It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2004, 06:31 PM   #1

lifeguard03 HB User
Question help! help! help!!!!!!

ok well i need some help! i'm so lost and confused. i'm a freshmen in college and i feel like my time left to have fun and be young is almost over. i feel like i just dont have much time before i got to pull all my knowledge toghether and get a good job and buy a hoiuse and stuff. but i feel so lost in the real world and i just want to keep partying and gpoing out with my friends, i know i'm still young and college is party heaven but i feel like its all going to end before i know it. well i guess i better drink and smoke it up while it lasts

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2004, 11:29 AM   #2
(female)

HoneyChild650 HB User
Re: help! help! help!!!!!!

You're only freshman. You have 4 years and college, take advantage of it! Have fun!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2004, 06:58 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

greenstumpie HB User

i am a freshmen too and can say that too much stress can actually be bad for you... stop worrying about those things... yesh they will come, but right now, all you have to worry about is doing well in school....

basically, know that there is a time for academics and a time for partying... the two def dont mix...

about the partying, dont do too much where it would begin to affect you schoolwork and grades... but DO have some fun... and as i have learned from people on my floor, dont drink every day... the kids who did ended up doing horrible... ah well what do i know right, i am only a freshmen too!

Last edited by greenstumpie; 01-24-2004 at 06:59 PM.

Old 01-24-2004, 09:02 PM   #4

calurduran HB User

As a recent college graduate, I can assure you that there's plenty of time left for you to enjoy yourself. Don't feel like you have to squeeze it all into freshman year! The best thing you can do for yourself is to find your own balance between academics and social life, and then maintain that balance straight through to graduation. You'll find that the working world still offers you the same opportunities for recreation and partying, but that by that point in your life, your tastes will have changed.

Old 01-26-2004, 01:58 PM   #5

Larzylarz HB User

I'm probably a few years older than you, but I am also a college student. I have felt the way you do so many times! The older I get the more I realize that I can still have fun even after college. You definantly want to be successful in your life and stick to school and make something of yourself, but you have to have fun also! Life I think can become even more fun the older you get. You can go out after you graduate and party and not have to worry about your test on monday or the paper you need to write. You're still young after you graduate. Growing up can really be scary, but trust me give yourself sometime and you will see it's not bad. I used to say the same things as you and everyone would give me the advice I'm giving you and it took a while for it to sink in and realize maybe they knew what they were talking about. Anyway, good luck to you in school and just keep in mind fun doesn't end when college ends. Also don't party too hard, because you want to be successful in school. Try to find a good balance.

Remember to live life on your clock not societies. There's no rush to go get married and have a family and a career until you are ready. You will only be happy in life when you live it the way you see fit.

Last edited by Larzylarz; 01-26-2004 at 01:59 PM.

Closed Thread