It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2003, 08:58 AM   #1
(male)

gjtango HB User
Smile Wishing for more than a friendship

There is a girl who i've known for over a year. Were both 16 and get along really well. She is really good looking and I think I'm an average guy, not ugly but no drop dead gorgeous. She's such a lovely girl both in looks and personality but I don't want to jepodize our friendship. I think we would made a really good couple though. What should I do?

Old 08-31-2003, 11:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User
Smile

Well, as its been pointed out before, I'm not your typical girl. So, my advice may seem a little out there- my apologies in advance.

The foundation of a good relationship should always be a sturdy friendship. It sounds like you have that, and you're headed in the right direction. The only thing I can think to do is suggest to do things and hang out together more often and try and figure out how she feels about you. If you are outspoken and/or blunt you could just ask her... but most people aren't and choose to do it the difficult way. If its meant to be it will happen with a little bit of time and patience. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2003, 01:56 PM   #3

Hot Ice HB User
I'm assuming here she's single.

By now you should know what she looks for a boyfriend. How about giving her obvious hints if you're afraid to tell her. If she doesn't get the hints, then your friendship is still safe. And if she does get your hints and doesn't return the feeling, then she'll think that it's only her imagination.

I don't really know what kind of hints would work. Try staring at her and make sure she catches you. Or smile several times only when you're around her.

Ladies, what are some obvious hints a guy can do to tell that he's into you?

[This message has been edited by Hot Ice (edited 08-31-2003).]

Old 08-31-2003, 04:25 PM   #4
(male)

gjtango HB User
Thanks lovelylady and Hot Ice, some good points. Hints as to how someone may like someone else would be helpful. An example which I think is quite good is we can talk for ages and ages then sometimes we may have pauses for 30-40 seconds or so. I'm sure this is ok, as you carnt talk all the time, but loads of the times i've been with her and we've just been jammin watching telly or whatever I just feel in those quiet moments I could actually have my arms around her, giving her a gentle kiss e.t.c. Some more responces would be great

Old 08-31-2003, 04:38 PM   #5

Hot Ice HB User
An idea just dawned on me. Maybe she feels the say about you.

Why don't you "accidentally" touch her hand while watching the telly. See if she doesn't move it away. HINT: HINT: If she doesn't, keep it there. But if she does move her hand away and give you this "what-look," just play dumb and pretend nothing wrong happened.

EDIT
:::: Uhhh, why do I give crappy advice? :::: This is me talking to myself.

[This message has been edited by Hot Ice (edited 08-31-2003).]

Old 09-01-2003, 04:40 AM   #6
(male)

gjtango HB User
Nah HotIce, in a way that's a good idea, maybe worth the risk. I might well go with this girl to the cinema or movies as you call them in the West tonight, I doubt much will happen but I'll see.

Old 09-02-2003, 07:46 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User
Smile

Well I think you should definitely hint that you like her, but stay persistant! I remember that my boyfriend didn't give me ANY hints till like a week before we started going out and it was very frustrating!! Just tell her subtly that you think she's attractive... (I assume you do!!?) and go with it there. Do it on the phone if it makes you feel more comfortable. I dunno!

Closed Thread