It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2003, 06:25 PM   #1
Inactive

amphy60 HB User
Post the "popular girls"

When your like a freshman in highschool, are the "popular girls" generally slutty or prude? Do they like and go out with guys that are not "popular kids" like them?

Old 02-21-2003, 07:03 PM   #2

AmbrMF HB User
Amphy, You're probably 14 or 15 right? And you act as if you care what the popular girls do. Well I'm just gonna tell you something that you will evuntually learn one day. It doesnt matter. Be how you want to be. If you want to be prude, then be prude, if you dont, then dont. If you want to like someone that isnt popular, then by all means, go after him. Dont worry about what the popular kids think. Its not like they are someone you have to answer too. And in 4 years, they wont matter AT ALL to you anymore, so dont let them matter now!
Be yourself and act how you want to act.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2003, 06:48 AM   #3

Matt M HB User
Well said AmbrMF, I know it took me a long time to realise that and I learned the hard way.

Old 02-22-2003, 02:15 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
Hey, I just want to quickly write a little quote that I think is really true:

Popularity is for the week and those who cant think for themselves.

Old 02-22-2003, 03:17 PM   #5

icedout2084 HB User
im glad i am not popular trust me its not fun i went through that stage its not all that great. It's better to be known but not known as very popular

Old 02-22-2003, 05:01 PM   #6
Inactive

amphy60 HB User
no, im not a one of the popular kids and im a guy

Old 02-23-2003, 09:38 AM   #7

icedout2084 HB User
oh and i never saw a popular girl go out with someones who is not popular i dont know why

Old 02-23-2003, 09:50 AM   #8

kweli HB User
I've known popular girls that went out with unpopular people all the time.

Old 02-23-2003, 11:27 AM   #9

kat_84 HB User
it may seem that popularity is one of the most important things in high school, but believe me, after you graduate, no one cares if you are popular. in my experience...i wasn't one of the totally popular girls, but i was basically friendly to everyone and everyone was friendly to me. i had a certain close group of girlfriends, but they were not the popular girls. after i gradded last june...all my friends and i went off to university to start our new lives, make new friends etc. about 90% of the girls who were really popular did not. why? because they didn't want to leave their friends behind in case they weren't popular at university. and at university, no one cares if you were popular in high school. they are also the girls that are ungrading at local high schools so they can be in the high school environment again. they have no plans for the future....well, none that don't involve the rest of the clique. get what i'm saying? so stop worrying about popularity because in a few years, it will not matter at all!

~kat~

Old 02-23-2003, 08:27 PM   #10
Inactive

amphy60 HB User
Is popularity a lot less after freshman year?

Old 02-23-2003, 08:28 PM   #11
Inactive

amphy60 HB User
Is popularity a lot less of an issue after freshman year?

Old 02-24-2003, 09:37 AM   #12

brands11 HB User
Word of Advice: Being popular has nothign at all to do with your future, so why care?

I was popular for the last 2 years of my high school years, and i cant say it was any better than the first 2 years (00 grad). Although i became popular i never looked down on my friends from the "other" group, i stayed friends with both. The funny thing that i noticed now is that all the popular girls/guys have dropped out of college, alot because they are not well known, and people dont run to your every needs. I am not saying that if your popular your going to be a dropout but what im saying is staying true to who you really are will get you further in life than being who others want you to be. Other people make you popular, and what happens in 4 years when people are not going to listen to what you have to say?

Old 02-24-2003, 11:58 AM   #13

Dom HB User
ok im 15 1/2 and a freshmen in high. I gues u could say i have a high maturity level for my age. I was always one of the popular guys...and only dated the popular girls. Begining of this year i dated a REALLY hot junior girl and then we broke up. But now, im dating this other junior...shes very decent but has never been as "hot" or "popular" as the popular girls.

but u know what..wev been dating for 6 months and i ****in love her more than any1 else b 4. Best of all she has a personality better than anyone i have ever seen before...and that alone has showed me how hot she is and how much i value her. I even lost my virginity with this girl...so as u get older in the next 2 years...your gona realise that you like who you like regardless of their popularity. Matter of fact, there really is no popularity later on...you got your friends...girlfriend...and if someone has 2 say sumthin about it..**** em

Old 02-25-2003, 01:16 PM   #14

BettyRose HB User
Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by brands11:
The funny thing that i noticed now is that all the popular girls/guys have dropped out of college, alot because they are not well known, and people dont run to your every needs.
That is funny! Only b/c I was popular in H.S. …with 5 brothers & sisters everyone tends to know who you are! I was homecoming queen, lettered every sport, joined almost every club, was on the honor roll every time blah! blah! blah! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/gabby.gif Anyways, I went to college for 2 years and then "dropped out" - not b/c people weren't there to run to my every need or because I couldn't handle it but b/c I found a job that I love. (By the way, I graduated in 92 so I'm not exactly ancient - I can still relate)

I can't see why'd there'd be a difference in the college drop out rate between "popular and unpopular high school" students. That doesn't make sense. My husband has a close knit group of friends from high school who were all in the "unpopular" group (he went to a different school). He didn't go to college not b/c he "couldn't leave his friends" but b/c he got a job offer making $25/hr. (at 18 who wouldn't take it) plus he had to move away from group of friends for a few years (He went south and we live in OH).

High school friends are something to cherish whether it be popular or unpopular. I personally think that every single person is popular in one way or another. Everyone has their own "cliques" and so somebody has to be the "popular" one even if it is in what some would call an "unpopular" group.

As to would a popular girl date an unpopular guy? Well, I may not have dated him in high school - I didn't know him then anyways plus he says he wouldn't never dated me either - but I married him, didn't I?! (BTW, I wouldn't have dated him b/c he is 3 yrs younger than me - not b/c he was unpopular)

If a popular girl wouldn't date you b/c she thought you were to unpopular for her then she's not worth dating…yet - there's still time for her to grow up.

Sorry so lengthy!

[This message has been edited by BettyRose (edited 02-25-2003).]

Old 02-26-2003, 07:28 PM   #15

SomethingCreative HB User
Thumbs down

Who cares about being popular, I am 16 and in the 11th grade whenI was in 9th grade-10th I was always so worried about being part of the "in crowd". Now I COULD CARE LESS I just be myself and peple really respect you for that as a matter of fact Im very well know I talk to the "popular" kids but I dont really hang around them. I tend to find, kids who arent caught up in the whole popular stuff are more real and fun to be around its like they dont care what ppl think. Im just a carefree person by the way some popular girls are ugly physically and personality wise compared to the quiet ones! (thinks about this loud obnoxious girl in my 5th period LOL) (what amess)

[This message has been edited by moderator1 (edited 03-05-2003).]

Closed Thread