It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2003, 10:13 AM   #1

microelvis2000 HB User
Question Flirt with a guy with a girlfriend? Yea or Nea?

His g/f doesnt live in the city, and he's somewhat flirty, reading about how people can be maybe me too...I'm really clueless. Is it bad if he's mentioned his g/f?

Old 10-30-2003, 10:59 AM   #2

Connor HB User
if hes flirtatious then its ok to do it back, as long as it doesnt lead to anything. cause then you will be a bad person if something did actually happened , since this guy is in a relationship. so as long as it doesnt go beyond just being flirty then your ok. and thats cool. cause to him that may not be a bad thing. but if it actually goes beyond that. well then thats when you got problems. if he mentions his girlfriend , then just respect that, and dont think negatively

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2003, 02:49 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by Connor:
if hes flirtatious then its ok to do it back,
No it's not... please respect the girlfriend and don't flirt with him.

Old 10-30-2003, 03:29 PM   #4

Connor HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by lovely.lady:
No it's not... please respect the girlfriend and don't flirt with him.
allow me to clarify before anyone else comes judging me.

i meant that if hes being flirtatious with you. and he has a girlfriend , he is in a committed relationship.

then its ok to be that way to. but dont go thinking that , that will evolve into something greater.

cause you say he mentions her. so that means hes not dismissing her.

so he is just naturally a flirty guy. so you can do that to. but dont go beyond flirting. cause then you are in dangerous waters and it will cause conflicts for him.

so yeah its ok to do that back. just dont over do it. i mean yeah you stay respectful. dont go kissing the guy or anything extreme like that. but i mean in playing around and you know stuff like that. then thats ok. theres no wrong there.

for anyone who are .gonna misinterpret and take everything i say out of context then dont post. just leave it be.

Old 10-30-2003, 03:40 PM   #5
(male)

GetGhostNucca HB User
Haha, these replies are funny.

Hey, Micro. I would leave this guy alone and restrain yourself from flirting back with him. Think about his girlfriend and how she'd feel if she found out about you two. You're not wrong for wanting to flirt back but just forget about it.

------------------
"I don't like it when my juice wears tights"--Dane Cook

Old 10-30-2003, 06:04 PM   #6

lil T HB User
if you had a bf that flirted with girls and they flirted back...its hard to think about and makes ya mad..jus picture one day YOUR bf being like that

Old 10-30-2003, 06:28 PM   #7

Connor HB User
well thats true. but i was suggesting that maybe this guy doesnt see that he is flirting. maybe to him thats being himself. which is what im understanding, since its stated that he mentions his girlfriend yet hes still being flirtatious. so maybe thats just the way he is. which is why its ok to do that back, if that is the scenario. as long as it doesnt go beyond flirting.

Old 10-30-2003, 06:30 PM   #8

myoreiki HB User
There is always the chance that he is flirting with you, wanting it to go firther, but by mentioning his g/f he is inadvertntly advising you that he is not "available" and therefore you would only ever be a fling to him.

Leave hi alone, and get a guy who is really in it for YOU

Old 10-30-2003, 06:49 PM   #9

Connor HB User
im not gonna say anything on the previous post to this. but you asked if it was ok to flirt with a guy who has a girlfriend.

you never indicated that you like this guy or have strong feelings for him.

so what are you aiming at here?

Old 10-30-2003, 07:09 PM   #10
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User
Smile

Wow Conner. Don't take it so personally. If that's what you call judging then that's kind of sensitive. I wasn't replying to you anyway... I was stating my opinion, after all, this board is about giving advice based on -opinions- so don't take it to heart so much.

Old 10-30-2003, 07:40 PM   #11

Connor HB User
im not taking it personally. but i think its rude. to question someones advice. to comment on your own is fine. but to say that someone's suggsetions are wrong. well thats just down right rude. imagine if all this were in person. and your trying to make sense of things and someone who is overhearing comes along and says no you're wrong dont do what he says.

and you took what i said out of context , so that makes it all the more degrading. cause you dont know what it was i said. and still comment on it.

so im not offended. just seems wrong with what you did.

in giving your advice and your suggestions to others. thats how message boards work. but to go in and quote on someone and comment on that, when you dont know what is being implied. well thats just being rude.

so dont apologize. im just saying please dont do that.

Old 10-30-2003, 09:00 PM   #12

microelvis2000 HB User
I do think he's easy on the eyes and very nice, and its not to say let's be disrespectful of his g/f, but he's not married, and why live apart by choice then be flirty? It makes me feel like a would be jerk or a stupid girl if he likes me. Either way its not my deal, I was just confused so asked this ?. :0

Old 10-31-2003, 02:20 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

Meg28 HB User
Connor, this is what free speech is about. It is perfectly fine to debate others opinions and to quote what they had said. That's the reason for the quote button. It is in no way rude to state the opposite side of an issue. I'm afraid your ego got a little bruised. Besides, i've seen you outright tell posters to ignore the advice above and listen to your advice.
So, try to take everything you read with a grain of salt. Nobody was trying to judge you or degrade you.

If you're interested look at the post in this board named "question for guys" by mubster. I'm sure you'll see that you've done the exact same thing that you fought about here - including quoting

[This message has been edited by Meg28 (edited 10-31-2003).]

Old 10-31-2003, 08:39 AM   #14

Connor HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by Meg28:
Connor, this is what free speech is about. It is perfectly fine to debate others opinions and to quote what they had said. That's the reason for the quote button. It is in no way rude to state the opposite side of an issue. I'm afraid your ego got a little bruised. Besides, i've seen you outright tell posters to ignore the advice above and listen to your advice.
So, try to take everything you read with a grain of salt. Nobody was trying to judge you or degrade you.

If you're interested look at the post in this board named "question for guys" by mubster. I'm sure you'll see that you've done the exact same thing that you fought about here - including quoting

my ego did not get bruised in any way. i just see that as being wrong. cause they quoted something that they took out of context. and well you cant help but try to clarify things further.
not once have i ever said not to take someone elses advice. in that thread you describe i was only clarifying and being more specific as to what i was suggesting. and it was fought over. which i expected. but i dont see how i was in the wrong, when i only tried to clear things up. that what is being said by others is not what i was implying. and then that got into an argument. so that has no connection with this. no one here is judging me. they are just criticizing my writings.so theres no harm done on a personal level.

i know this is a message board. but im just saying to me what happened here is wrong. it may just be wrong to me. but thats how it is. if you cant accept that. well then thats up to you.

Old 10-31-2003, 10:40 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

Meg28 HB User
Ok, your point is made and I think mine was too but in the other thread you specifically responded to GetGhostNucca's (right above yours)advice. Your first words were "no don't do that", referring to his advice. You also called him shallow and actually insinuated that he wasn't "human". Isn't that rude? We shouldn't be arguing over this and I'm sorry I took it up with you in the first place. I just think that lovely lady did absolutely nothing wrong. And you have done the same thing, if not worse.
But, if you don't see that, then that's okay too.
Shake hands?

Meg

Closed Thread