It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2003, 11:07 AM   #1

CrazyBoutLinkinPark HB User
Red face Stalker Chick!

Okay, I play sports everyday... usually from the morning to late afternoon. Everyday after practice, I ask the coach what time practice will be for the next day, and he'll say that it'll will start at 9 'o clock (for example). Everyone at this sports place is really close (we're about 10 people) so usually 2 or 3 of us usually hang out at night after practice.

Anyway, there is this girl that I'm really good friends with there. However, instead of just showing up at practice whenever she wants the next day (cuz we usually come between the hours of 9 and 11 if practice is supposed to start at 9) she'll do something like this:

The guy I like and I will usually do something after practice, and the girl will go home or hang out with us. Anyway, if she does not hang out with us, while I'm with the guy, she'll call 2 or 3 times during the course of the night saying "What are you doing?" "What time are you going to be at practice?". Then, the next morning, at 7 'o clock or something, while I'm sleeping, she'll call and ask "What time are you going to practice?" and I'll say "I don't know." and she'll stay on the line bugging me until I give her a time.

So, if I say I'll be there at 9, she'll be there at 9, but if she doesn't see my car at practice, she will wait in hers until I get there (sometimes up to 2 hours!)

I really don't know what to do because this person really means a lot to me, but it's really starting to freak me out because she won't go to practice unless I will, and if I take a water break and decide to go into the house, she will too. She always shows up at practice at the same time as me, and, it's affecting my relationships with other people. The guy I like doesn't really want to hang out with me as much anymore because of her, all of my sports friends won't do anything with me outside of practice unless we do something at my house because they don't want her to come.

I've tried everything, I disconnected my phone, but then she e-mails me, I lie about what time I'm going to practice, and I've even told her how I feel, but even that doesn't work. I know she’s doing it because she’s very insecure about herself, but I don’t know what to do! Please help, I need to get my life back! I really appreciate her as a friend, but this is too much!!

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2003, 02:57 PM   #2

drag0n HB User
she wants some D**k :-p how old is she?? maybe thats really what she wants.. if shes cute give it to her, if shes pure nasty tell her to ****** off and to go find another guy, if that doesnt work tell her your gonna have a restraining order placed on her. if that doesnt work call her parents and tell them that you dont want her to be followning you around soo much, if that doesnt work i suggest you move cuz these type of girls only cause you trouble.

Old 08-16-2003, 02:57 PM   #3

50000TearsIveCried HB User
Wow, that's tough. It sounds to be if you told her how you felt and she didn't do anything, you weren't clear enough or tough enough. This girl has got to get a grip and learn to branch out. Nobody likes a shadow. You need to tell her straight that she's crowding you and you need private time wihth other people. She can't be interdependant and she can't rely on you to be there for her forever. The girl seems to be suffocating you. Don't ditch her altogether if she means alot to you...but tell her if she really wants to hang out with you, it has to have periods apart.

Old 08-16-2003, 06:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally posted by drag0n:
she wants some D**k :-p how old is she?? maybe thats really what she wants.. if shes cute give it to her, if shes pure nasty tell her to ****** off and to go find another guy...

That would make sense if I were a guy... sorry, I'm a girl. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif

Old 08-16-2003, 06:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by drag0n:
she wants some D**k :-p how old is she?? maybe thats really what she wants.. if shes cute give it to her, if shes pure nasty tell her to ****** off and to go find another guy...

That would make sense if I were a guy... sorry, I'm a girl. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif

Old 08-16-2003, 08:21 PM   #6

Kylie1 HB User
then she wants some p***y!

No, I'm kidding. She sounds very insecure. Does she have any friends other than you? I really dont know what you could do except telling her exactly how you feel. Sorry

Old 08-17-2003, 09:49 AM   #7

Kylie1, you're absolutely right, she is very insecure.

She has one extremely close friend other than me, but she doesn't stalk her. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif I dunno, it's just so weird, it's like she worships me. I know that sounds weird, but she's always telling me how cool I am for talking to the guy I like, doing well in school, and playing tennis... and she's always saying how bad she is, and I always have to give her compliments... I don't get it! She plays tennis everyday with me! I dunno, it's very weird... all I know is that it's getting weirder and weirder, and all of my friends don't want to hang out with me when she's there... which is all the time.

I tried talking to her yesterday, and it doesn't seem to work.

Feel free to give me your input!

Old 08-17-2003, 10:49 AM   #8

drag0n HB User
lol my bad i cant help you there

Old 08-17-2003, 03:46 PM   #9

haha :P oh well... Thanks a lot though. If anyone else has any input, I'd love to hear it!

Old 08-17-2003, 05:47 PM   #10

G_man123 HB User
i think i might be able help u

i know i sound kinda geeky for saying this but maybe u should ask ur parents or somebody for help. Don't deal with it if u don't know how.I don't think ur one od those maco girls who doen't tell anyone their problems.
I still think u should talk to her, but think about what ur ganna say. I understand ur upset becasue of this but it can be resoulved. Talk to ur best friend/s about this, maybe they would have edvice and If they are ur friends, they will try to help. ur stalker does seem to be very inconfident of herself. but I think it's something deeper. I say try to find out what it is. that might be the key to solve this problem. that's about as much as i can think about now.
I know this might sound little crazy , but try to pationt. she might find some one else to "admire" 24/7.

I'll try to come up with some stuff.

peace for now?!?

Old 08-17-2003, 09:04 PM   #11

G_man123, thanks so much for your post! Do you think that I should tell my tennis coach instead of the parents because he knows all of the kids' secrets, and we all listen to him?

Old 08-18-2003, 05:53 PM   #12

G_man123 HB User
Ya if u trust him

peace?!?

Old 08-18-2003, 06:35 PM   #13

Thanks! I'll try today!

Old 08-19-2003, 05:25 AM   #14

Kylie1 HB User
I KNOW WHY!!

well I think I do...So she's one of those people who fish for compliments like: "oh my work is so bad, yours is much better", "I love your hair, its so cool I wish mine looked like that". And then you feel bad and have to start complimenting her back.

I had a friend like that. And she would I guess "worship" me, as you put it. I figured out that she was insecure, and was hanging around me because when she was fishing for compliments I was the only one who would compliment her, everyone else would just ignore it. She probably hangs around you because you say things that make her feel better about herself, or give her an ego trip.

But don't keep doing it because it's not helping her really. She will just keep putting herself down in front of you so you will compliment her. It gets annoying as hell! Don't be mean to her, just try not to compliment her, just be honest in the nicest possible way.

Old 08-19-2003, 07:25 PM   #15

When you did that to your friend, what happened? Does she still hang around you... but gives you space, or does she not even talk to you at all.

You're right, she always puts herself down! She always says, "I suck at tennis, I wish I were as good as you." and I would to say, "no, that's not true, you are good at tennis." I kinda figured it was the nice thing to say, but the thing is, is that, now, when she plays in a match, she has a ton of confidence and now I don't have as much.

Closed Thread