It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2004, 04:16 AM   #1

ahmel HB User
Angry Belly Piercing migrating?

Help!? I think my belly piercing is migrating.. I had it pierced 6 months ago and its slowly moving towards the side. and now i think its being rejected.. how do i know for sure? do i have to take it out and let it recover?

http://maru.dark-elements.net/bp.jpg

help? >.< repiercing is freaking expensive too.. #&!_#!_&#!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2004, 07:46 AM   #2
(male)

jamie17 HB User
Re: Belly Piercing migrating?

This happened to a friend of mine, except her piercing migrated up from her belly button. They told her at the piercing place that it tends to happen more with people who have "deep" belly buttons. Don't know if that's true or not. Anyway, she had to take hers out because it wouldn't stop migrating. Except she waited too long, and now she has a scar going in a line pointing north from her belly button for about 1 3/4". Not trying to scare you, but I think you should go back to the piercing place and ask them what you should do before it moves too far. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2004, 08:35 AM   #3
(female)

angelgrl28 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmel
Help!? I think my belly piercing is migrating.. I had it pierced 6 months ago and its slowly moving towards the side. and now i think its being rejected.. how do i know for sure? do i have to take it out and let it recover?

http://maru.dark-elements.net/bp.jpg

help? >.< repiercing is freaking expensive too.. #&!_#!_&#!
I have never heard of a piercing migrating but if you think your body is rejecting the piercing than u should take it out. yes u will have a small scar but it shouldnt be that noticable. The picture is too blury for me to tell what exactly is going on. But I know about piercings exspecially body piercings I have 3 body piercings plus my ears pierced many times. My belly button did go through the rejection stage where it hurt and puss came out of it and I dont care what they say it takes about a year for a piercing to fully heal. If you really want to keep your piercing and it is that bad then go to the place you got pierced and ask them what exactly is going on. If you have to take it out then take it out cause its not worth it if its going to hurt ur body.
Good luck post back on what happened.

Old 02-04-2004, 10:58 AM   #4

ahmel HB User

Gah.. since the skin that is covering the barbell is growing smaller (shorter as in more of the barbell can be seen), I think I might take it out..sigh.. I cant go back to the place I pierced since its at a stall in a shopping mall where they called the piercer to come in from somewhere else. sounds dodgy huh? This is the first time i have this sort of problem. I had multiple ear piercings but the first body piercing. Gah... ******* off at ownself*

Old 02-04-2004, 11:15 AM   #5
(female)

angelgrl28 HB User

Dont worry about it ahmel cause u can always pierce the bottom part of ur belly button. Maybe try and going to a piercing place and ask them even though they didnt pierce u they can see the problem and if you really want ur belly button pierced that bad either see what they say about keeping it in or get the bottom pierced. I know girls that have it done and it looks cute but it can get caught more easily which isnt a cool thing.

Old 02-04-2004, 09:03 PM   #6

ahmel HB User

thanks for ur help! btw, i managed to take a clearer pic of it. I dont think that much of the barbell is supposed to be seen huh? Anyway will see about taking it out

http://maru.evening-frost.net/bp2.jpg

Last edited by ahmel; 02-04-2004 at 09:10 PM.

Closed Thread