It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2003, 02:43 PM   #1

roxychic88 HB User
Question guys older than you

ok...if there is a guy that is older than you..but you have mixed feelings about them what do you do? sometimes you feel like you are just friends but at other times you feel like it could be taken to different limits...as long as people arent around..but he is 7 years older than me!! is that too much? or is it ok? esspecially with these feelings i am having..and if it is too much..how do i get rit of the feelings?

Old 09-01-2003, 04:18 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Jeffrey449 HB User
7 years is alot. When you get older and you maybe 25 and hes 32 it might not be much but if your like 14 and hes 21 thats too much. Its called Jailbait if hes 17 or 18 and your under that (like if your dating). There is no real cure to getting rid of them, just time and looking for someone else.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2003, 06:24 PM   #3

wondertwin44 HB User
As was said before, it depends on your age. Personally, I think 7 years is a big differance. I'm 19 and wouldn't date a guy 7 years older than me even though, legally, I could. I think if you want the guy in your life, you should just stay friends with him.

------------------
Game over. I had to accept the fact that in life some women are simply better and no amount of shoes or lack of pastry or making of pies will change that. I will never be the woman with the perfect hair who can wear white and not spill on it and chair committees and write thank you notes. And I can't feel bad about that.
Carrie, ~SATC~
Game over. I had to accept the fact that in life some women are simply better and no amount of shoes or lack of pastry or making of pies will change that. I will never be the woman with the perfect hair who can wear white and not spill on it and chair committees and write thank you notes. And I can't feel bad about that.
Carrie, ~SATC~

Old 09-01-2003, 08:53 PM   #4

Geek_USA HB User
I hate this..

Girls my age (im 15..but I mean all of them 13-16) are into older guys now. Its like new and in, to have a bf years older then you.

Eh, I so understand gay guys now..if only I was gay...

Old 09-02-2003, 05:06 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

Redhead23 HB User
As others have said it depends on your own age, too. A guy that's maybe two or three years older can be great in high school/college (as long as you're not having sex or you're of legal age) because girls often mature faster than guys, but in most cases a guy in his twenties doesn't go out with a high school kid unless she's "putting it out" a bit too liberally or he's very immature and can't get a girl closer to his own age.

As you get older the difference matters less and less - once you're in your twenties age difference doesn't matter as much any more, although it all depends on the individuals involved!

Inhibited Perfectionist

Old 09-02-2003, 07:01 AM   #6

roxychic88 HB User
well i am 15 and he is 22 and im not putting anything out!! but i dont know!! i gues yall are right!

Old 09-02-2003, 07:10 AM   #7
Inactive

James44_20 HB User
I don't really think that 15 and 22 is all that bad. I mean, it could spell trouble for him but if you feel like you can have a good relationship with him, then maybe give it a shot. As for myself, if I was 22, I wouldn't date a 15 year old but maybe I can say that because I'm not in that situation.

Old 09-02-2003, 12:53 PM   #8
Inactive

Gine2D HB User
I think that child molesting is against the law in all states. 22 year old guy with a 15 yr old girl,, yukk.

He must have a bad problems to have to go that young to get some action.

I hope he is arrested & jailed.

Run from him,

G

Old 09-02-2003, 02:50 PM   #9

roxychic88 HB User
no its not liek that hes not desperate...there are plenty of girls that like him his age..and it makes me feel good that he is showing me off to other girls his age..and im not giving him anything i havnt even kissd him yet..and hes NOT molesting me..i mean he has not pushed me at all.. i really love him.. i think!

Old 09-02-2003, 06:39 PM   #10

wondertwin44 HB User
15 and 22 really is a big difference. I kind of have to wonder what a 15 year old has in common with a 22 year old. Sure, there are some things, but generally you are both in completely different stages of life. I like younger guys, but if I were 22, I wouldn't go for a 15 year old. That is just too big of an age difference.

------------------
Carrie, ~SATC~
Carrie, ~SATC~

Old 10-15-2003, 11:46 AM   #11

CuTiLiCiOuS04 HB User
i think 7 years is a lil much... my boyfriend is 21 and im 17... and 3 years in school grades. i wouldnt go much over that. i think guys that are a lil older r great tho... theyre more mature. cuz girls mature quicker than guys so it makes sense! LOL!! its true but yeah... i dont know about 7 years tho.. thats a lot! b careful!

Old 10-15-2003, 01:30 PM   #12

goatofthenever HB User
like others said it isnt a big deal if your older, like my parents are 7 years apart. but 15 and 22 is somewhat of a taboo for todays society. but hey if it was like a couple hundred years ago it wouldnt matter at all. edger allen poe married his 13 year old cusin when he was in his 40's.

Old 10-15-2003, 06:04 PM   #13

lil T HB User
depends if your 14, 15, 16, or even 17! if you love someone, then you do..age doesnt matter, unless its illegal!!

Old 10-15-2003, 09:20 PM   #14

VeganLady HB User
It all really depends on the people involved. When I was 15 there was no way I could have dated someone within 2 years of my own age, mostly because they were so immature! My b/f is almost 5 years older than me. We started dating back in high school, when I was 13 and he was 18. No one really made a big deal because were I lived (small, hick town) it was the norm. We're still together and have a great relationship, so, I'm not against it. Make sure your parents are okay with it though, because they could get him in trouble for dating you. You're 15, so you should have some idea of whether or not this guy just wants to 'use' you. Just make sure you trust him, etc. I say age isn't a big deal if the people involved are mature enough to deal with it. Good luck to you.

Old 10-16-2003, 06:08 PM   #15
Inactive

Kizzzee HB User
i never noticed it was "in" lol, but mayb ppl are getting sick of immiture guys?

Closed Thread