It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2003, 02:43 PM   #1
Strawberries&Cream15

Question Boy problem

Hey everybody. My name is samantha and i am a <deleted> in high school. I've just started getting into dating and i have a problem. This guy and i both like eachother but he won't make a move. He won't ask me anything. He says he doesn't want a girlfriend but all his freinds say he wants to ask me out. I don't want to seem to desperate if i ask him. We have really great converstaions and he makes me feel like i want to be a better person. So what should i do? Should i move on or hold on?

[This message has been edited by tntmod5 (edited 05-30-2003).]

Old 05-30-2003, 04:05 AM   #2

blondy15 HB User
Exclamation

Well talk to him about it, asking him out doesent have to be strite up fowered, u no just say somthing like i really like you and maybe we should u no hang out more or somthing or move it to the next level

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2003, 10:21 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User
Shy guys can make great, and faithful, boyfriends. I mean, if they are too shy to ask _you_ out, he will be too shy to ever cheat on you, right? Well, OK, this isn't always true, but it puts the odds more in your favor.

I say to go on and ask him out yourself. It can be for something simple, may even to help you pick out something for you Dad for father days.

Old 06-04-2003, 10:02 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

toaskornottoask HB User
Does this guy always ask you to do things, like just the two of you? If you ALWAYS do things together, that'd basically be an assumed position of going out, but officially I would tell him how much you like him and see what he does...

Old 06-05-2003, 04:50 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
Just ask him out. Or do things together. Walk him home, sit with him at lunch.

Old 06-06-2003, 12:19 AM   #6
Inactive

netviper13 HB User
You should make the first move in this case. You know it really sucks being expected to make the first love all the time, I mean people shouldn't have to wonder why guys are so afraid of rejection, we're the ones being rejected all the time!

Not to say many girls don't make the first move, because quite a few do, but this whole "the guy has to make the first move" business is old hat.

Take the initiative, and I think you'll be pleased with the results.

Old 06-06-2003, 09:42 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

KarlT HB User
hi im <deleted> years old and still in high skool and im kinda shy guy myself and i never ask girls out cos im soo afraid if they reject me so i prefer that girls make the first move on lads

[This message has been edited by tntmod5 (edited 06-07-2003).]

Old 10-17-2003, 08:51 PM   #8

CrazyBoutLinkinPark HB User
I totally have the same problem! Unfortunately, I'm useless because I have no idea what to do myself! Help?

Old 10-18-2003, 12:31 PM   #9

crazybabe_2003 HB User
ask him to go to the movies like ""just friends"" and if he wont make the first move why dont you?

[This message has been edited by crazybabe_2003 (edited 10-18-2003).]

Old 10-18-2003, 05:26 PM   #10

Cute*Kitten HB User
Just stop worrying about all the titles: are we friends, is he my boyfriend.. etc. WHO CARES, as long as you two are happy and you're having fun together just leave well enough alone. If you want the title as boyfriend and girlfriend, hint at it slighty but don't be pushy because if he REALLY doesn't want a 'girlfriend' and wasn't being shy when he said that, it may drive him away... Just stop worrying and have fun.

------------------
~*Snai Mandi*~

Old 10-19-2003, 05:44 AM   #11

fabulousx HB User
So many of friends have had the same problem! I always say to them if you dont ask you will never know. Judging from your description of how he is with you you would probably be ok asking him about going a little further. I think girls making the first move is great cos a lot of guys must be fed up with the expectatios of them. It would take the heat off them a bit and it may even be sexy to make the first move(maybe im just impatient and cant be doing with waiting around. In the end do what you feel is best. If your happy just doing what your doing thats fine. If not go for something more.

[This message has been edited by fabulousx (edited 10-19-2003).]

Closed Thread