It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2003, 07:14 PM   #1

lostwou14 HB User
Red face How do i let him down easy?

k, there's this guy who really likes me. he's told me and he wants to know weather i like him back. the thing is, i dont. he's a great guy and a great friend, but in my eyes, nothing more. how do i tell him that i dont like him without hurting him too badly?
-me-

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2003, 08:15 PM   #2

I LoVe tO fLiRt HB User
hey i have an :idea: just tell him that you should just stay friends and explane what going out does to friend ship and that you still love him :love: well as a friend

------------------
~*~JasiLynn~*~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2003, 01:55 AM   #3

FirestormZero HB User
Hmmm... before you do anything, think about how a relationship between the two of you might be. Just think for a bit. If what you see is good or fun, then go for it. Remember this: If you go out with this guy, but do not put out anything, you will be seen as wanted. When you break up with him and become "available" there will be people who will want you. In the meanwhile, have fun with a nice guy, deepen your friendship. And then... after a few weeks or when he starts makin moves on you... "Why can't we be friends! Why can't we be friends!" er.. just say you want to be friends. He will have gotten to go out with you (( increasing his rep)) you will have gone out with him for a bit ((increasing yours)) and you will both get the best of it. Remember this men and women are adversaries. Sometimes we can be friends, but it often is best to just leave it as a kind of battle.

Old 09-18-2003, 01:17 AM   #4

viginneedshelp HB User
hey im a guy and i just wanna give u some advice
one thing that guys dont wanna hear from a girl is that u just wanna be friends. it kinda makes us think that you like someone else and dont wannna say it.

AIM SN IS slipwnbknot

Old 09-18-2003, 04:25 PM   #5
(female)

CamoLov3 HB User
Virginneedshelp is right but you need to be truthful! please tell him that you want to remain friends because you think that if you go out and something happens and you break up you wont befiends.. and you want his friendship more.. even though for the guys its a sad truth it doesnt mean that you have to humor then and say yes to anything.. because there are three things most guys dont like to hear are

1 Dont
2 Stop
3 I just wanna be friends

dont let him or anyone pressure you into anything

Stay friends if thats what you like

and if he cares enough about you then he will honor your decision
take care

EP07

Closed Thread