It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2004, 03:42 PM   #1

Sugar+Spice HB User
Thumbs down mom's orders?

i wanted to get my belly button peirced but my mom said NO its a (sex symble) but i think it is really a cute peircing once it is done. but my mom wont let me get it she says that if i ever get it peirced then i will be rejected out of my family i dont know what to do cuz i myself aint into all of this sex stuff right now and all of my friends have it done what should i do?
plz help
sug.

Old 01-20-2004, 05:37 PM   #2
Veteran

Will M. HB User
Re: mom's orders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar+Spice
i wanted to get my belly button peirced but my mom said NO its a (sex symble) but i think it is really a cute peircing once it is done. but my mom wont let me get it she says that if i ever get it peirced then i will be rejected out of my family i dont know what to do cuz i myself aint into all of this sex stuff right now and all of my friends have it done what should i do?
plz help
sug.
Do what you decide, it's your body. If they love you they'll accept you for who you are, who you want to be, and what your characteristics are. Rebel!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2004, 03:17 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Meg28 HB User

Seeing as you're a minor, I think you should do as your parents wish. When you're eighteen, then you have every right to do whatever you want to your body.

Sounds like you need to talk to your parents though. I can't believe your mother said what she said. There is obviously more going on between the two of you.

Meg

Old 01-21-2004, 08:36 AM   #4

nenofury HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg28
Seeing as you're a minor, I think you should do as your parents wish. When you're eighteen, then you have every right to do whatever you want to your body.

Sounds like you need to talk to your parents though. I can't believe your mother said what she said. There is obviously more going on between the two of you.

Meg

Piercings are white trash. You'll regret it later.

Old 01-21-2004, 09:18 AM   #5

sheshamonster HB User

If you are under 18, I think you should definitely listen to what your mom said. If you want it that badly, you should calmly just talk to her about it. Ask her why she feels the way she does about belly button rings etc. Don't be childish. If you discuss it like adults and try to understand her point of view, you may find that she's more open to listen to yours.

If you want to do things to your body you should either a) wait until your eighteen or b) wait until you move out of the house. Until then you have to respect your parent's wishes.

My mom also has this issue with piercings. She won't even let my sister get a second piercing in her ear. There's nothing you can do about the situation besides try to win your mom over, but do not under any circumstances go and get it done without approval. Good luck!

Old 01-21-2004, 03:08 PM   #6

prsurf HB User

get it done! i cant stress it enough it will annoy ur parants! just get it pierced and just dont tell them and hide it in the house but once u go out then show it. then show them non chalantly and do it in public so they wont make a seen and then thell be less harsh when they do talk to u about since they will have time to think and reason it out

Old 01-21-2004, 07:36 PM   #7
Inactive

musicmaker650 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsurf
get it done! i cant stress it enough it will annoy ur parants! just get it pierced and just dont tell them and hide it in the house but once u go out then show it. then show them non chalantly and do it in public so they wont make a seen and then thell be less harsh when they do talk to u about since they will have time to think and reason it out
Rebellious aren't we prsurf Sug has to live with her parents. Does she really want to annoy her parents any more than they already are? 18 is a good age to exercise her long-waited for independence. I personally think belly piercings are cool... if you have the belly for it. But I'm a musician... What do I know

Old 01-21-2004, 11:35 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User

Why go and have your belly button pierced, just so it can be taken out when your parents find out? You are wasting time and money when you know that you cannot hide it forever and it will be taken away. Once your parents find out, it will just lower their opinion of you. It shows them your lack of respect for them and their rules. They will come down harder on you than ever before. Then when you want something else, they will be less likely to allow you to do it since they cannot trust you.

Trust is everything with parents. Trust equals freedom for you. If they can trust that you respect their rules and that you yourself make good decisions, then you will have more freedom. Freedom to go places because they trust you and your judgement.

When parents cannot trust, then you cannot stay out late, go to parties, etc.

Belly button piercing is just a poser fade. Like you said everyone you know has one. Why rebel and become grounded, lose your parents trust and respect and lose your freedom just to look like all of your poser friends?

Old 01-22-2004, 06:10 PM   #9

crazybabe_2004 HB User

ummmm...when did a belly piercing become a sex symbol??

Old 01-22-2004, 11:54 PM   #10
Inactive

musicmaker650 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybabe_2004
ummmm...when did a belly piercing become a sex symbol??
It does depend on the bellybutton

Closed Thread