It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2003, 04:29 PM   #1

strawberryblu4u HB User
Angry When I get embarrased.....READ PLZ!

ok, this has been happening since like 8th grade (im a sophmore now) whenever I do presentations in front of the class or like talk in a big group I ALWAYS turn red! its not just cute little blushing on the cheeks, its big red blotches covering all my cheeks and my neck gets all red and my chest gets all red, its sooo terrible!! This happens all the time and I'm like the only one who does it none of my family does! Please someone help me. I cry all the time about it, it sux. its not like im really shy cuz im not its just that i get soo red. do u think its really a big deal? tell the truth plz!
thanx!!

Old 09-06-2003, 06:14 PM   #2

soccrgurl12 HB User
maybe you just dont like being up in front of people. i used to have that problem (kinda). except my ears would get all red and everyone would laugh and tease me. i just learned to deal w/it and pretty soon it stopped. does it just happen when you get up in front of people?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2003, 07:10 PM   #3
(female)

AutumnMist HB User
You're just nervous. I used to be like that, but back when I was in middle school. Now I just don't care anymore.

Old 09-06-2003, 09:30 PM   #4

curious333 HB User
ur just nervous, just try to calm down and not let presenting in front of ppl get to you.

Old 09-06-2003, 10:43 PM   #5

chickadee99 HB User
One time I was shopping with a friend of mine, and we were looking for picture frames. (We never go shopping together and hardly ever see each other.) I think what happened is we were in line to pay for a frame, and when it was our turn, we found out that the frame cost more than we thought; we didn't have that much money. So my friend's face turned very red as we left to go back to the frames. I probably shouldn't have, but I was like, "Wow, your face really does get red." I guess she was just a little embarrassed? But I think I remember her saying she didn't know why it would do that. I wouldn't say she is shy, either - maybe just around people she has never met. She's friendly and talkative and likes to be the center of attention. Just thought I'd share.

Old 09-06-2003, 11:08 PM   #6

Adilald HB User
Hello some times my face turns red too when I am embarrased. But I dont let it bother me. Just dont let it bother you,

Old 09-07-2003, 10:23 AM   #7

Cute*Kitten HB User
Thumbs up

You could try getting over it on your own, by practicing your presentation to your friends and family so you won't be so nervous when the time come. Two other options would be the quick fix, make-up, so when you start to turn red its not so visible *and/or* you could talk to your doctor about social anxiety disorder (which I have a mild case of). This is when no matter what you do you'll still feel very nervous when in front of people. If you do have this, you're doctor can prescribe a med (I had Zoloft) for you and you'll be fine

------------------
~*Snai Mandi*~

Old 09-07-2003, 05:20 PM   #8
(female)

dianabarry HB User
The exact same thing happens to me. It's like a heat in the face. Whenever i get it, it looks like some kind of allergy or something. it happens mostly on the side of my face and my neck. they look like huge red sploches. I actually think this is a condition, I saw it once on TV, some guy said he had the same thing. whenever he gets embarassed, excited, or anything like that his face and neck start with the blushing. It can be very embarassing. It happens to me sometimes even when i am not embarassed. When I feel the heat in my face, I know that I am bright red without looking in the mirror. I hate it! I think there is something that can be done about it, with some laser, but I am not too sure. I am also very shy, so I turn red whenever people are looking at me or anything like that.

Old 09-07-2003, 07:46 PM   #9

YFS500 HB User
I get real red in the face sometimes too! When ever I'm in front of the class presenting, I just get red. Well my face feels really hot, but it usually doesn't get super red. However, if I'm at a family thing, or any place with a lot of people and someone is talking to me, it happens then too.

Old 09-08-2003, 04:44 PM   #10

laxyman HB User
Wink

just dont worry about it, try and maybe relax a little when ur reading or w/e

Old 09-10-2003, 01:25 PM   #11

strawberryblu4u HB User
hey dianabarry thats excactly wut happens, it feels like im burning up! thank u so much everybody im staying home "sick" today becuz we have a presentation in English! isnt that so sad of me? ohwell tho i guess i should get used to it but i NEVER see anyone like me so i just feel alone k thanx again everyone it makes me feel a lil better that there r sum ppl that blushes bad like me.

Old 09-13-2003, 12:18 PM   #12

Shrine HB User
Arrow

you might have rosasia, which is a medical problem and can be downplayed with medication.

Old 09-16-2003, 06:47 PM   #13

CraziiDaizii07 HB User
no you don't have roscia (mispelt) this happens to me also. do you have red cheeks all the time or just when you are embarrassed or nervous? if these are the only times your red cheeks appear, it's just a physical sign of anxiety or nervousness. if not, get them checked by a doctor.

------------------
.:CraziiDaizii:.

Old 09-17-2003, 01:37 AM   #14
(male)

Ric HB User
In my experience you normally turn red when your anxious about something. It could be everybodies attention diverting to you, the feeling everybody around you is staring at you or laughing at you. I'm no psychologist but there's normally a reason behind it, like when you was a kid, you did something and everyone laughed at you or thought you was stupid. Later in life these thing's come back to haunt you. The best way to deal with it is when it happens next think about what is making you embarrassed, what are you scared of? Normally if you confront the problem it's easier to deal with.

Old 09-22-2003, 11:27 PM   #15

obietrice HB User
Wink

maybe you need a little help... are you a vergin...wait until you have sex..you will turn so red cause you are a tighty that you'll tun into a straberry. i swear iv' seen it happen
peace

obie trice

Closed Thread