It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2003, 10:24 PM   #1

Geek_USA HB User
Post Acne?

I got some Acne all of a sudden, not bad but its visible after I take a shower. I have a gf, exept she wont be there forever since she will move in 2 weeks.

DO girls like boycott going out with guys, who got acne? its just a bit..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2003, 12:21 AM   #2
(male)

andrew127 HB User
I dont really know much but i do know this:

After your have showered your pours (or however u spell it) are open so any little zit or whatever on your face will be red and you will be able to see it quite well.

If you wait 20 minutes after you get out of the shower the redness will go down and you will only be able to see the bigger zits.

Also i find that if your in a bathroom with no window and just fake light it also makes it look worse than it actually is so what i do is go into the other bathroom with a window and open the blinds and look at my face there and it looks a whole lot better than it does under fake light.

I don't have Acne but i do get breakouts every month or so.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2003, 08:29 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User
Smile

I don't think she should dump you just because a few zits. I mean come on. That would be beyond horrible. But if shes moving it might be hard to maintain a relationship anyway. Long-distance relationships are nearly impossible, believe me.

Old 09-05-2003, 02:16 PM   #4

TranscendingAbyss HB User
acctually.. it's kind of funny... one of my biggest crushes ever was on a guy who had a moderate case of acne.. AND glasses...

really though she's right.. right after a shower the warm water has drawn all the blood in to fight off the bacteria so it's going to show up REALLY bad... I have alot of people compliment me on my skin.. very smooth and pale.. alot like a bisque doll.. but if anyone saw me right after a shower they'd think my face was a pizza..

if you have to go anywhere immediately after your shower and you want it to go away, either rinse your face with really really cold water or rub an icecube over it.. it pushes the blood off the surface and the redness goes away

Old 09-05-2003, 06:09 PM   #5

Geek_USA HB User
Thanks,

I took the advice, I checked outside about an hour later, and I could only see a few big ones on my cheek.

I suppose its not as bad is it looks right after the shower.

Old 09-06-2003, 12:25 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
It doesn't worry me if a guy has acne, they can't help it.

Old 09-06-2003, 11:31 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User
Smile

My face usually looks better after taking a shower... ?? But my skin isn't that bad to begin with, so I don't know.

Old 09-13-2003, 09:10 PM   #8
(female)

CamoLov3 HB User
long distance relationship wont last but if your still worried about the other gurls liking you dont be worried because if they like you they should like you for you not just your looks.. those are sleezy people but if you really want some help go to your dermatologist.. and ask if you can get a prescription of Benzamycin. it cleared my skin in a week and i had really bad acne.. but its so clear and i have very little pimples or acne.

Old 09-17-2003, 05:23 PM   #9

CraziiDaizii07 HB User
dont be silly. its not their fault that they have acne. i even have acne. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/jester.gif

:CD7: http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif

[This message has been edited by CraziiDaizii07 (edited 09-17-2003).]

Old 10-15-2003, 09:01 PM   #10

CuTiLiCiOuS04 HB User
acne isnt a big deal... i worry about the same thing. DONT WORRY! especially if its not bad... im sure it wont really matter!

Old 10-16-2003, 03:01 PM   #11
Inactive

Kizzzee HB User
Talking

im 13 and every1 makes fun of me for NOT having acne..b lucky! lol i think guys are HOTTER wit acne...i wish i had it myself but i ahvent gotten it...so im just wishing i did...u guysr prlly gon think im weird..o well lol. good luck

Closed Thread