It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2004, 06:13 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 12
jooonstilts HB User
Question Whats a good way to ask a girl to the dance?

I've got my eye on some girls but the problem is I don't know them and I don't even know if they know my name (they're a couple grades down). Whats the best way to ask her to the dance?

 
Old 01-13-2004, 10:00 AM   #2
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 44
Little_Loon HB User
Re: Whats a good way to ask a girl to the dance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jooonstilts
I've got my eye on some girls but the problem is I don't know them and I don't even know if they know my name (they're a couple grades down). Whats the best way to ask her to the dance?

that depends, see, me, i'm an outgoing person, when i ask someone to dance i'm all "hey, wanna dance?" pretty much all you can do is just go and ask what you want. (this doesn't work in all cases lol)

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 01-13-2004, 10:17 AM   #3
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montana
Posts: 689
musicmaker650 HB User
Re: Whats a good way to ask a girl to the dance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Loon
that depends, see, me, i'm an outgoing person, when i ask someone to dance i'm all "hey, wanna dance?" pretty much all you can do is just go and ask what you want. (this doesn't work in all cases lol)
That's good advice Little Loon,

I grew up using 2 canes to walk. I was born with Cerebral Palsy. I was asked all the time to dance. I'm a tall man, and I have terrible balance. When the girls saw me sitting, they didn't know. I was even slapped by one woman that told me how long it took to muster her courage to ask me to dance. I was surprised, not hurt. She apologized, after she saw me walk to the bar...


jooonstilts,

just get up, smile and ask these sweet girls to dance. If you have confidence, it will show

 
Old 01-13-2004, 10:21 AM   #4
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 44
Little_Loon HB User
Re: Whats a good way to ask a girl to the dance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmaker650
That's good advice Little Loon,

I grew up using 2 canes to walk. I was born with Cerebral Palsy. I was asked all the time to dance. I'm a tall man, and I have terrible balance. When the girls saw me sitting, they didn't know. I was even slapped by one woman that told me how long it took to muster her courage to ask me to dance. I was surprised, not hurt. She apologized, after she saw me walk to the bar...


i would have at least sat with ya!

 
Old 01-13-2004, 10:33 AM   #5
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montana
Posts: 689
musicmaker650 HB User
Re: Whats a good way to ask a girl to the dance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Loon
i would have at least sat with ya!
I know you would even now,

I'm 53, 6'2 180 pounds and no grey in my ponytail. I have a diamond stud earring in a pierced left earlobe. Blonde hair and blue eyes. My sweet wife wouldn't mind. I'm sure you two, would be great friends

 
Old 01-13-2004, 10:35 AM   #6
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 44
Little_Loon HB User
Re: Whats a good way to ask a girl to the dance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmaker650
I know you would even now,

I'm 53, 6'2 180 pounds and no grey in my ponytail. I have a diamond stud earring in a pierced left earlobe. Blonde hair and blue eyes. My sweet wife wouldn't mind. I'm sure you two, would be great friends

lol i dunno, i'm a little nuts!

 
Old 01-13-2004, 10:50 AM   #7
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Austin
Posts: 396
Will M. HB User
Re: Whats a good way to ask a girl to the dance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jooonstilts
I've got my eye on some girls but the problem is I don't know them and I don't even know if they know my name (they're a couple grades down). Whats the best way to ask her to the dance?
Hey,

If you don't know some girl, just go up to someone that you have your eye on, and introduce yourself, then you'll know her.

If you do ask someone that you know, say something like: "So are you going to the dance?" And if she says 'no,' or 'I don't know,' say: "would you go if I asked you?" Then see what happens!

 
Old 01-13-2004, 11:07 AM   #8
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montana
Posts: 689
musicmaker650 HB User
Re: Whats a good way to ask a girl to the dance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Loon
lol i dunno, i'm a little nuts!
We love people who are a "little nuts"... If Ella and I weren't a "little nuts", we would never be as happy as we are You can see her posts under Pianochick, in the Atkins Diet section. She has lost over 100 pounds, and is still loosing. We are both musicians. She is 40 and you know my age. I'll be 54 in June...

 
Old 01-13-2004, 07:25 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 12
jooonstilts HB User
Re: Whats a good way to ask a girl to the dance?

Thanks Little_loon and musicmaker650. I'll definitly take your advice and ask these fine hunnies for a dance Hopefully some of them will admire the courage I put up asking them and say yes.

 
Old 01-13-2004, 07:51 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 536
alleycat HB User
Re: Whats a good way to ask a girl to the dance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jooonstilts
Thanks Little_loon and musicmaker650. I'll definitly take your advice and ask these fine hunnies for a dance Hopefully some of them will admire the courage I put up asking them and say yes.
I think that you are going to find that most of them will say yes. I know me personally I could never refuse to dance with a guy who had a great smile and who had mustard up the courage to come over and ask me to dance.

 
Old 01-14-2004, 09:17 AM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 12
jooonstilts HB User
Re: Whats a good way to ask a girl to the dance?

Thanks alleycat, thats a nice confidence booster.

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Someone please tell me whats it like, Man Apart Depression 29 02-06-2011 05:19 AM
Still like this girl... Detonation3 Teen Health 4 08-30-2007 10:18 AM
Feeling not good enough.. Harmony17 Relationship Health 19 08-05-2007 04:14 PM
Good Luck Kari.......... Mapia74 Infertility 26 04-30-2007 09:28 AM
going to the doc like a good girl bluelakelady Fibromyalgia 13 12-19-2006 10:36 AM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



Seraph (7), rosequartz (6), writeleft (6), lenvegas (4), Kszan (3), Diverdan8 (2), ERpiguy (2), solofelix (2), frisbeefreak (2), SoundsFamiliar (2)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1165), MSJayhawk (1000), Apollo123 (898), Titchou (833), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (758), ladybud (747), sammy64 (668), midwest1 (665), BlueSkies14 (610)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:29 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!