It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2003, 05:51 PM   #1

pkb4u HB User
Post What's going on??

K, I've known this guy for almost a year now and we hang out every weekend night, and we have a great time with each other. Neither one of us have been in a real relationship before and two months ago, I found out that he likes me, and he found out that I like him.

Since that time, we still hang out all of the time as friends. I don't know what to do, I really like him. Do you think he's not ready? What should I do?

He also keeps talking about me going to college next year (I'm a senior, he's a junior), do you think that has something to do with it? I just don't know what to do, any suggestions?

Thanks!

Old 09-01-2003, 06:11 PM   #2

Hot Ice HB User
Grasp the opportunity. Snatch it and make it yours. It's good that you two have mutual understanding. He likes you, you like him. What's the problem?

I think he's ready. And even if he goes to college next year, both of you still have THIS YEAR to enjoy. Make the most of it!

One more thing, if you're in heaven with your current friendship, then why change? Or do you want a sexual relationship?

[This message has been edited by Hot Ice (edited 09-01-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2003, 06:38 PM   #3

pkb4u HB User
Thanks for your post! I just reread my post, and I realize that I made it a little unclear. I really like having him as a friend, but it sometimes feels awkward to have feelings for someone and be just friends.

I know this sounds really dumb, but I really don't know how to start the relationship. I've "hinted" to him about it, but he just gets really shy, looks at the ground, turns red, or he smiles and looks down at his hands and then he'll try to change the topic or he'll just become quiet. I know that he likes me, it's just so frustrating because it's as if he has a wall surrounding him.

Also, even though I've told him that I like him, he sometimes acts as if he doesn't know that I like him. Very weird. It's probably because I'm not very aggressive, and he's a really shy guy. I don't know. What should I do?

Old 09-01-2003, 09:02 PM   #4

Geek_USA HB User
hehe, A girl I really like has hinted that she likes me, or so I think. she is really shy, but im as shy as you can get.
Problem is, were not sure if you really like us, well I mean u like him, and the girls im talking about like me.
Try to be more out straight, tell him you like him, and see what he does. Otherwise, cant you just make the move?

Old 09-02-2003, 07:40 AM   #5

Hot Ice HB User
Quote:
but he just gets really shy, looks at the ground, turns red, or he smiles and looks down at his hands and then he'll try to change the topic or he'll just become quiet
Don't you find that somewhat cute? That's very appealing, isn't it? I mean the more you wait, the more excited you get. Huh?

It seems that knowing that you like each has been established. He knows, you know. Now, what's the next step?

How about going on a date (I guess you tried that already but doesn't really consider it a "date"). If you're 100% sure that he likes you, then hold the bull by its horn. (Easier said than done, huh?) I mean, go for the kiss. For sure he can't ignore THAT. Go for it.

By the way, words isn't the only way to tell that he really likes you. So if he's really silent, then listen to his actions. Good luck

Old 09-02-2003, 03:59 PM   #6

sweetlilsurfer HB User
Wink

hey well i think he is just worried bout losing you next year..and doesnt want to have to go through more pain by having you leave when you have a realtionship..but why dont you bring it up to him about having a relationship?

------------------
Kristen Lynn

Old 09-02-2003, 07:46 PM   #7

pkb4u HB User
Exclamation

Thanks for all your posts guys! You're all right; I should make the first move, but how? I'm 16, and I've never even kissed a guy before and although he’s never had a real gf, he’s at least kissed a girl. I feel like I'll make a complete fool of myself because he thinks that I have experience because one of my friends said that I have experience but I don’t. I don’t know, it’s so sad, we probably wouldn’t even know that we like each other if his friend “Bob” didn’t do all of the work for us. This weekend it’ll probably be just me and him every night, or me, him, and his friend “Bob”… which is a good opportunity because “Bob” is the one who has been trying to get us to get together in the first place. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Old 09-02-2003, 07:47 PM   #8

pkb4u HB User
Exclamation

Thanks for all your posts guys! You're all right; I should make the first move, but how? I'm 16, and I've never even kissed a guy before and although he’s never had a real gf, he’s at least kissed a girl. I feel like I'll make a complete fool of myself because he thinks that I have experience because one of my friends said that I have experience but I don’t. I don’t know, it’s so sad, we probably wouldn’t even know that we like each other if his friend “Bob” didn’t do all of the work for us. This weekend it’ll probably be just me and him every night, or me, him, and his friend “Bob”… which is a good opportunity because “Bob” is the one who has been trying to get us to get together in the first place. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Old 09-03-2003, 06:49 PM   #9

pkb4u HB User
Sorry for posting it twice guys!

Closed Thread