It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2004, 06:13 PM   #1

jooonstilts HB User
Question Whats a good way to ask a girl to the dance?

I've got my eye on some girls but the problem is I don't know them and I don't even know if they know my name (they're a couple grades down). Whats the best way to ask her to the dance?

Old 01-13-2004, 10:00 AM   #2
Inactive

Little_Loon HB User
Re: Whats a good way to ask a girl to the dance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jooonstilts
I've got my eye on some girls but the problem is I don't know them and I don't even know if they know my name (they're a couple grades down). Whats the best way to ask her to the dance?

that depends, see, me, i'm an outgoing person, when i ask someone to dance i'm all "hey, wanna dance?" pretty much all you can do is just go and ask what you want. (this doesn't work in all cases lol)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2004, 10:17 AM   #3
Inactive

musicmaker650 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Loon
that depends, see, me, i'm an outgoing person, when i ask someone to dance i'm all "hey, wanna dance?" pretty much all you can do is just go and ask what you want. (this doesn't work in all cases lol)
That's good advice Little Loon,

I grew up using 2 canes to walk. I was born with Cerebral Palsy. I was asked all the time to dance. I'm a tall man, and I have terrible balance. When the girls saw me sitting, they didn't know. I was even slapped by one woman that told me how long it took to muster her courage to ask me to dance. I was surprised, not hurt. She apologized, after she saw me walk to the bar...

jooonstilts,

just get up, smile and ask these sweet girls to dance. If you have confidence, it will show

Old 01-13-2004, 10:21 AM   #4
Inactive

Little_Loon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmaker650
That's good advice Little Loon,

I grew up using 2 canes to walk. I was born with Cerebral Palsy. I was asked all the time to dance. I'm a tall man, and I have terrible balance. When the girls saw me sitting, they didn't know. I was even slapped by one woman that told me how long it took to muster her courage to ask me to dance. I was surprised, not hurt. She apologized, after she saw me walk to the bar...

i would have at least sat with ya!

Old 01-13-2004, 10:33 AM   #5
Inactive

musicmaker650 HB User

Quote:
i would have at least sat with ya!
I know you would even now,

I'm 53, 6'2 180 pounds and no grey in my ponytail. I have a diamond stud earring in a pierced left earlobe. Blonde hair and blue eyes. My sweet wife wouldn't mind. I'm sure you two, would be great friends

Old 01-13-2004, 10:35 AM   #6
Inactive

Little_Loon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmaker650
I know you would even now,

I'm 53, 6'2 180 pounds and no grey in my ponytail. I have a diamond stud earring in a pierced left earlobe. Blonde hair and blue eyes. My sweet wife wouldn't mind. I'm sure you two, would be great friends

lol i dunno, i'm a little nuts!

Old 01-13-2004, 10:50 AM   #7
Veteran

Will M. HB User

Quote:
Hey,

If you don't know some girl, just go up to someone that you have your eye on, and introduce yourself, then you'll know her.

If you do ask someone that you know, say something like: "So are you going to the dance?" And if she says 'no,' or 'I don't know,' say: "would you go if I asked you?" Then see what happens!

Old 01-13-2004, 11:07 AM   #8
Inactive

musicmaker650 HB User

Quote:
lol i dunno, i'm a little nuts!
We love people who are a "little nuts"... If Ella and I weren't a "little nuts", we would never be as happy as we are You can see her posts under Pianochick, in the Atkins Diet section. She has lost over 100 pounds, and is still loosing. We are both musicians. She is 40 and you know my age. I'll be 54 in June...

Old 01-13-2004, 07:25 PM   #9

jooonstilts HB User

Thanks Little_loon and musicmaker650. I'll definitly take your advice and ask these fine hunnies for a dance Hopefully some of them will admire the courage I put up asking them and say yes.

Old 01-13-2004, 07:51 PM   #10
Senior Veteran

alleycat HB User

Quote:
Thanks Little_loon and musicmaker650. I'll definitly take your advice and ask these fine hunnies for a dance Hopefully some of them will admire the courage I put up asking them and say yes.
I think that you are going to find that most of them will say yes. I know me personally I could never refuse to dance with a guy who had a great smile and who had mustard up the courage to come over and ask me to dance.

Old 01-14-2004, 09:17 AM   #11

jooonstilts HB User

Thanks alleycat, thats a nice confidence booster.

Closed Thread