It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2003, 05:35 PM   #1

*sunshine* HB User
Question a teen getting breast implants...yeah or nah

Hey everyone,
For the past 17 years of my life I can never remember looking in the mirror and being happy with what I saw. This hate I built for my body only increased from the taunts I used to and still do recieve. You can only hear something so many times before you begin to believe it yourself. My body had driven me into depression. I am a very sensitive person and my body has held me back from so much. I have become shy,yet I have this burning desire to fit in, be popular, be liked. I find it hard to look at magazines without burning with envy. Every single beautiful face looking back at me is equipped with large breasts and a toned body. I want to be like them. I want breast implants. I have discussed it with my parents and they support me as a last means to free me of my depression. Every single thing I hate about myself links back to my undeveloped body. I know this sounds superficial, but we live in a superficial world. Except it. It's reality. If anyone could give me any advice or their opion on me getting breast implants that would be greatly appreciated. I have debated it endless times and I know this is what I want. Thousands of people a day alternate their apperance with plastic surgery to make themselves happier in their own skin, so why would if be wrong for a teen? I have lived through the depression to realize that I would give anything to be happy...and I think implants just might be the thing.
*sunshine*

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2003, 05:43 PM   #2

CamaroGuy HB User
Hmm... i really don't know what it's like, since i'm a guy, but... isn't it possible that you are just developing late? I just started filling out muscle-wise about 6 months ago... & i'm 19. Besides, don't implants keep you from breast feeding & stuff? Don't you want to have kids some day?

I'm sorry, i know i'm not much help...

-Patrick

------------------
"Stay positive and love your life..." -Nick Hexum, 311

"If I could as well enclose my thoughts in verses as I enclose them
in my heart..." -Petrarch

Old 08-25-2003, 05:55 PM   #3

CamaroChickity HB User
Well what might be a good idea is to just slowly add pad to yer bra to make it seem like u are growing for everyone else and then if u decide thats what u truly want u can make them permant. I dont think its wrong for u because of yer reason. I say screw all the people who don't know yer reason and think it's wrong! Good Luck!

Old 08-25-2003, 06:02 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User
Smile

Hey, I know it's hard to be happy with your body in a society that shows you the "perfect" woman with large breasts and a tiny waist. Don't buy into it. Larger breasts wont make you happier. You may feel happier about it for a while but after a while you will see that that void is still there. You need to think about the side effects... sure, you know they are safe for 5-20 years, but what about when you get old? They could do some nasty things to your body. I don't think the solution to your problem is surgery, I think you need to find a way to accept your body for the way it is and grow to love you for you. You need to find a way to be happy with who you are. Plus, some women's breasts don't grow fully until they are in their 20's. Give it some time- you're still young.

Old 08-25-2003, 06:05 PM   #5

Hot Ice HB User
Today I'm depressed. Tonight I'll get breast implant. Tomorrow all my problems will go away!

Do you honestly believe that it's that simple?

For sure, when you get an implant, things will not be the same way as they used to be. But do you think that change is for the best? Think about the consequences. Research. ::

I always pray to God to be taller. But I realize that God will not give me the height, but He will give me a better thing - confidence. He will make me feel better about myself. God will not change my height, He will change my attitude.

By the way, not everyone who gets surgery are happy. It's only temporal. Next month, that person will get another surgery. As if nothing they do is good enough, so they always try to "change."

One more thing, do you think everything revolves around BREASTS? No!

Why not consider other resorts? Like, help-session groups (schools offer them), or maybe,just maybe, get falsies, ater-bras, gels or anything to put on your bras to make your breasts look bigger.

Then go to the mall, or anywhere public or see your other friends. Then ask their opinions. Just fool them into thinking they're real. And see the reactions you get. Does it alleviate your depression? Good luck.

Old 08-25-2003, 06:18 PM   #6
Inactive

DanaJ HB User
You don't need implants. That's the LAST thing you need. What you DO need is a new outlook, possibly counciling, and how to learn to love yourself for who you are. Period. No one else has to live your life but you, so why let them RULE your life?! DOn't give them the power.

Besides, I'm pretty sure most surgeons won't operate on someone who is not completely developed, which woudl include teens, and it's obviously for smart reasons.
Personally I think implants look bad, and most of the guys I know, prefer natural, even if they are small. They may get attention(implants) but that's it.

Ever see that south park episode where that girl gets the boob job thinking everyone will like her?( I think the episode is called something like Bebe's boobs destroy society) lol you should see it, seriously.

Implants won't solve anything, it's just an issue that you're using to cover up the real problems.

Trust me, that's not the area you need to work on

[This message has been edited by DanaJ (edited 08-25-2003).]

Old 08-25-2003, 08:24 PM   #7

chickadee99 HB User
I see that most of the people who replied are saying it's not a good idea to get implants, and I agree. You are only 17, right? You aren't done "filling out". (I've never liked that expression and there I go using it!) Girls have a growth spurt at around 18-20 I think, even though when they are in their mid teens, they are pretty much done growing height-wise. So I say wait on it. I wouldn't get implants, but that's just me. A padded bra will help. Not only can you get padded bras, but you can get a bra that's pretty much shaped for you! Lol. So....that's my opinion.

Old 08-26-2003, 01:28 AM   #8

*sunshine* HB User
Thank you everyone for your replies!!! I apriciate it, but I was wondering if the people that replied have any idication of what it feels like to hate your body so much. I know my body MIGHT develope further, but I highly doubt it because my whole family was built in a small build. What is the point of living a miserable life if something can be done? and since so many of the replierers were against the implants I was wondering their opionon on what would make getting implants "exceptable" or if it is exceptable for anyone at all (in their opinion) to receive them?
Thank you once again!
*sunshine*

Old 08-26-2003, 06:21 AM   #9
Inactive

ilaugh@myself.why HB User
well sunshine, personally i don't think you should hate your body and feel miserable just 'cause you don't look like the women in the magazines you're reading..

not many of the women i've ever been attracted to look like that.. breasts certainly will never be what it takes to make me fall in luv..

that's not what it takes to get noticed.. it's confidence and it's not giving a sh*t what other ppl think..

make yourself sexy.. don't stand there helplessly while your implants make you sexy..

[This message has been edited by ilaugh@myself.why (edited 08-26-2003).]

Old 08-26-2003, 06:32 AM   #10
Senior Veteran

Redhead23 HB User
If you're mature enough and have tried less drastic options to deal with your self confidence (counselling etc.) then I don't see anything wrong with implants per se, but no matter what you say you might still "fill out" and grow up until the age of 25 or more, so getting implants at your age might be a bit rash.

I never had tiny boobs but mine did grow quite a bit up until recently (I am 25) - if I'd gone by what my Mom's breasts look like I would hardly have any so just because your relatives don't have big ones doesn't mean yours can't grow!

Inhibited Perfectionist

Old 08-26-2003, 07:08 AM   #11
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User
Smile

I am probably the best person to ask about self-loathing. I know how it is. But surgery isn't going to make you any happier. When I was younger I had horrible skin. It wasn't like too bad, but just enough to ruin my confidence. Finally I spent infinate numbers of money trying to fix my skin with the thought in mind that if I had nice skin, I would be happy, I knew it. Finally treatments worked and my skin was "normal" looking but even after that I was still depressed. Your body isn't going to be the source of your happiness- you just have to change your mindset.

Old 08-26-2003, 07:10 AM   #12
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User
Smile

Redhead is right also, my mom wears a size like 36A and my sister is about a 34C. I'm in the b's somewhere but I don't really care.

Old 08-26-2003, 12:59 PM   #13

50000TearsIveCried HB User
Not only that, you say you get taunts from people about your body? Imagine what the catty girls will say about your fake boobs. The situation may just get worse. A ton more girls get made fun of in my school for wearing padded bras as opposed to the flat ones. Imagine implants. And personally, breast implants I think look completely un-natural and most of the time you can tell the second you look at them. Honestly, breast will not make you any prettier, sure maybe some men will consider you "boob pretty"...but personally I'd be more depressed if guys flocked to me for my chest size as opposed to who I am, not what I'm made out of (silicone). You want to be confident? Go to the gym, it really makes you feel good about yourself, not having some foreign object on your chest.

Old 08-26-2003, 01:37 PM   #14
(female)

beachchick112 HB User
Cool

i wish i was in your position! i developed earlier than everyone else in my grade, in 5th grade my breasts went from an a to a b and it wuz noticiable. it didnt make me happy either. i am thinkin of gettin a breast reduction surgery cause i can go anywhere w/o a bra, and i hate it. i m now almost a d and it sux- be happy wit ur body- u dont want my probs. hope i helped.

------------------
Minds are like parachutes~ they only function when open

~~Mel~~

Old 08-26-2003, 01:38 PM   #15
(female)

beachchick112 HB User
i meant CAN'T in the above passage- i CAN'T go anywhere w/o a bra. ~ sry!!!

Closed Thread