It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2003, 07:29 AM   #1

ahmel HB User
Unhappy Navel piercing

Just wondering whether does washing with jus saline be enough?

coz i pierced mine two days ago and the piercer didnt give me any aftercare guide..

my friend who did hers a few years ago said tht saline would be enough..

and also, how do u actually clean it? I just spray the saline on it, move the piercing a little and then spray the saline again and then wipe clean

thirdly, is it supposed to have this throbbing pain? coz when piercing, it was alright, but today there was this throbbing pain on it!

Old 08-17-2003, 02:25 PM   #2

50000TearsIveCried HB User
Wash 2 to 3 times a day with dial soap. The throbbing usually happens right after the piercing because it's sore (Mine stopped throbbing the next day, so perhapsthe solution you're using aggrivated it) As long as you don't have a rusty colored or green pus comming from the hole, it's alright.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2003, 07:12 PM   #3

ahmel HB User
dial soap?if i use provon soap should be enough?

just foam it up and rub it against the piercing for a while?
thanks for yr help!

Old 08-17-2003, 11:07 PM   #4

ahmel HB User
can i use epson salt to soak it? since i cant seem to find sea salt anywhere!

and also while washing, should i try turning the jewelry? im using a slightly curved bar (banana curved stud)

Old 08-18-2003, 05:25 PM   #5

I'm not too sure, Dial soap is the one soap I've heard of that has never gotten a complaint. As for the sea salt, I don't suggest you use anythign but that, considering most other salts are very irritating to a piercing. Personally, I think Dial soap is all you need. When washing your piercing push the barbell up and down so it gets all in there and make sure to wash it clean. Also use the palm of your hand and make a circular motion over the piercing so it moves it around.

[This message has been edited by 50000TearsIveCried (edited 08-18-2003).]

Old 08-18-2003, 07:47 PM   #6

True, sea salt is good for infections. But, I still suggest washing 2-3 times a day with just Dial. If any problems occur with that which I don't think they will as long as you do not touch your piercing any other time, then you can incorporate sea salts...remember, less is more.

Old 08-19-2003, 05:53 PM   #7

ahmel HB User
Angry

oh thanks a lOT! i guess the throbbing and the tightness around my navel is normal then. phew..i was getting worried there for a while. Im still finding for dial soap here..but then its not available anywhere..still using saline at the moment

can i just ask one more question? sorry to be troubling you all like this.

right beneath the stud (the upper one - im wearing a curved barbell), a bit of my skin had turn a little purplish red and swollen. Is tht normal?

Old 08-19-2003, 06:23 PM   #8

ahmel HB User
will dettol soap work? when washing it, i cant push the barbell up and down, there is no space for it. i can just twist it left and right. tht should be sufficient right?

lets hope its not an infection

Old 08-20-2003, 07:11 AM   #9

As long as it's an anti bac soap it will work.
Now when you say swollen do you mean the area is a bit puffy...or there's a bump? A common misconception, which even many piercers have, is that keloids can form on belly buttons...they can't. It's actually a cyst, when one developes (IF! It's actually pretty common though) that is when you really should incorporate sea salts. Now, do me a favor, go back to your piercer and ask if its possible to change to a CBR. Barbels are much too irritating to wear during the healing process. I don't see why your piercer allowed it, but I really wish he/or shee wouldn't have. Barbels cause so many problems when worn during the first few months, and it seems to already have started some. I'm not sure if your piercer will change your jewelry to a ring because it may make it prone to infection by changing it early, but it's worth a shot. Rings speed up healing time, plus they are much easier to clean. Part of the reason you can't move your barbel around is because your skin is still swollen.

Old 08-20-2003, 03:11 PM   #10

lil_nikki HB User
there is proper after peicing kits and sprays u can get from ur chemist/pharmasist... get down there and see about picking up a bottle of savlon thats wot i had in my first few months of getting my belly peirced..... i used savlon and my friend used nothing, another friend used some special soap.... both of theirs got infected and mine never has infact it luks gr8 i luv it make sure u wash with savlon at least twice a day

------------------
xxx lil' nikki xxx

Old 08-20-2003, 03:50 PM   #11

ahmel HB User
okay..thanks.. i think changing the barbell is kinda out of the question though since i cant find my piercer. i will go and buy the epson salt and the savlon! maybe its all red coz im moving around too much? ugh..i'll try not to move too much

Old 08-21-2003, 08:41 PM   #12

FNP, that's funny, I've spoken to professional piercers who say other wise. Every1s different you know lol. Oh well.

Old 08-23-2003, 07:41 PM   #13

ahmel HB User
Unhappy

if around the piercing there is this whitish bump around it, is that infection? but its dry and not coming out puss

Old 08-25-2003, 01:29 AM   #14

ahmel HB User
mm after washing, i used this cotton stick to dry the area. tht white thingy came off. now its just a lil red around it. thanks for yr help! if it persist,i'll go to some piercers (professionals ones are a lil hard to find though) to get an opinion on it

Old 09-29-2003, 06:39 AM   #15

JD_Girl HB User
I got my belly pierced on June 26th, and just last month I had my piercing changed from the ring to a bar bell. My question is, the other morning I woke up, and my piercing had fallen out, I can't seem to put it back in. How long does it for the piercing to close?

Closed Thread