It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2003, 11:41 AM   #1

ShortLiLBlondie HB User
Cool Belly Button Piercing

I want to get my belly button pierced. I am 18 so i can sign for it myself. The only problem is i am afraid it will hurt I am a big baby when it comes to pain but i REALLY want to get it done. some people say it hurts and others say it doesn't. The other thing i am worried about is infection. is there a high risk of infection when you get your belly button peirced? My last question is how long do you have too wait before you can change your belly button ring? Please Help!!

Old 09-01-2003, 12:20 PM   #2

LesserThanJake HB User
I just got mine pierced 3 weeks ago, and really, the easiest way to explain the pain is that it feels like a blood test or a shot. The initial piercing doesn't hurt, but it is sore afterwards..but nothing that is unbearable. Mine has already been infected...but its not like a huge deal as long as you do something to clear up the infection. Also, you're piercing won't be healed for 3 months, but they say it's pretty safe to change the ring/barbell after 6 weeks--as long as it isn't still sore or infected.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2003, 01:16 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

DoOoOoM HB User
grow some balls and get the belly button ring already!

Old 09-01-2003, 07:35 PM   #4

TranscendingAbyss HB User
look up onetribe (no space) online.. I can't give you the url but they'll give you all the information you need as far as length of time.. healing.. aftercare.. and pain

Old 09-02-2003, 07:41 AM   #5
Inactive

James44_20 HB User
My girlfriend got her's pierced recently and believe me, she is no fan of being in pain. She is quite wimpy when it comes to that as well. She said it hurt a fair bit but nothing too bad. Hers has never been infected. Besides if it does become too infected, just take it out and let it heal over. No big deal right?

Old 09-04-2003, 05:47 PM   #6

prstar14 HB User
Talking

i got mines done 3 months ago and i love it and i dont regret it at all......u wont either....it doesnt hurt trust me

Old 09-04-2003, 05:56 PM   #7

The Truth Hurts HB User
Angry

First of all it does hurt, I got mine done like a year ago. The only problem with asking other people is they all 4GET. Just like a bunch of dumb asses. Ever get a really bad shot? or a bad cavity? and any one ever ask you how it went, after some time has passed? what do you most times say? Right off the top of your head? ďNo it wasnít so bad, or it didnít hurtĒ But if you really remember back, you know what it did hurt? Didnít it? Truth is it will hurt, some more then others, but hurt non the less. My advice is to bring a close friend and suck it up, its done in about a second. And almost all of them get infected, very few donít, but almost all of them heal with time, just keep it clean.

Truthfully Yours.
The Truth Hurts.

Old 09-05-2003, 10:00 PM   #8

Miranda2626 HB User
Talking

mine did not hurt!..a lil i mean LITTLE sore after but it was not bad at all and if u clean it like u are suppose to and you take good care of it than you should be fine. it takes 3 months for it to heal. also u cannot take baths or swim anything like that for 3 months until it is completely healed! okay well good luck and it is really isnt a big deal just go for it but make sure u go to a really good piercer and a CLEAN place..look around 1st!

Old 09-07-2003, 10:48 AM   #9

Cute*Kitten HB User
My piercing didn't hurt at all, although was a little sore the day after. It didn't get infected, for the first 3 weeks I cleaned it 2 or 3 times a day and dabbed on antibacterial cream. The bath and swimming thing doesn't make a difference. I did all the normal stuff, and went swimming the week after. just make sure you keep your antibacterial cream and Q-tips handy ALWAYS.

------------------
~*Snai Mandi*~

Old 09-13-2003, 06:55 PM   #10
(female)

CamoLov3 HB User
I got my bellybutton (navel) pierced when i was 13.. it doesnt hurt much.. but there is still some pain. i suggest you dont go to anyone.. maybe find a place new where you live and go in.. talk to them about how they do it.. sometimes you can even watch them do it to another person.. with the other persons permision of course but still its worth it in the long run. When you get it peirced it bleeds but not alot.. just dont touch it!!!!! if you touch it or others touch it then it gets infected. when they pierce it take a deep breath and think of something.. good (special someone, family, what you are doing that day) and BANG its over.. not much to it. If they dont supply you with a Care Box then you need to go to any local store and get some Sea Salt. Mix the sea salt with water and out in a cup.. lay down.. and put the cup over the belly button and hold there for about 5 min. do that about three times a day. You shouldnt change it for about 4 months.. i changed mine at 3 and it got infected but didnt close up.. i still have it :-).. so i would say dont change it until there is no pain.. no bleeding.. it doesnt hurt to touch it.. and its at least about 3 months. and dont get a dangle ring for a little while after you change it because if it gets caught it hurts real bad. dont worry the very little amount of pain is worth it for the out come.. with in the next month i am getting my bottom bellybutton pierced :-D so i am looking forward to it.. good luck and have fun with is.. its fun to show off.!!!

Closed Thread