It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2004, 02:17 PM   #1

Sugar+Spice HB User
Unhappy am i ugly?

I have blonde hair blue eyes and i am 5'4" and all the guys treat me more as a friend and not as anything more. This year i am a freshman and i havent had a date or a b/f seince the 7th grade. why wont any body go out with me? is it b/c i am ugly?

Old 01-19-2004, 04:09 PM   #2
Veteran

Will M. HB User
Re: am i ugly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar+Spice
I have blonde hair blue eyes and i am 5'4" and all the guys treat me more as a friend and not as anything more. This year i am a freshman and i havent had a date or a b/f seince the 7th grade. why wont any body go out with me? is it b/c i am ugly?
I doubt your ugly. I think everyone's first thought when they're turned down by someone is: Oh, I must be ugly!, but that's not it. You have to think about the person. Maybe your meeting people who just came out of a messy relationship and are not ready to go through with another one. There are lots of explainations why, but never come to believe that you are ugly, because you probably aren't. Just keep being yourself, and don't let your own assumption stop you from trying.

Last edited by Will M.; 01-19-2004 at 04:10 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2004, 04:16 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Jeffrey449 HB User

You sound gourgeous, and if you lived near me i would most likely ask you out but its most likely that the guys are being pusses. They dont want to get turned down so they go for the easy girls.

Old 01-19-2004, 04:49 PM   #4

jengisima HB User
Cool Re: am i ugly?

You are reading into the actions of boys too much! You don't have to be insecure! I'm sure you're beautiful, but confidence is the most attractive thing a girl can have. Maybe the reason that guys only like you as a friend is because you're insecure. I went through the same exact thing! I didn't go on a date EVER until my freshman year of highschool, and I was convinced that I was ugly, too. After I gained confidence about myself, I started to get asked out a lot. And remember, guys are stupid; I'm sure a lot of your guy friends like you but are too scared to say anything. Plus, guys act in mysterious ways, and I seriously think that they are more confusing than girls. Anyway, don't doubt yourself and be proud of the way you look! I'm sure you have a ton of secret admirers.

Old 01-20-2004, 07:01 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User

First, know that most guys are deathly afraid of rejection. You just have to let yourself be known and shine your best. If no one asks you out? Their problem, not yours. No one on here can tell you if you're "ugly" or not, but always remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder- corny, but oh-so-true.

Old 01-20-2004, 07:20 AM   #6

nenofury HB User

Quote:
Can't tell if your ugly cuz don't know what you look like. How much do you weigh?

Old 01-20-2004, 03:01 PM   #7

Sugar+Spice HB User
Post Re: am i ugly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenofury
Can't tell if your ugly cuz don't know what you look like. How much do you weigh?
98lbs small i know lol

Old 01-21-2004, 08:31 AM   #8

nenofury HB User

Quote:
98lbs small i know lol
Blond hair, blue eyes, 5'4" and 98 lbs. You sound perfect. There are numerous reasons why the boys might be shy around you. The best advice I can give you is to be yourself and absolutely do not become a ****. Lots of girls think giving up their virginity or becoming sexually active in some way is a ticket to popularity and having boys worship you. Please don't do that. Change your clothes, hair, makeup, but keep your pride and the boys will end up liking you that much more.

So to answer your question. No you are not ugly. You are probably very cute physically and you certainly have a great personality. You're gonna make some guy very lucky one day.

Old 01-21-2004, 03:13 PM   #9

Sugar+Spice HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenofury
Blond hair, blue eyes, 5'4" and 98 lbs. You sound perfect. There are numerous reasons why the boys might be shy around you. The best advice I can give you is to be yourself and absolutely do not become a ****. Lots of girls think giving up their virginity or becoming sexually active in some way is a ticket to popularity and having boys worship you. Please don't do that. Change your clothes, hair, makeup, but keep your pride and the boys will end up liking you that much more.

So to answer your question. No you are not ugly. You are probably very cute physically and you certainly have a great personality. You're gonna make some guy very lucky one day.
thanks for the advice it has helped bunches thanks again
sug.

Old 01-22-2004, 08:38 AM   #10

nenofury HB User

Quote:
thanks for the advice it has helped bunches thanks again
sug.

You're welcome. I'm so glad it helped.

Old 01-24-2004, 08:27 PM   #11

NoPainNoGain HB User

hey
im sure ur really pretty..and all the guys are just to intimmited to actually get alot closer to u then they really are.
also, just because your not dating anybody doesnt mean anything, maybe u have one guy, and its meant to be, and u dont have to go through millions of others to find him, he'll probably come to u when the times right

Closed Thread