It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2003, 01:14 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Andrew29 HB User
Question Interracial dating

I have a concern about interracial dating. I know times are changing, and this is becoming more and more common. I think the older a person is, the less of a problem is. But, I still want to know if people (more specifically girls aged 18-22) really care? I have always been more of a shy guy that asks out girls after being friends first. However, it's time for me to go to clubs/bars and to try meet girls. I know it's all really based on the person, but honestly, if a person (average looks) whom you've never met before was a different race and approached you...would you be less interested in this person because of it? I sometimes look at dating ads in the paper for the fun of it, and I notice a lot of people specifying their race preference. I'm Asian and have always been attracted to Caucasian girls (probably because of where I live). Someone please give me an honest answer. I won't judge you. This could really save me some of my pride if I know the truth.

Thanks.

Old 12-17-2003, 11:54 AM   #2

wondertwin44 HB User
Re: Interracial dating

Race doesn't matter to me. I'm often attracted to guys of a different race.
Game over. I had to accept the fact that in life some women are simply better and no amount of shoes or lack of pastry or making of pies will change that. I will never be the woman with the perfect hair who can wear white and not spill on it and chair committees and write thank you notes. And I can't feel bad about that.
Carrie, ~SATC~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2003, 01:11 PM   #3

ghound HB User

Well, It really depends on who religious you are...
There is a part in the Bible (don't know where) that says you are to mary your opposite sex and same race. What I just wrote is not a direct quote but it is the overall message of the section.

So, Asians are suppose to marry Asians... Germans are suppose to marry Germans... and so on. (I know it doesn't work this way any more but it's what the bible said.) But, do as you wish!

Kindest Regards,
- John

Old 12-19-2003, 01:01 AM   #4

chickadee99 HB User

Wait a minute...the Bible actually says that?? Seriously? I guess I've never heard or read that part...Anyway, that's a good question, Andrew. But first, let me quote you. "I have always been more of a shy guy that asks out girls after being friends first. However, it's time for me to go to clubs/bars and to try meet girls." Why is it time for you to start going to clubs and bars? Do you WANT to or do you just feel pressured to so you can meet girls? Personally, I don't think a bar or club is a great way to meet a potential girlfriend or boyfriend, but that's just my opinion. A lot of girls like shy guys, too. *I* like shy guys, because I'm shy. The race thing- I tend to be attracted to Caucasian guys, but there will also be guys of different races that I'll think are attractive. But you know what? I'm not going to go out with ANYone unless they have a good personality. If a person has a nice personality, it can make them more attractive to others. It just depends.

Last edited by chickadee99; 12-19-2003 at 01:03 AM.

Old 12-19-2003, 07:14 PM   #5

Connor HB User

if you are going by 'at first sight' then thats really up to you. if a girl whos asian finds you attractive and you find them to be attractive, would you hesitate if the girl were black?

everyone has their preference. its not if you think its right or wrong. cause its all about the personality and what you have in common or the qualities you like about the person.

your a shy asian guy.... to me thats no different than any other guy, doesnt matter what race you are, or if your religious, or if you like a certain kind of music. your still just a guy. thats how girls will see you. as just a guy. not an asian guy. or label you as anything. because at a bar,nightclub,etc., etc. they dont know who you are. they just see whats on the outside.

so if your asking if its wrong to date someone of a different race? then no its not. if you are a racist, then im sure it would be a problem. but if your just an average guy.then it shouldnt be a problem.

girls usually dont have a problem with what race or ethnicity or your cultural origins. they just care about the way the guy acts, the way the guy responds. his talents, his qualities, his quirks. thats what matters. thats what is being looked upon most of the time.

Old 12-21-2003, 10:59 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

LiveYourDreams HB User

I don't care about race. I'm white and the guy I'm dating is Mexican. Race shouldn't matter. It's not about the color of someone's skin.

Old 12-21-2003, 10:52 PM   #7
Inactive

sweetrunner HB User

nah I doubt the Bible says that. God made us all people and it doesn't matter what race.... love whoever you choose we're all the same.... but sometimes we're not all treated that same

Old 12-23-2003, 04:07 PM   #8

ghound HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetrunner
nah I doubt the Bible says that. God made us all people and it doesn't matter what race.... love whoever you choose we're all the same.... but sometimes we're not all treated that same

...I'm telling ya, IT DOES! I'll have to go ask my friend where she found it..

Old 12-23-2003, 05:49 PM   #9

ace_chick01 HB User

I'm Caucasian and honestly (not just because it's proper that you shouldn't anyway) do not care about race. So long as there's an attraction there, I'd go for it. I'd just hope the person I want to have a reltionship with doesn't care either.
Sadly, a lot of people do care about it and see it as wrong, but that's just their view. It may be a bit rough but if you ever want it to work it can.
Having said all that, I often always find black/hispanic/asians more interesting and attractive to start off with (over Caucasians).

Old 12-26-2003, 09:12 AM   #10

SCAR HB User

i think interracial dating is awesome. i'm asian too.
it really doesn't matter to me what my partner's race is, as long as we truely love one another, thats all that matters.
as for that bible thing, about marrying someone your own race, show me the passage, i think u miss interpreted it.

Old 12-26-2003, 11:26 PM   #11
(male)

Dane2 HB User

No way the Bible says we have to stick to our own race. Just look at Genesis, even. we're all supposedly from the same stock (Adam and Eve), so therefore we are all the same people. Besides, scientists often speak about evolution and give examples of how races came to be, based on geographical conditions. Therefore, we are all the same. I used to live in the UK, and interracial dating is no big deal at all over there, but i know a lot of Americans who frown on it.

Old 01-02-2004, 06:24 PM   #12

Holly12484 HB User

I'm a 19 year old caucasion female and been dating a black guy for about 6 months now. We love each other like anyone would love one another. I live with my gma and i have to hide our relationship because she doesnt believe its right. You can not fall in love with just anyone off the street you know its right. True love doesnt end over night.

Old 01-02-2004, 09:26 PM   #13
(male)

GetGhostNucca HB User

Interracial-dating is definately ok. I'm a black male and my last girlfriend was white. It was actually a fantasy of hers to be with a black guy(glad I could help lol). I got this thing for Puerto Rican girls right now so dating another sex is OK by me!

The reason a lot of people are afraid to date outside of their race is because of the reaction their family will have. I know this first hand because my ex's mother wanted to kill me because I was black.

Old 01-02-2004, 10:41 PM   #14

Kylie1 HB User

if we have learned anything from the bible, chances are that in one part it says we shouldn't dadte people of another race, and then in another part it says it's okay.

Anyway I think it's okay to dat people from another race. Half of my cousins are half black and im completley white. Personally, I'm not attracted to black guys though. I dunno why I'm not, it's not me being racist it's just my personal taste. I can't get enough of asians though! I dunno why there is just something about them that gives me butterflies!

Old 01-02-2004, 11:35 PM   #15

Mybabyboo876 HB User

I see nothing rong with it!Sometimes you cant help who you fall in love with!I know when i was younger i sometimes wouldnt date guys because they wernt good looking enough n my mom & dad always told me that it didnt matter because looks arent everything.but they sure did have a problem when i started to date a black guy...i guess what im saying is looks arent everything ... neither is skin color

Last edited by Mybabyboo876; 01-02-2004 at 11:39 PM.

Closed Thread