 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User
Smile

Ah ha sickness, I found it.

Perhaps not, I don't have too many "typical girlfriends." The girls I DO hang out with are great- they don't gossip, they don't cry over the little things, they never talk about who's hot and who's not, and they're never asking me about my relationship with my boyfriend. I absolutely adore it. We all try to break away from the typical shallow gossipy girls and just be ourselves and have fun. So, sorry if I sound "different" somehow.

Old 08-30-2003, 03:11 PM   #5

sickness187 HB User
i hate typical females it sometimes seems as if their arent any actual "ladies" in the world sometimes you understand what i mean but you seem very nice so sorry

Old 08-30-2003, 03:27 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User
Smile

No need to be sorry! I wasn't offended at all. I think everyone needs to try and break away from their stereotypes... I hate the media's portrayal of people. Cheerleaders are popular, color guard girls are reject wannabe cheerleaders, chess clubbers are nerds, jocks are popular and preppy. It's rediculous. I find some girls intentionally trying to act ditzy and 'blonde' at my school, which I find rediculous. I find that high schoolers and even college students tend to be very shallow, and I don't understand it. I don't think the point of dating is just have fun, have your way, and break up, I think people should look for meaning and fulfillment in relationships. What am I rambling about?!!!

Old 08-30-2003, 03:40 PM   #7

sickness187 HB User
you just blew my mind...it was incredible all this time i thought no one in the world had those same ideas as me and it honestly drove me insane...im so glad that there is a you in the world nice to meet you

Old 08-30-2003, 03:41 PM   #8

sickness187 HB User
i go to a community college and believe me they still have high school mentality's....it tears me apart sometimes,most of them are very ignorant

Old 08-31-2003, 11:33 AM   #9
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User
Smile

You too...

It would be nice to think that people going off to college would mature a little bit more and step out of the drama and shallowness. Fortunately for some that is the case, for others it remains the same. I've never been huge on partying/drinking and whatever, I see it as a waste of time, and trying to conform in with a group. I'd like to think I'm not a conformist. I like to think outside of the box and be different from most people. I see so many other ways to have fun then intoxicating your body. We go dancing all the time, just without the effects of alcohol. I'm not a typical teeny bopper!

Closed Thread