It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2003, 08:38 PM   #1

Scooterman HB User
Post 16 and never had a real girlfriend

Is that just pathetic?

I've had "girlfriends" sure......but those were in 6th/7th/8th grade and lasted for about 3 weeks and all we did was hold hands at football games, talk on the phone and go to the occasional movie and kiss maybe once or twice.

But since I've been in high school I haven't had a real girlfriend. It's weird because suddenly the average relationship is a year+ rather 2-3 weeks....

Frankly I'm not interested in many girls at my school. I'm thinking about just trying to DATE some girls, just so I won't look like a loser to my friends but I really dunno. I'm friends with lots of girls but I have no idea if I have any "skills" anymore. It's been so damn long lol. Any advice?

Old 08-22-2003, 08:48 PM   #2

Kingofthedead HB User
hey,
k, first off, dont go out with a girl just to impress ure buddies. thats a big no-no. if you likea girl id say go for it and ask her out, and if you dont like any1...so what. Theres tons of guys out there who are in he same situation as you..well...almost everyone. also, you say ure friends with alot of these girls, well do any of them flirt with you a bit?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2003, 09:21 PM   #3

CamaroGuy HB User
I like what Kingofthedead said. Never get a girlfriend for any reason other than you like her.

Anyway, i'm 19 & have never had a real girlfriend. I've basically the same situation as you (nothing longer than a couple weeks). Just wanted to let you know there are other guys like you out there.

-Patrick

"If I could as well enclose my thoughts in verses as I enclose them
in my heart..." -Petrarch

Old 08-22-2003, 09:45 PM   #4

Hot Ice HB User
You're only 16. I know plenty of guys who are over 20 and don't have serious relationship. And that DOESN'T make one pathetic.

Have you ever heard the Ideal Mate theory or the "love at first sight?" The point is, don't try to like or date a girl just because of your need to climb up the social ladder and to keep this Alpha-I'm-not-a-loser fascade.

Dating WILL happen to you eventually. What's the rush? Try to avoid peer pressure. I'm pretty sure you can enjoy yourself without a girlfriend. Stop thinking about what other guys think of you. Maybe they don't even think or care that you don't have a steady girlfriend. Why would they care if you don't?

[This message has been edited by Hot Ice (edited 08-23-2003).]

Old 08-22-2003, 09:47 PM   #5

CamaroGuy HB User
That was the articulate way of saying what I was trying to say.

-Patrick

"If I could as well enclose my thoughts in verses as I enclose them
in my heart..." -Petrarch

Old 08-22-2003, 11:57 PM   #6

chickadee99 HB User
Well, I'm not a guy, but I'm 17 and have never had a real boyfriend, so it's no big deal. In fact, I've never had a date-no junior high last-a-couple-of-weeks deal either. And they're right; don't go out with a girl just to be "going out with a girl". Everyone does things on their own time, so don't worry; your time will come when you have a "real" girlfriend!

Old 08-23-2003, 05:16 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

upshutter17 HB User
Hey don't sweat it, I'm turning 18 in like 2 weeks and I've never had a boyfriend. Don't worry about it.

------------------
~I am but one small instrument~
~Smile, you live longer~
Paradigm shift to proactivity saves lives.
A smile will save this world, some of us just don't know that yet.

Old 08-24-2003, 11:15 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
Your not weird, it's normal, your time will come.

Old 09-21-2003, 11:08 PM   #9

amar604 HB User
I am 19 and never had a serious relationship. It's just that I don't want one for some strange reason. Is that wierd.

[This message has been edited by amar604 (edited 09-28-2003).]

Old 09-25-2003, 09:01 PM   #10

CrazyBoutLinkinPark HB User
I'm a 16 and I've never had a serious relationship. I really want a boyfriend, but I don't want to go out with just some random guy.

Old 09-25-2003, 09:19 PM   #11

YFS500 HB User
I'm 15 and I'm with my first actual g/f now. I actually think I'm better off now because I waited for a while to actually start going with a girl. Sorry, I'll post more tomorrow, kinda tired tonight.

Old 09-26-2003, 11:17 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

TeTr01 HB User
I don't see how not having a GF makes you look like a loser, you shouldn't want a GF so that your friends won't make fun of you! You just need to give yourself time to find someone that you are really interested in. Why would you want to just date someone for the heck of it? If you want to have a real relationship with a girl that is not just the 6th grade 'dating' thing, then you need to wait for the right girl to come along. When you meet her & get to know her - you will just know that you are right for each other!

My BF & I met when we were 16 thru friends, we didn't go to the same school (he lives in the next town over). It just so happened that his best friend moved to my town with his mom & started at my school. His friend started talking to one of my best friends b/c they lived in the same condo complex & took the same bus to school. That is how we originally all started hanging out. My BF actually had a GF when I first met him & I was a little disappointed b/c I liked him a lot, but we got to know each other really well over the next few months & she ended up breaking up with him just after Christmas. We knew there was something very special between the 2 of us & when he 'asked me out', he made me wait & think about it before he would accept an answer. Now we are 21 & still together.

I am not saying that you have to find the girl of your dreams & the one you will marry right now, it doesn't work that way for everyone. But if you want to be in a meaningful relationship, you should just wait & not stress about it. The more you worry about it, the harder it is to wait & then you end up just seeing people that you wouldn't normally see yourself with & it only lasts a few weeks. But then again, if you take a chance on someone that you don't think it will work out with, that may be where you find your girl! Life works in mysterious ways...

Good luck !

Old 09-26-2003, 09:57 PM   #13
Inactive
(male)

james 4567 HB User
oof..im back..with the good advice...heheh...hey, i feel like im the only halfway intelegent person in my school, i mean..i can back it up, but i dont want to get into it. Anyway, if your not interested in the girls at your school, its not ur fault, its theirs, theyre .. probably not interesting.

I know the pressure your feeling to have a girlfriend, everybody else has one, if you dont your the one who CANT GET one, if you dont want one, your gay. (in the peer pressure perspective, im totally non-homophobic)

im not good at maintaining a relationship, i've had two girlfriends recently, and i know for a fact its their fault, but then again, with me, its ALWAYS the girls faults, so i guess it must be my fault, so truthfully, you really need to meet your match, i guess quality over quantity is how you'll succeed with women, while your friends will just get alot of nothin..

***hey camaro ;]

Old 09-26-2003, 10:04 PM   #14
(female)

AutumnMist HB User
Don't worry about it. A good friend of mine is 19 and he didn't have his first girlfriend til the last couple months of his senior year in high school. Oh, and he's a really good looking guy too.

Old 11-17-2003, 02:07 PM   #15

danielle369 HB User
hey.
me n my boyfriend have been together for like a month and a half but are reaaly close now we already say i love you and talk about how much we love eachother but i was kinda scared at first because i never had a real relationship before except like once or twice but i didnt know if i wanted to get really deep into one but now im really glad i did.I know what you mean about the whole 2 or 3 week thing because i was like that for a while but you just get sick of it and want something real i guess.im a freshman and hes a sophmore i know ur a guy and u dont have to know this but hes good looking and i was talking to his mom and she said he never really had someone to care so much about.but i think u should go for it and having a real boyfriend or girlfriend doesn't matter and if ur just friends with benfits with someone alls that causes it just a whole lot a problems.I learned that before i was with my b.f. now and the guy was his ex best friend but yea we were friends with benefits or (kicks) and he told like everyone at school (i got him back!)and i was the new girl so my reputation isnt that great but i was so happy that he still wanted me after all that .just dont get urself into a mess like i did because it's not worth it and when u really want a g.f. she wont be there but i got really lucky. l8ters

Closed Thread