It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2004, 04:53 PM   #1
Inactive

Little_Loon HB User
haha the least of anyone's worries

i can't get rid of chapped lips lol. they're split in like four different places, i won't lick them when i go outside, (in minus 40 degrees celcius weather) and i use chapstick. it's not even like i spend a great deal outside, and the climate inside is normal. whats goin on?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2004, 05:44 PM   #2
Veteran

ABC~Mom HB User
Re: haha the least of anyone's worries

try carmex (it is really inexpensive, like a dollor or something, you can get it about anywhere)...it is really good and if that does not work see a dermatoligist

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2004, 05:48 PM   #3
Inactive

Little_Loon HB User

thanks!

Old 01-13-2004, 06:19 PM   #4
Inactive

musicmaker650 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Loon
thanks!
hey Little Loon, you must lick your lips a lot. Chapstick made in Virginia works for me. You just have to remember to use it more often. I live in Montana. It's very cold here too.

Old 01-13-2004, 06:22 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User

Lucky for you, I happen to be the lip queen. Lips get chapped for a variety of reasons. Sometimes you lick your lips and you don't even realize that you did it. So you have to stay very conscious of that. A great way to get rid of chapped lips is before you go to bed at night, brush your lips gently with a wettened toothbrush and apply a chapstick such as Carmex, Menthalatum, Bag Balm, etc. You get the idea. I'm assuming you live in a cold place. Lips can become really chapped when you're switching from hot to cold... like it's cold outside, and then warm/hot inside. Make sure you carry a decent chapstick with you and always apply when you go through a temperature change, even if you have some on already. For now, until your lips heal, avoid using lip glosses and lipcolor.

I love my lips!~! haha, just kidding. Hope this helps, let me know!!

Old 01-13-2004, 06:28 PM   #6
Inactive

musicmaker650 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely.lady
Lucky for you, I happen to be the lip queen. Lips get chapped for a variety of reasons. Sometimes you lick your lips and you don't even realize that you did it. So you have to stay very conscious of that. A great way to get rid of chapped lips is before you go to bed at night, brush your lips gently with a wettened toothbrush and apply a chapstick such as Carmex, Menthalatum, Bag Balm, etc. You get the idea. I'm assuming you live in a cold place. Lips can become really chapped when you're switching from hot to cold... like it's cold outside, and then warm/hot inside. Make sure you carry a decent chapstick with you and always apply when you go through a temperature change, even if you have some on already. For now, until your lips heal, avoid using lip glosses and lipcolor.

Great post lovely.lady,
I do just that, I use chapstick throughout the day and at night before I go to bed... I use Advanced Healing Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion too. That licking of lips when you don't realize it, is a common thing. I do it!

Last edited by musicmaker650; 01-13-2004 at 06:29 PM.

Old 01-13-2004, 07:55 PM   #7
Inactive

Little_Loon HB User

Quote:

my god you ARE the lip queen lol. i use to have this heavy duty blistex stuff that use to sting like crazy and make my eyes water, but that hurt too much so i changed to a blistex fruit smoothie kind. it tastes good so that's probably my problem.

Old 01-13-2004, 08:05 PM   #8

ace_chick01 HB User

^yeah, do you lick them a lot? I remember I did that a bit when I was a kid, and they got all red & chapped.

Old 01-13-2004, 08:17 PM   #9
Inactive

musicmaker650 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Loon
my god you ARE the lip queen lol. i use to have this heavy duty blistex stuff that use to sting like crazy and make my eyes water, but that hurt too much so i changed to a blistex fruit smoothie kind. it tastes good so that's probably my problem.
You girls are into those fruity lip balms! At least they taste good

Old 01-13-2004, 08:59 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

Jeffrey449 HB User

I have the same problem. I always carry with me Medicated Chapstick and Medicated Blistex, boy they work great, and at i have another Carmex.

Old 01-14-2004, 07:48 AM   #11
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User

If you use the fruity kinds you're more likely to lick! That's why nasty-tasting stuff like Carmex and all that does you good because you'll be sure not to lick them. Though it's not a big possibility, your toothpaste or mouthwash could be triggering the chapping. Try using a different kind for a few days and see if it helps or not. Once your lips heal, try finding lip stuff that has ingredients like vitamin E. It really helps!

Old 01-14-2004, 11:32 AM   #12
Inactive

musicmaker650 HB User

Quote:
If you use the fruity kinds you're more likely to lick! That's why nasty-tasting stuff like Carmex and all that does you good because you'll be sure not to lick them. Though it's not a big possibility, your toothpaste or mouthwash could be triggering the chapping. Try using a different kind for a few days and see if it helps or not. Once your lips heal, try finding lip stuff that has ingredients like vitamin E. It really helps!
You're right Lovely.Lady,

but good tasting lip balm makes one very kissable

Old 01-14-2004, 01:59 PM   #13
Inactive

Little_Loon HB User

i have around 4 new splits in my lip today, bottom lip. it was minus 35 without the windchill today. that's celcius. i made sure not to lick them and i put a scarf over my face when walking from the school to my car ( a four block walk) but now i'm all bloody and sore. lol i think i need like surgery.

my lips split easy because i have a big bottom lip too. all pouty n such.

Old 01-14-2004, 02:01 PM   #14
Inactive

Little_Loon HB User

Quote:

i must have eatin about an ounce of that lip chap today. lol it was soo good and i jsut layered it on. i couldn't help it but at least i was inside when i was licking my lips. i need a restraint or something.

Closed Thread