It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2004, 10:52 PM   #1

cheerguh2003 HB User
HOw will things change?

Hey ok there is this guy that i have known since i started going to my church about since i was 5 and i was never friends with him cuz of the 2 year age differnce but like after i turned 13 we started talking and being good friends and this happend only like in november we becmae good friends and we would talk about the girls he likes and gettin message back and foruth the the girls and stuff but we are good friends but he told my brother yesterday on thephone that he likes me and like my brother today said uh....he wants to talk to you so i was like ok? and i got on and he said ok so whats up then he was like ill just cut to the chase do you like me? and i havent thought about it since we were such good friends and all so i said yeah but some ppl may get mad at me (ex'es that he hasnt cleared stuff up with that im friends with) so we were like ok and then he got back on the phone with my bro..but i dont see how thing will change becuase we sit by each other sometiems and talk all the time how will ti change now that we like each other?? i mean since we are like involed in church and stuff no1 goes on dates or whatever or dates or "goes out" but all i know is he likes me and i said i liked him just incase i did i didnt wanan say no and ruin any chance i had but its werid a month into our friendship i liked him but 2 months later (now) i decided no but i said yeah but anyway how are things gonna change between us??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2004, 01:34 PM   #2

Larzylarz HB User
Re: HOw will things change?

If you honestly don't feel like you like him in a romantic way, thats ok. You guys may want to talk about it. Just let him know how much you enjoy the friendship and how much you would like to continue being friends. I believe you should always be honest with your friends and everyone and you should let him know that you're not intrested in him in a romantic way, but you really love having him as a friend.
I think the reason you don't like him that way is because you two are such good friends. Just be honest with him and yourself. Don't tell someone you like them when you don't so that you will have someone to date. It's so much better to date someone you truly have feelings for. You may not feel this way about a guy for a while and that's ok. It's better to let yourself mature and know who you are before you begin to date. If you have an older person to talk to about dating and your feelings that would be great. I'm sure you could find someone in your church that could give you a lot of great advice on dating. I would go to someone who is at least in their 20's because they are young enough to know where your coming from, but old enough to have experienced a mature dating relationship. If you are close to your parents I bet they could even give you some advice.

Good luck to you, I hope things work out between you and you're friend.

Closed Thread