It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2004, 07:10 PM   #1

CandaceS HB User
Unhappy How to get him back? (RESPOND QUICK!)

Recently, A guy I have had my eye on for some time asked me out.(You see, I was planning on asking him out the very next day.) Then, I start hearing roumors hes going to break up with me, when we havent even been goin out 24 hours! I ask him on the phone later that night, and he just says dont listen, because they arent true, and I love you. I felt a lot better and the next day at school I was relieved to know I could tell everyone the roumors werent true. But then, right before lunch, one of his friends comes up to me and says, "He dosn't want to go out with you anymore." and then a friend of his(girl) says to me"You guys were still going out an hour ago?? He asked me out and I said yes!" Well, I was pretty upset with him! You can only imagine, the relationship lasted 44 hours! So I got over it, and just a few hours later there we are talking on the phone again(while hes going out with this girl.) And everything seems fine. The other girl broke up with him the next day(because she was more my friend than his.) and then he called me later that day and said "I want to ask you something" and never got around to it. He kept saying Hey Candace.. Like he had a question but would never say it, so I finally stopped bugging him about it. I was flirting with him about a week after we broke up and hewas really flirting back and we talked on the phone almost 2 hours almost every day, and then the other girl walks up and he stops flirting. When she leaves he said, I dont want her to break up with me again...Were going out.. He just gave me this really sorry face and all, and I really did like him, so...what do I do? I know they will break up in a day or two, because he told me he dosnt really like her like a girlfriend, just a friend...So should I ask him out or not? I really was looking foreward o going to the V-Day dance with him and I think he would day yes to going with me, But I dont know about it..I need someones advice!

-REPLY QUICK-

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2004, 09:57 PM   #2

super fluke HB User
Re: How to get him back? (RESPOND QUICK!)

uh.
give up on him..

Old 01-19-2004, 10:26 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

bluesnowflake HB User

you sound so young...I think the teens board would help more. And uh, yeah...when you look at the situation, he told you he loved you? Do you realize how young love works? It's all very unstable and just being friends at first can't hurt.

Old 01-20-2004, 06:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User

My question is, is going out with this guy and feeling happy about that worth all the pain he has and will cause you? He seems like he doesn't want to settle for just one girl, and is that what you want? You deserve a guy who will treat you like you're meant to be treated and be true to you. And by asking him out or trying to get back with him you are allowing the continuence of his cheating and lying pattern. You are basically settling for something that no one should have to put up with. Take it from me, someone better WILL come along, and while it may not be right now or next week or in a year, it is all worth the wait.

Old 01-20-2004, 05:43 PM   #5
Veteran

Will M. HB User

Yeah, from the sound of things I don't like this guy! I know people who act the same way he does.

Old 01-24-2004, 12:20 AM   #6

CandaceS HB User

hey everyone thanks for all your help

Old 01-24-2004, 12:19 PM   #7

cookiemonster123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandaceS
hey everyone thanks for all your help
They're all right.
He's not good enough for you!

Old 01-24-2004, 08:54 PM   #8

jengisima HB User

ew! I have one word for you: jerk! Not you, him! How old are you? Are you in middle school (If you're older, I'm sorry, it just sounds like a big middle school one-day-romance issue to me)
Anyway, i must advice you to stear clear of this dude. He seems very fickle... fickle boys = players. players= *** holes. stay away! He keeps messing with your mind! He's going out with you one day, and is going out with that other girl the next day! Do you want that to be a common issue in your life? You don't want to always be worrying that the guy really likes the other girl while hes going out with you. plus, he was flirting with you while he was going out with her... that's not a good sign. he'll be flirting with other girls (or doing other stuff with other girls) while hes going out with you too. It may sound harsh, but I've seen many guys like this and I know how it goes. Save yourself the heartache, and find a guy who's only interested in one thing: YOU! And i'm sure that won't be hard :-P trust me, there are decent guys out there, you just have to look a little bit harder.

Closed Thread