It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2003, 07:30 PM   #1

N0thingLsMatters HB User
Question long distance relations

Im 17 and this is the first time I've dated a girl but she lives 90 minustes from my house. she is a year and a half younger then me. I dont drive and she gets her licence in January so we are relying on my parents to take me i dont think her parents like me. We havent kissed yet. So what should I do?

Old 09-03-2003, 07:52 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Jeffrey449 HB User
For the most part, Long Distance relationships dont work out. Very few of them do. Thats a big put back, not being able to drive, you will probably not see her every weekend. You should get to know her better and see if shes worth trying to work on a long distance relationship with.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2003, 07:32 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User
Smile

California is right... I just posted on some other forum that they are nearly impossible to maintain. I mean, if you want to try at it, cool, but its just going to be hard and may end up being more trouble than it's worth.

Old 09-04-2003, 07:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

Redhead23 HB User
I wouldn't really call this "long distance" it's not like you have to get on a plane or anything to see each other. It all depends what you want, are you happy just seeing each other on the weekends or do you want to hang out during the week as well? If your parents are OK with it you could always arrange to stay over at each others' every now and again

Inhibited Perfectionist

Old 09-04-2003, 08:21 AM   #5
(male)

ttomm HB User
Yea I wouldnt call this a long-distance relationship, but being that you cant drive, it makes it harder for you two to see each other. More details would make it easier to give advice on this. How do you know her? How long have you known her? What is your relationship status? Have you talked about this with her.

Old 09-04-2003, 11:03 PM   #6

Nq8 HB User
Talking

If it will cheer you up, let me tell you that my boyfriend is in the Middle East, in Dubai. And I'm here in Miami studying in College. It is really difficult for both of us. Long distance relationship does work, but you need to put in a lot of committment, and you have to trust eachother, and be loyal to one another. Everything will go perfectlly fine, and it's not like you're far away, it's only a 90 mins drive! If you really like this girl so much, it would work... trust me!

Old 09-06-2003, 10:06 AM   #7

N0thingLsMatters HB User
I met her at summer camp. So I have only known her for a couple months. Now as for where the relationship stands im not to sure we havnt talked in a while. I would call her but like i said erlier i dont think her partents like me so she gave me the impretion dont call here to offten.

Closed Thread