It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2003, 10:07 PM   #1

sayyadina HB User
Post Belly button piercings

I have been thinking of getting my belly button pierced lately but am sort of scared to because people have mentioned to me of them getting infected and such. Does anyone here have theirs pierced or have any advice about it? Should I get it pierced? Do you think belly button piercings are attractive or unattractive?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2003, 11:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User
Smile

I think belly button peircings are really cute. And I also hear that they get infected easily. But something you should know... I hear it's kind of painful if you're skinny because it's a lot harder to clamp the skin. I'd recommend you go for it, cause if you don't ike it you can take it out! You don't have anything to lose, accept a little bit of money.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2003, 07:14 AM   #3
Inactive

Lollirot_UK HB User
Personaly I think belly button piercings are common as hell, everyone has them, all the young common girls have them, it's just unattractive on so many of them.
As for infections, as long as you know how to look after it and go to a good piercer it will be fine.

Old 10-18-2003, 09:03 AM   #4

goatofthenever HB User
my thoughts exactly Lollirot_UK

Old 10-18-2003, 03:19 PM   #5
Inactive

luckangel HB User
hi, i am thinking of getting my belly button pierced aswell but wihtout my mums permission, im sliglty scared to, but my friends have had them and said it wasnt as painful as ppl make it out to be, so that has put me at ease.

Old 10-18-2003, 05:59 PM   #6

Cute*Kitten HB User
Hey, I've got my navel pierced and it didn't hurt too much. Right when I got it, it hurt for a minute or two and was tender for a few hours, and never got infected. All you have to do is go to a clean place and they should sell you some antibacterial cream. Use that everyday and you'll be fine. Also, for skinner people it may hurt a little more when they *clamp* the skin if they have to pull hard, but the actual piercing hurts just the same as any. Good luck!

------------------
~*Snai Mandi*~

Old 10-18-2003, 11:17 PM   #7

VeganLady HB User
I had mine done a few years ago. I'm under 100 pounds, and it didn't hurt at all. Maybe a 3 on the
1-10 pain scale. This is a very common piercing even though it doesn't heal nearly as fast as others, such as the tounge.

As for the infection, lots of people try to scare you for some odd reason. Get some Dial Antibacterial hand soap and move the ring around to clean it. Do that about 2-3 times a day and you should be fine. I think mine healed in about 6 weeks. Oh, don't try to change the ring to soon. A lot of people do that.

Anyway, I say go for it. It's nothing major. Good luck.

Old 10-19-2003, 12:13 PM   #8

charmed_one_cw HB User
i did mine myselg and it didnt hurt at all just before you go put a piece of ice on it to kinda num it a little i dont know how long it will take to heal i only did mine 6 days ago

Old 12-09-2003, 08:58 PM   #9

suzblondie27 HB User
Re: Belly button piercings

for the girl who wants to get her belly button pierced without ur mom's permission....well i had a friend who did that and she got infected and got hives from it! so i dunno about u but i wouldn't want hives!

Old 12-10-2003, 09:12 AM   #10

help_me_please1 HB User

i recommend ian hunts
very professional but... it depends where u live
i wouldnt get it done at blue banana if u have one of them where you live because its not very professional and can i ask how did u do it ur self?

Old 12-16-2003, 03:00 PM   #11

BP Jack HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayyadina
I have been thinking of getting my belly button pierced lately but am sort of scared to because people have mentioned to me of them getting infected and such. Does anyone here have theirs pierced or have any advice about it? Should I get it pierced? Do you think belly button piercings are attractive or unattractive?
k i am a body piercer by trade and i would like to start with some chewings first hand piercing your self without the proper equiptment is just ignorent you need hollow needls to keep the calcium deposits from building under the skin and steralization is key #1 if you walk in to a shop that does not look clean walk the hell back out
it is ok to be scared most are but they like the adrinalin rush from it or i just have lived around adrinalin junkies for to long
navel piercings do comonly infect exspecialy if you do not have you parents permision cause you half to hide it and you are unable to properly care for it keep it clean
and atractiveness is all in the eye of the beholder me my self piercings are a fetish and i find them verey atractive but i go to the store and get shuned apon by pep who find them repultsove
so what ever you decide its up to you but plz take care what ever you do

Old 12-16-2003, 04:58 PM   #12

XEisPrinzessin1 HB User

hey ok im 14 and in 9th grade and have gotten my ears pierced 4 times and my cartilage twice. my ears always got infected really easily and would close up but last year in 8th grade i wanted to get my belly button pierced. so for my birthday and after plenty of research, we found this brand new piercing place that was inside of a tanning place. it was very sterile (and my mom made sure of that b/c infection can be very dangerous!) so it wuz ok for awhile. i had it for a few months but it wuz still red b/c i wuznt a quick healer so it wuz still pretty sensitive. well, after about 4 months, being stupid and impatient, i went in to get the ring changed. it wuz fine for about a week until i realized the skin covering the ring getting really thin. and one day i wuz in the shower and trying to move it (like ur supposed to to clean it) and i could see right through the skin. later that day i wuz bending over and didnt even notice until about 10 minutes later (after i saw my belly button ring on my table) that it had fallen out! it didnt hurt at all but it looked really gross! i went back into the guy that pierced it and he told me that "sum bodies naturally reject metals like the ones belly button rings are made of" and so it wuz slowly pushing itself out. and the skin didnt even start thinning until i changed the ring but i asked him if not changing the ring would have made a difference and he said it would prolly have stayed in a lil longer but still would have fallen out. well now im left with a scar that feels really gross (cuz i get that scaring where the scar like, sticks up) and its still red. and being the dumb person i am, im going to go get the bottom part pierced over christmas break b/c the skin on the upper part is to tough to pierce from the scar. lol so yea i dont know if that helped u at all but think about it! now i have to wait until i get older to get laser surgery and get the scar removed!

Old 12-16-2003, 06:43 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User

What kind of piercing did this guy do??? Did he actually use a hollow needle or did he use a ear piercing gun. The reason I ask is ear piercing guns are NOT to be used for piercings like that. Most people will get the rejection like yours with piercing guns.

A reason your ears took so long to heal is you probably had them done with a piercing gun. Those are nothing but infection passing tools. They cant be properly cleaned so when they are used on one person that bodily fluids that get on it from that person is passed on to the next person. Do a search on Ear Piercing guns and infection and you will see what I mean.

You can get the top of your navel redone(but make sure the person uses the proper tools). The nice thing is the scar tissue from your previous one will help keep the ring in. You can also look into some of the scar fading products that are available. Wal-mart and such sells a few itens that can help.
When you go to get the bottom part done make sure again the person uses the proper tools.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 12-17-2003, 02:40 AM   #14

BP Jack HB User

yes serface piercings to migrate with time eye brows are nown for it but that is about the fastest migration ive herd of yet blast hit it right on the head though if you repierce the top it will not migrate as fast due to the scar tisue is thicker then normal when ya do it agian i would recomend use of a banna bar or wand curved bars take longer to migrate cbrs work to i just dont like to pierce navels with em cause there bulkie easer to get snaged also titanium are great cause there lighter then sss and dont buy the cheep stuff if you have alergies to any metals

Old 12-17-2003, 04:58 PM   #15

XEisPrinzessin1 HB User

yea when i got my ears pierced it was with a piercing gun but when i got my belly button pierced it wuz with a needle and it wuz really clean and everything and i told my friend about my belly button and so she wanted to get hers done to. when she went to the same place i did the guy told her that if her body started to reject the metal then to come back in and he can change it to a different metal'd ring but he never gave me this option? hmm i dont know! and yea i guess it would stay in longer because of the scar but that would be piercing alot more skin and i dont know if they can do that? is there a certain like, amount of skin that u can pierce or sumthing? because if u take to much u cant change the rings because there would be to much skin for it right? and when i got mine peirced he used one of those little circle rings i dont know wut theyre called though and im not sure wut it wuz made of

Closed Thread