It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2004, 10:50 AM   #1
Veteran

Will M. HB User
Question Got Question for the Girls: "Go for the Crappy Guys Syndrom"

I got an email from one of my friends who happens to be a girl. She's given me advice, and has helped me with this girl I like. She told me that the girl that I like has the "go for the crappy guys who treat you like ****** syndrom." and that she, herself, used to have it.

She explained to me that with all the mainstream media promoting sex, with TV shows, music, and even politics, young girls around the age of 15 have this 'psycological thinking' that girls should be with guys who are 'popular', even if the guy treats you like ******.

I consider myself to be very different from the other guys, but I think this has become a problem. I always be myself, but I don't 'stick out' in crowds.

Do most girls have this tendacy to think like this? Is this thinking just a stage for some girls or something? And is there a way to make me appeal as someone who can be trusted, rather than being macho jerk?

Old 01-15-2004, 02:10 PM   #2

suzblondie27 HB User
Re: Got Question for the Girls: "Go for the Crappy Guys Syndrom"

well will...i'm a girl...and it is true that girls go thru this stage...i was in it for a brief amount of time....about a month...but anyways...my suggestion to u is to just be urself....make the first move on the girl if u need to...show an interest....and always be nice....i know i have always liked a guy who was himself...and didn't try to put on an act...good luck....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2004, 06:07 PM   #3

always HB User

myself being a victim of this... "stage" at one time... trust me, most girls will get out of it... take notice most... some people never change...
in anycase, like suz27 mentioned... 'be yourself'- even though im a girl, this worked for me... as it did for my boyfriend- who acted like himself... by acting like yourself, you're more likely to find someone who likes you for who you are... not who you pretend to be... as for how to not come off as a 'jerk', do whatever you can to show an interest... be kind, throw a compliment or two, try to strike up a casual conversation... and i suppose what would be most important: spend time with her 'as a friend'... really get to know her, and let her get to know you and who you are... at least in my case this is what really brought my boyfriend and i together prior to our relationship- we sort of discovered what all we had in common and what not...
in anycase, to stop babbling--- just be yourself, if a girl doesn't like you for who you are, then that's her problem [ofcourse that can apply for guys too]
-- best of luck ---

Old 01-15-2004, 06:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

alleycat HB User

Well my thoughts are kind of this. I didn't necesarly go thru a stage like this but I did go thru a stage where I felt I needed a man to complete me and if I didn't have one than I must not be that great of a girl. Back then I know I probably would have settled with just about anyone even if he did treat me like crap.

Old 01-15-2004, 06:44 PM   #5
Veteran

Will M. HB User

Thanks to all of you! I'm glad to hear that this is probably temporary. I guess it depends on how I treat her. She's been out of school sick the last two days, so today I emailed her to see how she was doing. We'll see what happens.

Old 01-19-2004, 06:51 PM   #6

CandaceS HB User

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]
Just ask this girl you like if she likes you. Yea, she's probably had(or still having) her stage of liking all the "Bad boys" like I had last year. Well, maybe if you ask her out, she'll get over it! Just take a chance, even if she says no, when she is over the bad boy thing ask her again, and most likely she will say yes!

-Good Luck-

Old 01-20-2004, 06:58 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User

Don't lose hope. Even if a girl does go through some phase or something where she likes mean guys, they will probably soon grow out of it and there are always girls who go for the nice guys. Personally, that's why I don't date anyone at my school... because most of the guys here think it's the cool stuff to be jerks... I hate jerks... ha

Old 01-20-2004, 09:39 AM   #8

sheshamonster HB User

I have never had this "go for the crappy guys" sydrome. Neither have any of my friends. However, I have seen girls that are so into a guy, that once he shows interest in her she's happy, no matter how badly he may treat her.

I think a majority of girls go for nice guys with a great sense of humor. You said you tend to be shy, it's hard for a girl to get interested in a guy who is shy because personality is a big factor for us. Perhaps you should try and show this girl what a nice person you are and if she doesn't take the bait, move on. Who knows how long this temporary syndrome may last. Although there may be plenty of girls who are attracted to the wrong guy, there are certainly an equal number of them who always keep their eye out for mr. right. Nice guys don't finish last.

Old 01-20-2004, 10:59 AM   #9
Veteran

Will M. HB User

Quote:
Just ask this girl you like if she likes you. Yea, she's probably had(or still having) her stage of liking all the "Bad boys" like I had last year. Well, maybe if you ask her out, she'll get over it! Just take a chance, even if she says no, when she is over the bad boy thing ask her again, and most likely she will say yes!

-Good Luck-
It's obvious that she knows I like her, because I have asked her out before, and she said that she liked me better as a friend--I've explained that story to much, but long story short are friendship has been better, and we have had a lot funny, interesting conversations. I'd be happy just to be her friend because she's such a cool, down to earth person to talk to, and as long as I get to see her and talk to her I'm happy. I just wish she could be willing to go somewhere with me as a friednd.

Closed Thread