It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2004, 05:26 AM   #1

XxXroe-babyXxX HB User
Unhappy i need help

Hey guys my name is Roe-baby and I am a total mess. I really do need some help. I am a 16 year old girl who is becoming depressed and I don't like it. Well everyone is talking about me, and people are going on my screen name calling me bad names and stuff and it really does hurt. Sometimes I feel like the only way out of pain and sorrow is dieing. I have had suicidal thoughts before, but never so strong like I do now. I just want a friend who understands where I am comming from and will help me do something about it. What do I do? Please help me!!!

Old 02-06-2004, 02:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Angel77 HB User
Re: i need help

What do you mean by people are going by your screen name and saying bad things?? Please read the post from CrazyBabe about her friend being suicidal. I posted on it and also left some info that's too extensive to re-post but I have posted before. I need to know more about your situation before I can try to help. But do know this....until we can really talk about it, give yourself time. If you become completely suicidal and feel that you're going to follow through, just give yourself 24hrs before doing anything.
This will give you time to re-group, as most suicidal people don't really want to die, in fact, none of them do....They just want the pain to stop and feel it's the only way out. I can tell you honestly, from personal experience....when I thought that life couldn't get any worse, there was no way out and I wanted to die, I just kept giving it a little more time and can not tell you how glad I am that I did. My life hasn't changed a ton, I still have to struggle harder than most, but my attitude has changed 180 degrees and I'm beyond happy that I made it!!! I can't imagine ending it in such pain and never knowing the happiness that I feel now. You will never know this happiness if you don't give it a chance. I promise, it will happen.
Yes it hurts when people say things that hurt you, but know in your heart, people that say things to deliberately hurt you are not happy with themselves and point fingers at others to keep from having to look in the mirror. I don't know if you still can look up someone's specific posts, but if you can, look up mine and you may find we relate in many ways...it may also give you an idea of what I've been through and may be able to help you with. I am willing, just ask. Don't be ashamed of what has gone on in your life, everyone has secrets and things that embarass them, but if you're strong enough to put it out there, you take away the power of others to make you feel bad about them. Life is a learning process and nothing to apologize for. Everyone learns at different rates, in different ways and because of different experiences. Life hands you many painful experiences but if you look long enough, you can take something positive from it.
I have been able to take something positive from every experience in my life, no matter how horrible it was. Once you get into this mind-set, you will start to be optimistic about life and be more able to see the better side of a bad situation and create the good where there wasn't any before. But this is a choice, no one will hand it to you, you have to reach out and take it. Happiness is yours if you let it. Don't talk yourself into believing you only deserve to feel the misery....no one does....but some don't know it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2004, 04:25 PM   #3
Inactive

sentedshowergel HB User
Re: i need help

I understand completley. Dont be sad. People dont realize what they do, they are so simple and you obviousley have deep feelings. People cant help the way they are, usually, they are playdough. They allow simple things to mold them, the media and peers, and are scared to death that some one will smooch there structure. Your just an easy target. The greatest thing that Ive learned in life is to do is allow them to make fun of you all they want, dont care because its not important. As long as you try to be a good person, its not importnt what they do or say. Be good to them or just ignore them as much as you can. Soon I promise it will be over and you will have benifeted from it. They will just feel like crap like they always do. If you just try to be the best that you can be, dont gossip about them, dont gossip about any one, dont make fun of them or get angry at them, it will all work out. People these days say that you shouldent put up with that crap and you should kick their butts..dont believe it, drama distorys lives. I remember being a teen, it was the hardest thing in the world to get through. People made fun of me, spit in my hair, I had such low self esteem. But Im glad i went through it because adults arnt much different, infact they are more minuplitive about it. Im prepared for it though.

Closed Thread