It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2003, 11:53 AM   #1

enchanter HB User
Post So White

Everyone around me is tan. I think I am pretty but it goes unnoticed because I am so white. I am seriously really pale. I went to a tanning bed for a few days and stopped. I should try that again but before I do I just wanted to know if there is some way I can tell if I am doomed to be so white. I think it is completely unnattractive and it really upsets me. I have dark brown hair and lighter brown eyes. If I have the pigment for that isnt it the same thing that would allow me to tan? =(

Old 09-07-2003, 12:32 PM   #2

goatofthenever HB User
tan people are overrated
besides getting alot of sun makes your skin rough and leather like, over the years. and i doubt your "seriously really pale".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2003, 12:38 PM   #3

enchanter HB User
Actually I am really pale. Today at work my fellow "friend" was calling me albina. People think its really funny too. They really don't realize that it seriously bothers me and there isn't much I can do about it.

Old 09-07-2003, 12:48 PM   #4

goatofthenever HB User
well just being really white is fine. but do you acctually look pale? in a sickly kind of way?

Old 09-07-2003, 12:52 PM   #5

enchanter HB User
Just pale, but healthy pale. I am a health freak now in ways because I feel like I have to make up for the paleness but having media perfect body. I have gotten a lot fbetter with dealing with it but I just wish there was some way to know before I wasted money and hurt my skin by burning it in a booth. Do guys really look past girls who are pale?

Old 09-07-2003, 01:07 PM   #6

goatofthenever HB User
ahh stop calling it pale and i love white girls, i hate the really tan look of girls who live in a tanning both(who mabye your comparing yourself to?). silky and white thats the way.

Old 09-07-2003, 01:17 PM   #7

goatofthenever HB User
o ya, it can be genetic too. i have a really white friend who says he cant tan. he gets sun burns just no tan. so it could be a waste of money for a tanning bed.

Old 09-07-2003, 01:34 PM   #8
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User
Smile

It's cool! I'm really "pale" too, I hardly ever go out in the sun but thats because I take medications that make my skin really sensitive to the sun. Your skin will be so much healthier later in on life!! Stay away from the tanning beds, they are so evil in more ways that one.

Old 09-07-2003, 01:41 PM   #9

enchanter HB User
Well I am really proud of myself in the fact I am dealing with it a lot better. If I even could have a light tan I would be estatic. I am really not into looking old in a few years but I just get really bothered. Last year it got me so upset, but over the summer I was like why should I care? I mean it isn't like guys aren't interested. I was with my one boyfriend for a year and a half and that was during my Freshman/Sophmore year, and he definatley could of gone out with perfect looking girls so I felt good then (even though now he is with an EXTREMELY tan girl). His friends made fun of me too though and it made me cry a lot. Sometimes I wonder if I were not so pale if I wouldn't of lost him? I would have such a higher self esteem now. Though it has gotten better.

Old 09-07-2003, 02:24 PM   #10

always HB User
i'm "pale" as well, this year i wasn't sickly white though- but guys will look past it [other girls though-... i had some freak out at me because i didn't tan for prom this past year- i don't want to tan, and even if i did- i wouldn't tan anyways- i burn and peel]- my boyfriend doesn't care what shade my skin is- although it looks kind of odd- he tans out naturally-- but he also has a good chance of skin cancer from genetics- [ ]
it's good to see that you aren't taking it hard on yourself, if a guy breaks up with you because you have a fair complection- then, well... he's shallow- and you'll find someone who's better than that-- stay safe and good luck to you

Old 09-07-2003, 06:14 PM   #11

lostwou14 HB User
Smile

well if it helps any, i know this girl a grade above me and she's pale as anything but she has so much self confidence and she's so sweet that she's really popular and all the guys like her and she has a great boyfriend.. so maybe if u have confidence being pale won't make much of a difference i also get teased a LOT about being short and for a while it ****** me off, but then i just started making fun of myself and people finally got tired of making fun of me for it and when they do tease me, i dont really care.

Old 09-09-2003, 12:09 PM   #12

sweetlilsurfer HB User
Angry

hey,
i am tan but i do not spend my whole life in a tanning bed, infact i have only been once the whole summer!! it is called the beach hun!! just lay out like every day or so but no longer than 3 hours!! i mean eventually somethings gotta happen..or you could buy that tanning oil!!

[This message has been edited by sweetlilsurfer (edited 09-09-2003).]

Old 09-09-2003, 04:18 PM   #13
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User
Smile

What about a tan in a bottle? Take it the safe way if you wanna take it that way at all.

Old 09-09-2003, 08:45 PM   #14

armageddon69 HB User
Hey, get some sunless tanning oil

Old 09-10-2003, 02:52 PM   #15

jenguard82 HB User
I don't think that there is anything wrong with being white. I can get tan if I want to but I guess being tan isn't important enough to me. No one seems to mind it either, and no one has ever made a comment to me. I still get tons of guys that like me and I am as white as they come. Be proud of who you are and hold your head up, you are beautiful and don't let anyone tell you different.

Closed Thread