It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2004, 06:52 PM   #1
Inactive

Little_Loon HB User
Unhappy really personal question

ok, i need to know this, not really need but, i'd like to...

has anyone here on the board ever had an abusive significant other? someone who controlled your life in any way.. mentally or physically?

when i was 14, i had a boyfriend, who was a lot stronger than me. He'd tell me who to hang out with, what to eat and how to dress. He'd make me do things with him when i didn't want to even to the point when he was ripping the clothes off of my body. yah, at 14...

i had a bruise of my back where he had hit me, bruises down my arms from where he had grabbed me, and my hands always felt sore and broken from all the times he squeezed to hard because of something i had said or done..

i know teens go through rough relationships, so i was just wondering, did anyone go though things like this?

Old 01-12-2004, 09:39 PM   #2
Inactive

musicmaker650 HB User
Re: really personal question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Loon
ok, i need to know this, not really need but, i'd like to...

has anyone here on the board ever had an abusive significant other? someone who controlled your life in any way.. mentally or physically?

when i was 14, i had a boyfriend, who was a lot stronger than me. He'd tell me who to hang out with, what to eat and how to dress. He'd make me do things with him when i didn't want to even to the point when he was ripping the clothes off of my body. yah, at 14...

i had a bruise of my back where he had hit me, bruises down my arms from where he had grabbed me, and my hands always felt sore and broken from all the times he squeezed to hard because of something i had said or done..

i know teens go through rough relationships, so i was just wondering, did anyone go though things like this?
Little Loon,

What you experienced is called RAPE!, with assult & battery thown in at times. Your "sweet boyfriend" should have been thrown into jail for a few years. This behavior is illegal, and you could have helped stop this from happening to you by telling the authorities... in your case at 14, your parents or guardian, then the police. I hope you haven't continued to pick this kind of animal to be your "boyfriend".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2004, 09:38 AM   #3
Inactive

Little_Loon HB User

we never really had sex though, i thought it was rape when it was full out sex.

i don't mean to sound like i'm stupid or anything... lol

Old 01-13-2004, 09:53 AM   #4
Inactive

musicmaker650 HB User

Quote:
we never really had sex though, i thought it was rape when it was full out sex.

i don't mean to sound like i'm stupid or anything... lol
Little Loon,

does it really matter? How are you doing now? No one should be treated like you were.

My best to you

Old 01-13-2004, 09:57 AM   #5
Inactive

Little_Loon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmaker650
Little Loon,

does it really matter? How are you doing now? No one should be treated like you were.

My best to you
i'm great now.. except for some other health things i'm going through. i got a great boyfriend of three years that would never do anything to hurt me. i got almost all of my self confidence back and i'm feelin almost back to normal. thanks

Old 01-13-2004, 10:02 AM   #6
Inactive

musicmaker650 HB User

Quote:
i'm great now.. except for some other health things i'm going through. i got a great boyfriend of three years that would never do anything to hurt me. i got almost all of my self confidence back and i'm feelin almost back to normal. thanks
That's great to hear! You're a tough girl for sure

Old 01-13-2004, 10:06 AM   #7
Inactive

Little_Loon HB User

Quote:
That's great to hear! You're a tough girl for sure

-tough face- yup!

Old 01-13-2004, 11:01 AM   #8

Just Some Girl HB User
Post Re: really personal question

Little_Loon
I went through the same type of relationship, i was 14 and he wasnt my boyfriend but he was my best friend we were inseparable. He used to beat me up for no reason at all. I failed a test in school and the day before he told me that if i failed he would break my finger i thought he was joking and sure enough the next day i failed and my finger was in a brace type thing. He did alot more than that. Yet for some reason i couldnt get away from him, its hard to explain it was like i loved him and loved being around him and i was almost numb to the pain he put me through. Anyways all im saying is i know what its like and seriously sometimes its the things that hurt you that make you stronger. Its good that you have a good boyfriend now and that your doing good. All i can say is avoid the bad ones their nothing but trouble.

*Just Some Girl*

Old 01-13-2004, 02:17 PM   #9
Inactive

Little_Loon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Some Girl
Little_Loon
I went through the same type of relationship, i was 14 and he wasnt my boyfriend but he was my best friend we were inseparable. He used to beat me up for no reason at all. I failed a test in school and the day before he told me that if i failed he would break my finger i thought he was joking and sure enough the next day i failed and my finger was in a brace type thing. He did alot more than that. Yet for some reason i couldnt get away from him, its hard to explain it was like i loved him and loved being around him and i was almost numb to the pain he put me through. Anyways all im saying is i know what its like and seriously sometimes its the things that hurt you that make you stronger. Its good that you have a good boyfriend now and that your doing good. All i can say is avoid the bad ones their nothing but trouble.

*Just Some Girl*
that was how i felt exactly! i felt like i needed to be near him but it got to the point where i was too scared to be around him. and yah i'm doing much better now. my boyfriend not is great. i hope you're better also

Old 01-13-2004, 04:58 PM   #10
Inactive

musicmaker650 HB User

Quote:
that was how i felt exactly! i felt like i needed to be near him but it got to the point where i was too scared to be around him. and yah i'm doing much better now. my boyfriend not is great. i hope you're better also
yes I hope you girls have learned that you don't deserve to be treated like that ever again. If you ever select a mate that that again, it will be on you! Nothing but your own fault, I mean it!

Old 01-13-2004, 06:57 PM   #11
Inactive

Little_Loon HB User

Quote:
yes I hope you girls have learned that you don't deserve to be treated like that ever again. If you ever select a mate that that again, it will be on you! Nothing but your own fault, I mean it!

i'm a lot tougher now, i don't let any guys mess with me. the last guy that grabbed me anywhere i didn't like it, i slapped him across the face.

Old 01-13-2004, 07:04 PM   #12

ace_chick01 HB User

Nah, I've never been abused

Old 01-13-2004, 07:14 PM   #13
Inactive

musicmaker650 HB User

Quote:
i'm a lot tougher now, i don't let any guys mess with me. the last guy that grabbed me anywhere i didn't like it, i slapped him across the face.
that's getting your point across! Good going

Closed Thread